Search results

1. C

Praise for Trombetta's Mini Bone!

The PTD Mini Bone v2 is easily the most versatile and fun dirt pedal I've had the privilege to try/own. If you haven't tried one, you need to: a) Get on Paul's waiting list, and b) Wait for a good deal on a used Mini Bone while you wait to put in your order with Paul. I've gotten to the point...
  2. C

Help: New 6v6 Tubes for Morgan TR19!

So I have this killer Morgan TR19 that needs some new output tubes (6v6). One of them went on me this weekend. That being said, what tubes would you recommend for re-tubing? I also plan on installing them myself. Any advice, considering this is the first time I'm doing this 'surgery'...
  3. C

PSA/Advice: Lovepedal Roadhouse Eternity available thru Lovepedal

Sean Michael says he's been stocking NOS components and is re-releasing real deal Roadhouse Eternity's. I've heard lots of great things about this pedal, but have never tried one. Is it worth jumping on now to get a hold of one? $259 seems steep for an OD these days... :dunno Thoughts?
  4. C

A Missing Reverb/Delay - Input Needed!

So here's a pic of my board as it currently sits: I'm looking to upgrade to a slightly bigger board soon to accommodate some added pedals, like the Strymon Mobius and Micro POG, etc. Dilemma: I'm looking for another reverb/delay (not as important as 'verb) to add to the board before my...
  5. C

PSA: Gravity Picks 30% orders over $50

For those of you who really like Gravity picks (been using them solid for 9 months, and LOVE the classic big minis!), you can get 30% off orders over $50. I just bought a multi-pack (12 picks) for a little over $40 shipped after the discount.
  6. C

PSA: BOGO Lava Ultramafic Cable Kits!

Yep - that's right. Check out the ad in the Emporium. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1241886 E-mail sales@lavacable.com for the details. Crazy deal.
  7. C

The (un)Official Bearfoot Candy Apple Fuzz Thread!

Looks like Don and the Bearfoot team are up to something good! Anyone else having a hard time not buying a few Bearfoots lately??
  8. C

PSA: 15% off Sale at PGS

Just got the e-mail. Coupon Code: ONE15 Good for any purchase $99 or more. Ends midnight tonight.
  9. C

I just won a Bearfoot Model 4H!

Donner at Bearfoot FX held a contest yesterday for 'Talk Like a Pirate' day, asking people to submit videos, poems, pictures, whatever creative thing they wanted with a Bearfoot theme for a chance to win a unique Bearfoot box. I was picked for a poem I wrote, and I'm now getting a Model 4H...
  10. C

Octave Fuzz users - which one?

I've got the fuzz itch, and I really want to check out an octave fuzz. So, which one(s) should I be checking out? FWIW - Amps: Jackson Britain and '69 Super Reverb. Guitars: Strat, Tele, and LP.
  11. C

Blackout Effectors is Re-Releasing the Blunderbuss!!

Check it out: http://www.blackouteffectors.com/?page_id=402 You can pre-order the blunderbuss with updated graphic in the same teal/red scheme, and they'll be sending out late August!! :banana
  12. C

Recently re-tubed my 1969 Super Reverb - are the original tubes worth anything?

I just had my 1969 SFSR re-tubed a couple months ago, and I have the original RCA tubes that the amp was originally outfitted with. The only replacement was a 12at7, but the rest are original. I know nothing of used tubes.. are they of any worth at all?
  13. C

PSA: Tims available at Humbucker Music!

www.humbuckermusic.com/pacopatimpe.html For anyone interested. Just checking through their site and saw they were in stock!
  14. C

Got the amp, need a cabinet! 1x12 or 2x12?

I recently picked up a Jackson Britain 3.0 head, and I need a good cabinet to run the head through. I'm most likely going to be a diva and stick with a Jackson cabinet (possibly port city), but I'm curious about either a 1x12 or 2x12. I'd like the portability of the 1x12 cabinet, but I also...
  15. C

My First TGP-official NAD: Jackson Britain 3.0!

So up until this point, I haven't gotten any new amps in the time I've been on TGP. I sold off a couple of amps and some pedals on the hunt for a new amp that would complement my '69 Super Reverb well. I was torn between a Matchless, Morgan, and Jackson amp. Long story short, I found one for...
  16. C

What Would you pay for a 1978 Les Paul Deluxe?

Looks like there's a 1978 Les Paul Deluxe, natural finish, in excellent condition with case for sale at a local shop in the area. I'm not sure what a fair market price for an original 1978 LP deluxe in natural finish is, but i don't want to low-ball (or overshoot) an offer. Help a brother out!!
  17. C

New Amp time - Jackson Ampworks or Morgan?

I've always taken the word of others with a grain of salt, but for the most part, I've been steered pretty well in gear purchases on TGP. That being said, I'm saving for a new amp. I'm looking for a main amp live for mono use, and a nice stereo image with a '69 Super Reverb on my own/for...
  18. C

I think I've found the cure for pedal GAS!!!

It's Amp or Guitar GAS. :facepalm Seriously, I haven't had any sort of craving for new pedals. But let me tell you, I'm now hell-bent on saving for new guitars/amps! Just start browsing through the Amps and Cabs or Guitar Emporiums... The only disadvantage: it's going to get a whole lot more...
  19. C

PSA: 10% storewide at PGS

Just got an e-mail. Now through Monday at midnight. Code: PGS10 Happy shopping! :aok
  20. C

PSA: "Awaiting Fulfillment" is normal - Strymon Content

Just so everyone is aware, when you order status is updated to, "Awaiting Fulfillment", that is the first step in Strymon's order fulfillment process. You will get another e-mail notifying you that the pedal has shipped. So don't freak out. :eeks If your status reads, "Awaiting...
  21. C

Vintage Fender Amp Service - Ohio area?

I have an excellent condition 1969 drip-edge SFSR that I'm sure could use some reconing, recapping, etc. I am not too familiar of techs in the Ohio/surrounding states that specialize in vintage Fender amp service. Any suggestions?
  22. C

Any JHS Tremolo users out there??

I've got a Morning Glory OD inbound, and I'm in the market for a new Trem. I liked the Fulltone, but hated the real estate width-wise. This seems like a vintage-voiced trem with on-board LED for rate speed, which I like... and aesthetically, I love the look of these ones ESPECIALLY the...
  23. C

Compressor, or Buffer?

I just recently picked up a wireless system for my rig, and I'm running a pedalboard with the following: Skreddy LM > Keeley Comp > T1M Pearl > Timmy > Tuner > Hartman Flange > El Cap > TimeFactor > BSR Here's the dilemma: I've heard several videos of compressors and buffers, and I'm looking...
  24. C

Marshall-voiced OD/Distortion...I want your opinions!

Come December, my OD setup will be as follows: Lunar Module > The Pearl > ??? > Tim I am thinking about either a nice Distortion or a Marshall-voiced OD. I've got some ideas, being the following: MP Mighty Red Distortion Keeley Rat (LOVE my buddy's Rat tone) Wampler Plextortion Wampler...
  25. C

New Dunlop volume pedal... +/- Feedback???

Just curious if any TGP'ers are using the new Dunlop volume pedal.