Not everyone has access to expensive amplifier speakers and impulse responses are the "spirit" of those physical devices in a digital format. We belive that the ability to produce a great sound should be available to everyone. So we built a library where we, as a community can collect them all.
We have three types of Impulses:
- Standalone impulses - Simply select the file, give it a name and a nice description and you're set.
- Impulse responses attached to a rig - Where you can construct your own rig and add the Impulses from it. It's a bit tedious compared to standalones but it if you check out that part of the library you will understand why it is a nice option.
- Mixpulses - In addition to several normal Impulse responses, we have also released a series of "Mixpulses" that are combinations of several microphones (12!) into just one single file.
For those of you that wish to download the impulses in the library as packs, we have made two packs available:
- If you want to contribute to the library you can register an account here.
- If you need help to get started with using Impulse responses, we made a guide for you here
- If you need help to get started with recording your own impulse responses, here is a guide
- Pack one - Contains 350+ Impulses and can be found in your profile after you have logged in.
- Pack two - Contains 1185 impulses and can be found in your profile after you have uploaded an Impulse of your own to the library.
The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.Dismiss Notice
Soundwoofer - Impulse response library 1.0