Search results

1. T

Who are the Bands you got to see live when they were in their absolute prime and at the top of their game ?

Metallica Slayer Testsment Anthrax Alice in Chains STP FIshbone Primus Melvins Black Crows Ben Harper Jane's Addiction Butthole Surfers The Reverend Horton Heat Pearl Jam Rage Against the Machine Gwar
  2. T

What bands scratch the same itch as Morphine?

I love All Them Witches, but nowhere near the same vibe. ATW is psychedelic blues rock, Morphine is acid jazz to me.
  3. T

What bands scratch the same itch as Morphine?

Just checked out Monique Ortiz/Bourbon Princess. Awesome stuff.
  4. T

Greatest Rock Band To Walk The Earth and why.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If aliens appeared to me tomorrow and said, "rock us or your planet dies now," I would put on Let There Be Rock, and you would all get to live your flawed lives another day. You are welcome for your continued future existence, no thanks necessary, feel...
  5. T

3 consecutive albums that captured a band at their peak and cemented their legacy?

Pure Rock Fury is awesome, but there is just something special to me about the writing on Elephant Riders, and the thickness of the sound is unreal. Blast Tyrant and Robot Hive/Exodus are both flat out ferocious rock albums, and I love the B3 all over them. ****, I love them all, so it's hard...
  6. T

3 consecutive albums that captured a band at their peak and cemented their legacy?

If I was choosing favorites it would be.. Elephant Riders Blast Tyrant Robot Hive Exodus
  7. T

Clutch: Live from the Doom Saloon Vol III

And JP is the best drummer in rock music today.
  8. T

Clutch: Live from the Doom Saloon Vol III

Just finishing up now. I got my son the deluxe autographed package for Christmas. I loved it. They are such a refreshing breath of real in an industry that is full of fakes these days. Everytime I see Tim play it strikes me how controlled and economical his playing style is. He and I could not...
  9. T

Clutch Pure Rock Fury Blast Tyrant Robot Hive/Exodus
  10. T

Giving them another listen now. They should be in my wheel house, but at first listen it didn't grab me.
  11. T

Love those albums, but it's I, II, IiI for me. However, there is a very strong argument for the OP's selection of II, III, IV.
  12. T

PJ Harvey Dry Rid of Me To Bring You My Love
  13. T

If you had said... On Through the Night High & Dry Pyromania I would agree. I love the first 3 DL albums, but Hysteria was a steaming pile of pop BS. Did it make them uber famous and lots of money? Yes. Was it of the same caliber musically? Not even close imo.
  14. T

What are you listening to right now?

The whole album. She hit the ground running on that first disc.
  15. T

I can understand that, but I see the three I named as the ones that established the model for the band they would be throughout their career. The self titled is raw, a bunch of jams thrown together. Like a demo ep, just a really f#@king good one. Paranoid is where the band starts to find...
  16. T

As much as I love the self titled gotta go... Paranoid Master of Reality Vol 4
  17. T

Songs That Were Recorded Under the Influence

Not even close. Not saying they weren't high, but they are pretty tame as acts go. Now the Butthole Surfers otoh, their music is a schedule I narcotic in its own right. Pretty sure every one of their first 5 discs were recorded on shitloads of everything under the sun. When I was young the...
  18. T

Educate Me on Rockabilly and Country and Western Music

I have to ask, and sorry if you've been over this before, but is you name a pair of eyes, or a pair of titties?
  19. T

Been listening to this album a lot recently, also her first album.
  20. T

I’m just going to say it. I thought the cure were supposed to be some sort of badass band...

Yeah, as has been stated badass is not an apt adjective for describing anything related to The Cure. Don't expect blistering lead lines and thunderous riffs.
  21. T

Now: David Allen Coe - Rides Again Last 24 hrs: David Allen Coe - Truckin' Outlaw Hank III - Risin' Outlaw (Is there a trend here?) ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud & Fandango (Maybe I was just in a Texas mood, lol) Also in there... Goatsnake - Flower of Disease, and I + Dog Days Red Fang - Murder...