Search results

1. 5

Gibson LP DC Standard Good?

Yep, it`s an awesome guitar. I put a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge to fill out the low mids that were lacking due to the weight relief body, and it ripped. Great guitar at a great price. Better than any LP I`ve played IMHO.
  2. 5

Noiseless: Kinman vs Suhr SSC

Yep, when someone has no excuse for their comments, and doesn`t give a reason or resourse, might as well make fun of a spelling error to CYA, LOL! Yep, I love this place too, always entertaining for sure. :rotflmao
  3. 5

Yea, but you haven`t tried it but knocked it with the "from what I`ve heard" BS, and now are trying to squirm you`re way out of it. And yes, I`ve read the user agreement, and it says nothing about putting false rumors to bed with no backup. I`m not being insulting or disrespectable, just...
  4. 5

+10 and well put Matt. Often people give off the cuff remarks, then respond with answers like "shrug". If not called out on them, these rumors then snowball and are thought of as fact. It`s a shame because not only does it hurt the builder, but also those folks who are looking for a certain...
  5. 5

duncan 59 bridge vs duncan pearly gates bridge

From the Duncan site: Bass, Middle, Treble 3,7,7 applicationHigh output humbucker for use in bright guitars. Great for pop, country, blues, classic rock and heavy rock.description The Custom CustomTM is our SH-5 Duncan CustomTM humbucker with an Alnico II magnet for warm and smooth highs, more...
  6. 5

Best Place To Purchase LP Historic

Another vote for Sal. Nice guy and best pricing. Good Luck!
  7. 5

Burstbuckers rewound by Wolfetone

Thanks Ironman, will do. And at that price, it`s really not a gamble. It`s very rare you can get something reasonably priced that you`re happy with, so I`m goin for it!
  8. 5

Yea I was talking about the stock BB`s that came in my 58RI LP, that`s why I`m trying the CC in the bridge, but I like PAF type cause of that top end bite, just the BB`s were to harsh and the CC is too fat. I`m a picky SOB too and never heard of the Marshalheads so I`m curious. Either that or...
  9. 5

Help me find a good neck on a 58 or 59 LP

I just got a new 58 plaintop from Centre City Music, and the neck is a club, just the way I like it. Similar to my 57 Jr. Some dealers will call you when they get a really big neck as a lot of folks don`t like them. Sal will do this like he did for me. Good luck, I LOVE fat necks!
  10. 5

Do they get a little more in the lower mids? I found the wound strings to have that nice craaaang sound and even liked the unwounds to have a nice sound for rythem, but the lead tone was very Tele sounding and thin unless using a mid humped OD. I`m trying a Duncan Custom Custom in it now, and...
  11. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Mr T couldn`t have said it better, LOL, and your right after playing it for a while again tonight. That`s why TGP helps us out, you can see things through other players eyes as well as your own. Thanks! :dude
  12. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

I agree with you 100%, but never having a guitar with markers like this I was just curious if this was the norm. The guitar looks and plays great and sounds top notch. For $2500 brand new from a REAL Gibson dealer, I`m extremely happy. However, if this was a defect, I would still keep the guitar...
  13. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

The markers were the only thing I thought a bit strange, as I REALLY like the playability and tone on this. However, if it is a defect, I would think that maybe I could get a few $$$ knocked off as I believe it would be a bit labor intensive to remove the clear, add the marker, and then blend in...
  14. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Thanks Guff, cause I really like the guitar and I`m anal about this stuff on a new guitar. Why don`t the Standards look like this? Do they ink them or something? Man, I`m starting to sound like a nitpicker, LOL! Man, I really love the fat neck though, feels like my 57 Jr.
  15. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

16. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

17. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

18. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

19. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Mr Hanky, can you check the board again tonight? I`m gonna run down to the store to get a battery for my camera and post some pics. I`d appreaciate your opinion on the dots as this is the 1st time I`ve seen this as well.
  20. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Got the guitar yesterday afternoon. Nice honeyburst top and the grain on the mahogany is perfect. Wasn`t sure if I`d like the burstbuckers, but a quick roll off on the tone knob put a big smile on my ugly face, LOL! Setup was great out of the box. REAL low action with no buzz. First time buying...
  21. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Thanks! I laughed my butt off when I read that. I`d change the monkier, but I`m the 59 model, that`s when I was born, LOL! Good points Mr Hanky, I`ve been buying a lot of gear from the same dealer because I can send it back if I don`t like it. Plus I`m kinda cheap and always get the best...
  22. 5

New 58RI LP ???`s

Any opinions on the new 58 Historic Les Pauls? I really wanted a new plaintop, and the 58 seemed to be the only option besides the Classic, but I didn`t want a 60`s neck. I sprung for a new 58 with a gloss finish, not the VOS, as it was a custom order from the dealer I always do business with...
  23. 5

Anyone else love their CS336?

Corey, mine could be the twin to yours. While playing on mine at band volume this morning, I got a kick out of the vibration and air coming out of the f holes when sustaining a note through my Fuchs. It goes into harmonic feedback and just blows air out like a fan, LOL! Can`t get that out of a...
  24. 5

Anyone else love their CS336?

I`ve been a LP player most of my life, and can`t believe how I`ve bonded with this guitar. The neck, the light weight, controlable feedback at volume, it`s all great! I had tried 335`s in the past, but found them too large to fit me right. This guitar fits me like a glove. And I really like the...
  25. 5

Ed Roman claims MAX is still alive making guitars

How`s Slash`s lung holdin up these days? :D