Search results

1. Blackmoreguitar

What that hell happened to Fender ?

Yeah, that's cool, I haven't tried a Pro II but I think they look great. There is a distinct guitar shortage in the UK at the moment; sucks.......
  2. Blackmoreguitar

I would rather have a push / push, its much easier to use and no one can see the gap except the player. Not that anyone would care anyway. We all have different priorities but I can't see why it's an issue?
  3. Blackmoreguitar

Amp turning off then on

Sounds very similar to a known issue with early Boogie MKV amps which was apparently caused by failing or under-rated diodes; I'm sorry I can't be more specific. It doesn't sound like tubes to me but that would still be the first thing I would want to rule out. However, if I knew a good tech I...
  4. Blackmoreguitar

That knob is a push / push, I have one on a wired pick guard I have. Unfortunately they have to have that gap in order to work because in order to have it pop up it has to be pushed down first.. Just for info re the 'swamp ash', there isn't a swamp ash body offered on the Professional series...
  5. Blackmoreguitar

Strat Tone Knob Configuration

I wire my strats so the bridge has its own tone control. My tele has the tone wired to the bridge only as well. It works for me; have yours how you want. I am not pretending to be an authority on anything.
  6. Blackmoreguitar

WOW!! Gotoh In Tune Tele Saddles!!

I put seymour duncan quarter pounders in my tele to give it a bit of oomph and found it quite dark; the titanium Gotohs livened it up; it previously had the brass ones fitted.
  7. Blackmoreguitar

Greatest Rock Band To Walk The Earth and why.

I'd pick Led Zeppelin even though they're not my favourite band. They had the whole package in terms of great musicianship, coupled with the image and great material. I think Queen are contenders, maybe but for their foray into the realms of more pop based stuff. Deep Purple MKII were great too...
  8. Blackmoreguitar

Guitar Thief in Action (Marietta/Atlanta GA)

Exact same experience with DPD, who are in my experience by far the best delivery company, as opposed to UPS who left my FM3 by my front door, which opens directly onto the street. Luckily my next door neighbour grabbed it before it was stolen. UPS have a habit of delivering a day early which is...
  9. Blackmoreguitar

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Tony has an agenda when it comes to Fractal Audio. Lots of shenanigans with him registering Fractal as a domain name and trying to get Fractal to buy it off him or some such malarky. His reviews often concentrate on irrelevant stuff, IMO, and are often misinformed. Like he kept going on and on...
  10. Blackmoreguitar

New Higher End Floor Modeler Coming from Fractal?

I sometimes feel sorry for the guys selling preset packs, the frequent updates must be a source of frustration there.
  11. Blackmoreguitar

That's the price of progress unfortunately. I have to say however that most updates change the sound in a subtle way and it is rarely an issue. I've been using Fractal gear for quite a quite a few years now and I can only remember one update that I thought changed my sound in a bad way (which...
  12. Blackmoreguitar

FM3 Second Time Around Thoughts (vs Helix)

I have mine set up so when it boots up it is in preset view, i.e. the three switches select preset say 1, 2 and 3. I can bank up by pressing and holding the right switch and bank down by pressing and holding the left switch. Now when I select a preset the switches automatically become scene...
  13. Blackmoreguitar

Silver Sky - first impressions

I agree with everything you're saying, but the picture of the OPs neck does not look like a properly glued joint. it has a gap, a crevice, a fissure, some may say it is not unadjacent to a crevasse and looks horrible. A good scarf joint should not look like that.
  14. Blackmoreguitar

You'll always see it because of the wood grain, but the OPs looks terrible; yours looks properly done and wouldn't concern me at all.
  15. Blackmoreguitar

I think PRS would be embarrassed by that scarf joint; I find it hard to believe that is normal. I would return it.
  16. Blackmoreguitar

I think it was said that the FM3 is not capable of running the revamped drive algorithms. I haven't got an AXIII so can't comment on the differences so not sure. The FM3 drives are very good IMO, but then I only use them to boost an already driven amp model.
  17. Blackmoreguitar

The FM3 has two drive blocks. Each block has four channels so it has plenty of drives; I think there are 44 different drive models. The amp block also has a selection of 'built in' drives - lots of choices. The Axe III had a major revamp to its drive modelling which has not made it to the FM3...
  18. Blackmoreguitar

Whatcha think of this Strat color?

Lovely neck / fingerboard on that. I prefer sonic blue but that's still great looking guitar.
  19. Blackmoreguitar

NAD - BE-100 Deluxe (transformer noise seems loud)

Is it mechanical noise from the transformer or a hum through the speaker? I had a Runt 50 that had a distinct hum which was very noticeable and annoying at home but barely audible at a rehearsal and wasn't noticeable when I traded it in at a guitar shop either. It was really strange; as I said...
  20. Blackmoreguitar

How buggy is the FM3? (Edit: apparently not much!)

Have a look at the Fractal forum; they always put the firmware there first.
  21. Blackmoreguitar

Epiphone Prophecy weight?

Peach guitars have some in stock with the weights listed: https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/?brand_0=epiphone-guitars
  22. Blackmoreguitar

Strat guys / trem question.

The nut slots still need to be cut properly though.
  23. Blackmoreguitar

Iron Maiden Moonchild & Evil That Men Do, live with Axe-Fx III and AX8

I feel the same about the real Iron Maiden. I thought the singer was pretty good here though.
  24. Blackmoreguitar

Why do high end Fender buyers hate headstock truss access?

I'd prefer the adjustment to be at the headstock, but having said that I can't remember the last time I needed to adjust it.