Search results

1. D

Jimmy Wallace Pickups

I've been thinking about putting some Throbaks in my McKay 335. My repair guy is swearing up and down I should try these Jimmy Wallace pickups. Anybody know anything about these?
  2. D

Vintage or Boutique?

Sorry if this gets long. So I've been playing since 1970 but I've never owned a good acoustic. Now I finally have the money to buy 1 nice guitar and I have to decide if I want vintage or ??? When I say vintage I mean D-18, probably from the 60's. If I buy new it will probably be a mahogany...
  3. D

PRS Starla...any thoughts?

I'm looking around for a back-up for the Tele. I want something with a different type of pick-ups and with a Wammy. I like the look and price of the Starla. I guess they made a core model but now only have the Korean ones. Like I said...any thoughts?
  4. D

Large Martin inventory in Texas

Hey folks, I'm thinking of buying a D-18. I'd like to play and compare some. Is there anyplace in central Texas with a large inventory?
  5. D

Who would take a Collings I35LC over a '65 or later 335?

I'm a tele guy and kind of a one guitar kind of guy. That being said, I've always loved vintage 335's, 345's etc.... So if I ever buy a second guitar it would be like that. I'm never going to have a $10k and up guitar so that pretty much rules out '58 through '64. I have no interest in the 70's...