Search results

1. Stratman76

Apogee Element vs Focusrite Clarett...please chime in!

I'm not saying it wasn't fixed. I am saying it took WAY too long to fix.
  2. Stratman76

Focusrite Clarett seemed like a really good value but there was a long-running technical issue they ran into with certain models of iMac that scared me away from them. It led me to believe that their software development team was either farmed out, very thin or both! This timing/Thunderbolt...
  3. Stratman76

Ok asking in a different way

You have to understand that UAD Apollo Mk II creates/dictates a completely different workflow. Your plug-ins/effects/amp sims should be UAD plug-ins and they run through the DSP's in the Apollo. You could be better served getting Quad Mk II and a minimalist iMac. Think of the Apollo Twin Mk...
  4. Stratman76

Suhr Reactive Load into UA Apollo Duo - Overkill?

The UA Apollo device tested is not only a dated USB unit he didn't test it using the Apollo workflow which involves using the UA console app and using the Apollo built-in DSPs to run plug-in. Sorry, but no one in their right mind would use an Apollo that way which means the test is completely...
  5. Stratman76

SIX YEARS in computer technology is equivalent to 90 years! Ancient versions of Windows with ancient Windows drivers running on an ancient PC. Most of that hardware is WAY too old to be very relevant against today's technology. Where is current technology? Why aren't industry leaders like...
  6. Stratman76

I saw the Gearslutz thread you reference. It didn't carry much weight with me because it was started in June of 2011. That was right after Apple INTRODUCED Thunderbolt; it would be years later before the first Thunderbolt audio interface was even announced. Not one Apogee or UA interface is...
  7. Stratman76

I'm don't see myself ever wanting to rely on hundreds of plugins. For me, it's just a few real difference makers and I believe UA puts me in a better position for this. BTW- Scuffman S-Gear is the best amp sim I've heard outside of the UA universe.
  8. Stratman76

Even if I bought into what you write here 100% I contend that there are several high quality plug-ins that are exclusive to UA. THAT is a fundamental reason you invest in UA hardware. Software development and plug-in sales are a huge part of UA's business model. This means UA is extremely...
  9. Stratman76

RME Babyface Pro or UA Apollo Duo?

I went insane with research. To me, it came down to Apogee Element and UA Apollo MK II (I ended up with a UA Apollo Twin MKII Quad). Apogee Element actual specs better but I bought into UA workflow, exclusive plugins, software development aptitude and breadth of support resources (such as the...
  10. Stratman76

ISO Logic Pro X training resources

I've been on a similar quest. I posted this one here- Logic Pro X - What is your online educational resource of choice? https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/logic-pro-x-what-is-your-online-educational-resource-of-choice.1803302/ And this one on Gearslutz- Learning Logic Pro X –...
  11. Stratman76

So I just upgraded logic...

One of Apple's driving forces has been to make Logic an easier transition from Garageband. Look and feel are a big part of that so I can't fault Apple for making Logic look more like Garageband. With Logic Pro X, Apple has continued to deliver a more powerful and better performing product. Even...
  12. Stratman76

Newer iMac owners (Late 2015 models) please read...

We use a free app called Mactracker that very accurately provides detailed information of every Apple device ever made. I'm very interested to know where Focusrite stands on this issue today (3/17/17)
  13. Stratman76

Well, I haven't seen this to be a problem with any other major interface provider. I researched this fairly extensively. Based on what I uncovered, if I were to wager a guess, this is a compatibility issue with Focusrites' choice in a Thunderbolt chipset and a resulting compatibility issue with...
  14. Stratman76

27" iMac Model ID 17.1 is indeed the Late 2015 iMac iteration that iMac is still current/latest model. I read about this issue with Clarett and I'm surprised they haven't resolved it yet. I would look into Apogee Element or UA Apollo MkII. I went with UA Apollo Twin MkII Quad. I'm not using...
  15. Stratman76

Logic Pro X - What is your online educational resource of choice?

Hello Folks, I'm diving into Logic and hope you can chime in on your favorite online educational resource(s). Please tells us what you like about your source of choice. Is there one you tried and didn't like? And... of course books are cool, too. Here's what I've uncovered regarding- Logic...
  16. Stratman76

Operating System for Mac

Your MacBook Air has an internal SSD drive. Most Mac Mini's have to be custom configured with an SSD or Fusion drive. I suspect your Mac Mini is using a standard, spinning hard drive- THAT is the difference, not the OS. If this is true of your Mac Mini, Sierra should take its performance...
  17. Stratman76

Which Apogee device you were using is crucial here. The Apogee Element is very new. It didn't even start shipping until December 2016.
  18. Stratman76

Choosing the best studio monitors for a beginner

Now you've got me wondering if the LSR305 is so upper-mid forward that it made the LSR308 seem more subdued by comparison?
  19. Stratman76

I found too many flaws in all of these. I'm hoping that the new Mackie XR624 or XR824 work out. I'm thinking that monitors will be with you for awhile and that it makes sense to spend a little more.
  20. Stratman76

Beautiful, awesome unit. I looked at the Zen Tour but just couldn't justify $1,500 for what I'm doing.
  21. Stratman76

I've done some more auditioning... The JBL LS308 is out for me. As much as I wanted to like it, the upper mids are subdued and that could create some problems. At first I thought it might be a level issue, nope. By comparison, the JBL LS305's are more upper mid prominent, perhaps even...
  22. Stratman76

I really appreciate your posts here! UA improved the converters in the new Apollo Twin MkII series. One advantage the UA Apollo Twin presents for me is an additional set of line outs to easily support a bass DI rig, PA speakers or outboard gear (like my existing Eventide H9 Max). I now have a...
  23. Stratman76

What do you like about the Element 46 over the UA Apollo Twin Duo?
  24. Stratman76

Antelope Zen Tour looks phenomenal but it's way out of my price range. Let us know what you think when you get there. RE: Focusrite pres. I think they took a step forward with both the Clarett and the Red series. My concern about Focusrite is in their development team. That and my two...
  25. Stratman76

You are correct, I thought it was different. The big misses for me is that UA is not providing the Friedman amp collection or any of the Marshalls. I really have to think about this...I feel like UA is teasing me with plug-ins. It looks more like an interface that caters to professional...