Search results

1. Junkhead

The Beatles - Get Back (Peter Jackson film)

This gives me a competely different view of John. I have always seen/known him as the very serious type. This is like a complete 180 of what I thought he was like.
  2. Junkhead

Bogner 20th Shiva vs Bogner Ecstasy 3534..

Ended up getting a Fractal FM3. I started took for a desktop amps and it fit perfectly. I now play though headphones 80% of the time.
  3. Junkhead

Favourite Guitar Tone?

EVH - Brown Sound Randy Rhoads live tone from June 81 through September 81- He left the chorus on all the time throughout this period. His tone was very glassy sounding during this time period.
  4. Junkhead

How is Epiphone achieving these price points? New '59 LPS w/ Burstbuckers for $799

They are achieving these prices because what they are paying for parts, labor and logistics is lower than the retail price. :) Realistically guitar parts are very cheap to make, it all comes off a manufacturing line where they could pump out thousands a day if they wanted to. I would think the...
  5. Junkhead

Gibson LP Jr fretboard looks dry.. should I buy?

Looks like the fretboard was sanded
  6. Junkhead

Fractal is the only device that sells for equal to or more than you originally paid.

I purchased an Axe FX III + FC12 in June 2019. I sold them both a couple months ago for $3600+ :D Today I ordered an FM3 so I am basically getting it for free ;)
  7. Junkhead

What’s the LP weigh???

I’m the opposite, I likely won’t entertain an LP if it’s under 10lbs.
  8. Junkhead

Your favorite Van Halen song?

Probably Drop Dead Legs or I’ll Wait
  9. Junkhead

What was the "good wood" era?

I always think of good wood as sustaining only, not tone. The general tone of the wood should be be the same across all quality of wood no matter how dense it is, mahogany is mahogany etc.., to a degree of course. To test how good a guitar sustains compared to other I always imagined having...
  10. Junkhead

ChaseBliss/Benson Automatone Preamp MKII is here.

It's the perfect mashup of simplicity + technology. I think its my next pedal! I wonder if all his future pedals will follow this format? It seems too perfect not to. I did read though that they are very tedious to build so it may not be possible.
  11. Junkhead

Reverb alternatives?

I think the next thing down from Reverb/Ebay is what we already have here at the TGP. The next logical step for TGP to make it an official buy & sell store similar to Ebay and Reverb. The only difference is that neither reverb or eBay have communities like this (to my knowledge) and it will...
  12. Junkhead

Fractal Axe-Fx III Mark II

Even happier now that I sold my III + FC12 for $3600 a couple months ago.
  13. Junkhead

Your Prettiest Guitar

14. Junkhead

Guitar Center just hacked their COVID-19 return policy

Makes more sense to me for guitars. Realistically the return policy on a guitar should be anywhere from 3-7 days. I mean come on most people will know within a few hours if they like it or not. This mainly applies to online purchases. If you purchase in store then I would easily be ok with a...
  15. Junkhead

Any guitar stores in NH?

Guitar Center in Nashua about 2 minutes from the MA border. Tradeland is not a music store but more of a pawn shop on steroids. It is located right across the street form GC by Chili's. They usually have 12-20 guitars and a bunch of used amps as well. I don't think there are any other guitar...
  16. Junkhead

My 1st gig in 5 months might be my last

It sounds like you need to go full Mark Wahlberg like at the end of Rock Star and just go solo acoustic.
  17. Junkhead

Show Me Your Knaggs

I like this one a lot as well but it has the same thing I dislike on my Severn X leopard I posted earlier, those damn plane dot inlays. I don’t think of it much but I wish Knaggs would stop using them on all their guitars as IMO it somewhat ruins an otherwise perfect looking instrument. They...
  18. Junkhead

2 channel Marshally/Fendery amp

Bogner shiva 20th
  19. Junkhead

Show Me Your Knaggs

eh...I finally figured it out. When you create an album here at the TGP it defaults to private as they must assume you are uploading nudes. I made the folder public and now the images appearfor me when I am not logged in.
  20. Junkhead

Show Me Your Knaggs

Here is my Severn X in Leopard I mentioned earlier. The neck on this thing is like nothing else I have experienced on other guitars in my 30 years of playing. The only way I can describe it is it must akin to what people describe Les Paul baseball bat necks of the 1950's, a baseball bat is...
  21. 6C66ABE0-11F6-49F1-900C-D743755A2A32_1_201_a

6C66ABE0-11F6-49F1-900C-D743755A2A32_1_201_a

Knaggs Severn X - Leopard
  22. 337B0BB3-E522-4B52-81BA-81E7EDF38DA9_1_201_a

337B0BB3-E522-4B52-81BA-81E7EDF38DA9_1_201_a

23. C2F75999-28F1-4B2A-B0DE-7E7A04B4A781_1_201_a

C2F75999-28F1-4B2A-B0DE-7E7A04B4A781_1_201_a

24. FE2E0D30-A6C6-4503-810C-77C11EBE1E4C_1_201_a

FE2E0D30-A6C6-4503-810C-77C11EBE1E4C_1_201_a