Search results

1. presence

PRS Silver Sky "Lunar Ice" finish announced

Besides the guitar itself, this is also clever and effective marketing to get attention for the Silver Sky, PRS and Mayer. It's a home run.
  2. presence

New PRS Mark Lettieri Signature Fiore!

Nice guitar at a great price point. I think the super strat move is smart for PRS. Swamp ash special reincarnated. I like the hollow birds. On the website tuners are described as "vintage style." They look like locking tuners with vintage-style buttons. Better colors needed. The...
  3. presence

Any news on new PRS models ahead of Friday?

PRS recently put out this video chat between PRS and Mayer. PRS asked him what historical colors he wanted for the Silver Sky. John said "I love the surf colors. I love sonic blue, surf green, coral pink, shoreline gold . . . " Then he goes on to say that he wants to take colors into the...
  4. presence

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

As far as income goes, you guys need to stop lumping lawyers in with doctors and dentists. For the vast majority of them, that ended over 30 years ago. It should be doctors/dentists/plumbers/programmers.
  5. presence

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

Nice guitar. Good for Paul, his employees and his American business!
  6. presence

EVH: "Anyone who thinks SS frets changes the tone is crazy"

Watching the video I correctly guessed which one was which and I preferred the nickel. The difference to me was subtle. Maybe the nickel is just what I'm used to hearing and the stainless just sounds different. It would be awesome if they sounded the same, but they don't to these ears!
  7. presence

Rodrigo Amarente on Fender Acoustasonic

I'll get the album. Thanks for the tip!
  8. presence

Rodrigo Amarente on Fender Acoustasonic

How much cooler can you get? None more cooler. He wrote the Narcos theme song.
  9. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Zenith is hot right now. They are killing it!
  10. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Isn't it wonderful? Everything else we buy is made in the same conditions. Looking around me at my clothes, sandals, phone, computers, monitors, printer, desk, flooring...all made in China except my guitar equipment. My car was assembled in Mexico which is a basically a failed narco-state...
  11. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Wow. These guitars are comparable to the Wildwood Featherweight R9s at 1/4 the price!
  12. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Hand carved. Less than 7.9 lbs. 1-piece back. Ebony board. Lollar Imperial humbuckers. Gotoh hardware. List price is $2,300. Compare with Gibson 50's Original Collection weighing 1-2+ lbs more with inferior construction and components. Only a Gibson is good enough?
  13. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

This may be the best thing yet to come out of this debacle:
  14. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Gibson Good Guitars, Great Lawyers
  15. presence

I Got A Gold Top for Father's Day!

Call them, they might work with you.
  16. presence

Gibson Hardware VS Faber (Video Comparison) - Pretty stark difference if you ask me

I put a Faber bridge with the hybrid saddles on my ES-LP and it sounds great. By the way, my ES-LP appears to be the same as yours, the limited run tobacco burst, VOS with the fat neck.
  17. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

I don't know why they don't use regular employees and people from the factory, or at least people who have been at Gibson a long time, to do their videos. Then again, at this point, making their own product videos seems too much of a stretch for Gibson to pull off well. They should probably...
  18. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

It's not really that hard for Gibson management and employees to stay off social media and not make jack***es out of themselves. It's much more difficult to manage suppliers, mass produce guitars, ensure quality control, handle all the financing, keep employee morale high, do research and...
  19. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Interesting comments there. It seems that a fairly common denominator among Gibson fans is a fairly detailed understanding of the company's products and problems through time. Gibson should feel lucky to have such a concerned customer base.
  20. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

:p
  21. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

I'm not a intellectual property attorney, but I think the video is of dubious legal value. Actions speak louder than words. Even though the ownership has recently changed, it would be surprising if trying an IP "reset" through a youtube video for a 117-year old company and 60-year old designs...
  22. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

I love my light Les Pauls, but this video and the "Only a Gibson is Good Enough" slogan seem like weird re-education camp material where the guards are walking around in Ramones leather jackets drinking whiskey. I'll stick to my tan pants and daddy-daughter dates. Gibson's quality and price...
  23. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

Kind of like becoming a made man where you have to prove how bad you are by fitting someone with a pair of cement shoes so they can sleep with the fishes.
  24. presence

Gibson / Play Authentic

I'm reading through the comments on the original youtube video, very interesting.