Search results

1. mmrxcsr01

Texas Flood at el Mocambo, I hadn’t watched it in some time

CRUSHING handshake, met him in Pittsburgh with Albert King as that night's opener, Albert's bus was running late arriving, SRV was standing outside the stage door when AK pulled up...SRV let AK's band use DT's gear, as much as they could, to get him onstage as quickly as possible...and when SRV...
  2. mmrxcsr01

I think Clapton's tone on the Live Cream album is the best guitar sound ever.

So, any thoughts as to what he's playing on "Sittin' On Top Of The World", from "Goodbye"? Waaaaaay different tone there....
  3. mmrxcsr01

I want a nylon string guitar because of my old arthritic fingers.

For what it's worth, I started having some stiffening of the hands back in Feb, actually cancelled a few gigs. Then I tries "Nashville" tuning on an Alvarez I got pretty cheaply, and man, what a difference. Not only EASY to play at pitch, but the difference in chord voicings made me re-learn a...
  4. mmrxcsr01

String to string volume w/ Lace Gold's....

Other strings are all good.....just the high e.....
  5. mmrxcsr01

Yes to pup height, following the manufacturer guide....and this has been a gradual loss, just now at a point that I'm consious of it. I heard a recording of a gig last week , where I know I have pet licks that include the high E, and I can hear it drop out....frets have been leveled and...
  6. mmrxcsr01

Lately I've noticed a drop in my high E output, across all three pups... swapped out the string saddle, no change. New nut about 6 months ago; action high enough to play slide and finger style. Thoughts? Thanks all....
  7. mmrxcsr01

Framus / L6S pup question....

Not a total surprise, Gibson doesn't have a replacement part available.....anyone else have a thought?
  8. mmrxcsr01

Framus / L6S pup question....

Decades ago I was given a Framus electric, two pups, solid covers (no exposed polepieces), potted. I was able to get a schem/ wiring diagram from Bill Lawrence....and he referenced in an article somewhere about trying this out on the L6S... three conductors and a shield from each, feeding a 6...
  9. mmrxcsr01

Repair, or replace?

Opinions, please. 1965 Jazzmaster bridge pup. What does rewinding the original pup do to the value of the guitar, (vs installing a Lollar, or some other quality replacement...), and including the original in the sale? Thanks....
  10. mmrxcsr01

What acoustic covers are going over well for you?

IF it's a listening room...."Nature's Way", "Every Time You Go Away", "A Change Is Gonna Do Me Good", "Easy Now"...."No Expectations"..."You Got The Silver"..." Don't Want To Love You Anymore"....
  11. mmrxcsr01

Any NoVA TGPers remeber Veneman's?

If I recall, Roll's was run/ owned by one Phil Bakalis (sp?) when I walked in in 1976. I spent $300 that day, and for the next year and a half, traded guitars and amps without spending another dime. Can't begin to tell you how many models of used items I went through, Phil loved to horse trade...
  12. mmrxcsr01

Always been confused about that 45 minute set deal....

I play mostly three hour gigs nowadays; I'll do, say, 8:00 to 9:30, break 15 or so, open the second set with a solo number or two, then run through until 11:00, per the owner's request. He feels a break near 10:30/11:00 gives the crowd a chance to split...so a longer first set, followed by a...
  13. mmrxcsr01

Post Your Favorite Live Blues Album(s)

The "Livestock" vocalist is Pittsburgh's own Billy Price. Look for him in years past with the Rhythm Kings, The Keystone Rhythm Band, as well as his cd with the late Otis Clay. BIG fav hereabouts, never seen a bad show. A couple of fine guitar players over the years, Keith Grimes, Glenn Pavone...
  14. mmrxcsr01

I'm not prepared to lose anyone else this year....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/eric-clapton-struggling-to-play-guitar-because-of-damage-to-his/
  15. mmrxcsr01

Open Mic electric guitar

Are you able to contact the host in advance, to see what gear he/ she/ they will have on hand? When I host an open mic, I bring two tube amps, so that if an electric player arrives, they're pretty well set....
  16. mmrxcsr01

Moderne specs?

Thanks friend, we'll see...
  17. mmrxcsr01

Moderne specs?

Anyone have a dimensional drawing for one? Or a source to point me to? TIA...
  18. mmrxcsr01

Any thoughts on a Republic Highway 61 Reso?

For what it's worth, I just picked up a used parlor sized Republic. VERY nice; on Saturday night (the day after I bought it) I emailed Frank some questions, hoping he'd answer even though it wasn't a sale from him. Not only did he answer, he answered on that Saturday night, spent a fair amount...
  19. mmrxcsr01

Mission amp 5e3 voulme mod

Bruce will provide a download of detailed instructions after you've purchased the kit. Send him an email....
  20. mmrxcsr01

EH B9 thoughts?

Again, thank you all. On a holiday to boot...I appreciate your time. I'm going to try one out at a local store (Hollowood Music) here in Pittsburgh, and I'll post about it asap....
  21. mmrxcsr01

EH B9 thoughts?

Thanks all, so it's good for all but bent notes? I get the shell chording idea, already do a lot of that...
  22. mmrxcsr01

EH B9 thoughts?

Happy Thanksgiving all....I recently found this pedal, I know it's been around for a bit, and have watched two or three video reviews. I have NOT seen much in the way of LEAD playing, only chording...does anyone have any experience with it as relates to the bending of notes, and sustain, as in...
  23. mmrxcsr01

Pickless lead guitarists in rock?

Stephen Stills....