Search results

1. L

Are these diodes good for any pedal building?

I’ve got a few of these rectifier diodes I scavenged and I’m thinking about making a pedal with them. Are they any good from a tone perspective?
  2. L

Built a 212

Thanks!
  3. L

Built a 212

5/8” Baltic Birch ply except back which is 1/2”, box jointed.
  4. L

Built a 212

Sounds really great. In case anyone is wondering It’s wired to 4ohm because the mosvalve sounds great at 4 ohm. I’m going to install a 4/16 switch so I can use it directly with amp. Oh and I know it’s wired out of phase in the pic. I took the pic and looked at it and went oops and fixed it.
  5. L

Built a 212

added a Traynor logo to the front. Looked a little naked. Fills the amp gap.
  6. L

Built a 212

30” tall 23” wide 14” deep
  7. L

Built a 212

Ya closed oversized. Size is similar to a wizard 212. Wanted some bottom end. I run an IR into FOH so it’s really only stage volume.
  8. L

Built a 212

Wanted a 212 for an EVH style rig I’m going to be using if and when the band starts playing live again :dunno: It will have the 2 weber 1225Cs. My Traynor is basically a 50w plexi. I copied the filtering and fizz cap values from what’s out there about 12301. The amp goes into my reactive load...
  9. L

Anyone else feel the creamback really isn’t all that Greenback’ish?

But they market them as a higher power Greenback sound with more bottom end. G12m-65
  10. L

Anyone else feel the creamback really isn’t all that Greenback’ish?

I’ve had the creamback for a few years now and I just can’t find the crackle and grit of a g12m in there. It gets a great smooth punchy tone but I can’t get it to rock. I’ve had it in a few amps and applications but I’m just not hearing it.
  11. L

Pickup suggestions for a chambered les Paul

2008 standard. I sold the bbpros and put in a paf style pickup but after 7 years I’m finding them less focused than I would like. Maybe too “airy” sounding. I had a set of alnico pro2s in there for a while which were ok but still not “it”. I’ve read the dimarzio air zone sounds great in these...
  12. L

First ge7 in 30 years

I seem to remember my original being 9v but 30 years ago, lol, could have very well been 12. Can’t remember.
  13. L

First ge7 in 30 years

Yep. It’s very quiet too.
  14. L

First ge7 in 30 years

I don't know anything about the pedal other than it's made in taiwan and is 12v.
  15. L

First ge7 in 30 years

Oh we do, but it was last month so standing up and at dinner and talking about my eq pedal tonight probably would have weirded people out :)
  16. L

First ge7 in 30 years

I sold my ge7 in 1988 while liquidating some pedals and never thought much about it again. Back then I was playing with so much gain the eq never really shined. Fast forward to last weekend and I grabbed one locally on a whim. Years of tone chasing with speakers, pickups, amps... 5 minutes...
  17. L

Dim led on GE-7

Thanks folks. Flipped it to 12v and it’s fine. I had one of the 9v ones years ago and had no clue there was a 12v version.
  18. L

Dim led on GE-7

I picked up a used BOSS GE-7 eq today. Anyone have an idea why the led would only very dimly light ? Barely visible. This is using my onespot cs7 which is working fine.
  19. L

'70s Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master to join my '72 Marshall JMP 50 Watt Lead. Going to need a tech.

The Marshall is probably an easy fix but you need someone qualified to look at it. Same thing with the traynor. I can save you allot of trial and error with the traynor. I have a ‘71 yba1 and wanted it to sound basically like your metal face Marshall. Despite changing the preamp and tone stack...
  20. L

For older TGP'ers doing weekly gigs around town - amp question

I tried the modeling thing with an Amplifire and didn’t like it after the shine wore off. We play mainly smallish places and for the last year or so I’ve run just my pedal board with a le crunch preamp with an h9 in the loop. This splits to a Mooer radar that feeds FOH with my tone with an IR...
  21. L

Longest you've run an amp without a speaker load?

My old traynor has a shorting jack but it shorts via a big cement resistor so at least there is some load. It’s a smart idea and I don’t know why it’s not in more amps.
  22. L

E strings on Frankenstrat

Number ones neck. Is this where it was supposedly shaved all the way to the truss rod cavity?
  23. L

E strings on Frankenstrat

I took a bunch. Everyone was. I have some fantastic close pics of page’s #1.