Search results

1. shikawkee

Show your lap steel guitars

Thanks man. He's does great work. Not expensive either.
  2. shikawkee

My new baby from local Nashville luthier Clay Alden. Reclaimed barn wood:
  3. shikawkee

Henry Kaiser just sent me an email from Antarctica and says Debashish makes much cheaper, good ones. Whew! <g>
  4. shikawkee

My wife is very unhappy with you right now!! :D
  5. shikawkee

Yup, that's what they are. I want it!
  6. shikawkee

That doesn't always work for me either depending on the size of the photo. I switched to Flickr when PB went mad with greed.
  7. shikawkee

On the 10 I use Eb13 and on the 8 I use a Hindustani tuning with roots, 5th, 2nds, 4ths and bb4ths.
  8. shikawkee

Forgot to post my new 8 string Weissy: And did I post the 10 string Hudson lap? I'm playing a lot more 10 string and the Weissy is lonely:
  9. shikawkee

Blasphemy!! :p Haha, I get it though. But that why I have the Ricochet set for 2nd's to get those bends. Sort of <g>.
  10. shikawkee

Just out of sight! You know I'm never without lots of effects. Oh, you mean steel pedals? <g> That's what the Ricochet is for. :D
  11. shikawkee

Scale length is 25" and the lowest gauge is .58 to .20
  12. shikawkee

My latest baby. It's crazy good. Tuned to Eb Ionian Bebop tuning:
  13. shikawkee

Episode #9 is up with Norwegian pedal steel/slide genius Geir Sunstol who also owns the distinction of having a character in Fargo based on him. Yup, it's true (we didn't talk about that though <g>): https://edpettersen.com/blog
  14. shikawkee

Very nice. Wish I had seen that before grabbing my 8 string GeorgeBoard (which I love though).
  15. shikawkee

New podcast up. Debashish is my guest for episode 7: https://edpettersen.com/blog
  16. shikawkee

I'm sure there's some instructional videos on YouTube for free but if this makes sense in type if you're right handed and looking at the lap with the bar in your left hand tilt it at approximately a 45 degree angle left, usually on the higher strings side, to get the minor. It's not perfect and...
  17. shikawkee

Open tuning I imagine Eddie? There's two ways I know: 1.tilting the bar at an angle 2.you can play only certain strings and not all in some positions (see #1) Both 1 and 2 are interchangeable. You can tilt the bar and also only play certain strings. Takes some practice.
  18. shikawkee

They still had 5 or 6 as of this AM UK time. But I would also guess they pulled them. Too bad.
  19. shikawkee

Oh yeah and I bought an 8 string Weissenborn from Neil at Celtic Cross in Canada. It shipped to my place in Nashville to avoid vat and shipping so I won't get it until X-Mas.
  20. shikawkee

Episode #5 is up. Sacred Steel giant Calvin Cooke was my guest. What a blast chatting with him: http://edpettersen.com/blog
  21. shikawkee

J. Mascis Jazzmaster Mods!

Maple neck from Guitar Mill and Staytrem bridge. That's all I did and it's great. The pickups aren't bad at all. Try them out first before you spend money to replace. You may be surprised.
  22. shikawkee

Diamond Bottlenecks. www.diamondbottlenecks.com Ian is the man in charge.
  23. shikawkee

New glass bars arrived today. 4 1/2" and 4 3/4". Nice alternative to the silver bar and Daddy Slide is making me a 4 1/2" 3/4" width bar in German silver too:
  24. shikawkee

David Tronzo on this episode of my slide guitar podcast. Sonny Landreth might be next but also interviewed Debashish this week so much lap and pedal steel to come: http://edpettersen.com/blog
  25. shikawkee

The new GeorgeBoard. Absolutely love it. An exquisite instrument. I had to create a crazy tuning to get the tension I wanted in a flat key to play with horns but I'm very happy: