Search results

1. J

Splawn Amplification Official TGP Thread

They had 25watts and 55watts at one point, at least for a few years, but did you order 55w and get the 25w instead?
  2. J

2020 Charvels

Sooo... Who’s still rocking a 2020? I’ve heard of some QC issues with recent MIMs. Anyone have a recent experience, good or bad?
  3. J

Celestion Redback vs Mesa C-90 ?

Gotcha. Yeah, I was thinking Redbacks on top and V30s on bottom, because mine are Chinese and not sure I want them pointing at me on top in my 4x12.
  4. J

The Eminence Mick Thomson SLIPKNOT DV-77

They sound great. Only making it in 8 ohm??
  5. J

Celestion Redback vs Mesa C-90 ?

Where are you putting the Redbacks? I'm thinking to put them on top and V30s on bottom of my Marshall MF cab.
  6. J

Which model and year do you have again? ...Yeah, that's one concern I have about getting another Splawn is they can be pretty picky with speakers. My cabs have Chinese V30s, Creamback H75s, and Redbacks. ...My thought is the Splawn would do well with Redbacks the best out of what I have.
  7. J

Sounds great. Was that New or Old?
  8. J

what do you think old, mid-cut, and B+?
  9. J

Nice! Look forward to hearing how you like it and what you think of the new/old and mid-cut. What year and model did have previously?
  10. J

Interesting thoughts about the blanket @Goldie Glocks. Can you elaborate a bit more on that? Is it because it's not bright enough or it lacks some 3D quality or seems congested somewhere? ...Curious.
  11. J

Nice!
  12. J

Are you happy enough with it being 50w or have any thoughts/remorse on not getting the 100w?
  13. J

@fusionbear how's it going with your new mini Comp?
  14. J

My 2014 Pro Stock had Classic Tone. Ripping amp.
  15. J

Mezzabarba Skill 30w over the JJ Jr

That sounds wicked. I tend to always boost the BE channel. Liked the Koko better in this clip.
  16. J

That sounds great. Was that the BE channel and what speakers in that Marshall?
  17. J

I have the big JJ100. Played it this morning in my apartment. It has a tremendous punch on the JBE channel at low volume. Mine is modded with the JBE volume control making it a 3 channel footswitchable amp. if price difference isn’t a concern, I promise you you don’t need an attenuators...
  18. J

Cool. What clean boost? And I presume that’s a better approach vs using an OD pedal?
  19. J

Nice. I thought New would have added the saturation vs. Old, so that's good to know.
  20. J

And Old adds a little saturation? ...That was one of my gripes with my 2014 B+ Pro Stock is I wish it had a bit more saturation.
  21. J

So is it New or Old that adds the snarl and a little bit of saturation? Thx!
  22. J

My thoughts as well. Figured old would be a bit stiffer and brighter. And just to be sure, which toggle is on the left and which is to the right? It sounds like it loses some volume when you engage the toggle on the left. Thanks!
  23. J

Awesome. So which is up: old or new?
  24. J

Don’t the Comps have pentode/triode switches instead? Or I think they used to.
  25. J

Finally and great job and many thanks. I good in room recording of the differences in the toggle switches and loop volume. I could definitely hear the differences for mid cut and new/old and given how middy and bright and cutting these amps can be, you clip demonstrates well how these options...