Search results

1. presence

New Amp From Carr - Super Bee

What a cool amp! I'm surprised they didn't integrate an emulated cab out like they did with the Mercury V. Would've been cool...
  2. presence

Nice Rush medley! I've always loved those tones from the early albums that range from clean to overdriven, especially the cleans with a touch of overdrive like on Fly by Night. Seems like a good fit for SuperBee.
  3. presence

Less tease, less hyperbole, more demos...please.
  4. presence

New Fender Handwired Princeton - My Review

Very thorough!
  5. presence

New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

I'm not a cabinetmaker or a luthier, but pine is a semi-popular option for telecaster bodies. I'm guessing because it sounds good. Also, Fender isn't the only cabinet builder talking about pine. I think it's cool that Fender went with a nice-sounding, lightweight wood for the TM cabinets...
  6. presence

The blondes look nice and the neo creamback, reverb and bright cap upgrades are awesome. When I tried a TMDR out I wasn't crazy about all the reverb at low knob levels. Hopefully the new reverb levels are nice after the update. Kudos for Fender having someone on the thread to answer questions...
  7. presence

New Mesa Boogie amp: Fillmore 50

Guys, I need you to focus: tone is the fingers/hands...well, also in the wrists forearms elbows upper arms/shoulders, and the head/teeth/neck area, upper body, torso, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, knees, calves, ankles, feet and toe areas. That is why there is a "Fingers" subforum under "The...
  8. presence

How to keep cat from scratching speaker cabinet grills?

Has anyone mentioned amp cover or speaker cover?
  9. presence

How to keep cat from scratching speaker cabinet grills?

I would remove the grilles and drench them in the urine from another cat. Then put them back on. Boom. That should do the trick.
  10. presence

This seems reasonable. I think they'll add some different trem and reverb options too. Wild speculation.
  11. presence

New Mesa Boogie amp: Fillmore 50

I understand Mesa probably wanted the Fillmore series to come in at a relatively low price point to compete with Fender. I think the price is competitive for all these amps offer. It would be nice if Mesa did a version of the Fillmore 50 with a line out and the CabClone XLR out. Even nicer...
  12. presence

Boogie × Plexi: Two classic tones in one amp?

Rush and ZZ Top are my two favorite rock groups. I've been listening to a lot of both lately. I thought I was the only freak listening to this weird combination. I'd go with the Fillmore and the Bogner La Grange. I've got the La Grange and it is a fantastic pedal. I play it through a...
  13. presence

Suhr PT-15 - likely my next amp. Tell me about yours!

Ian Malcolm: "I'm always on the lookout for the future ex-Mrs. Malcolm."
  14. presence

The need for Tweed SDG Vintage

Steve aka SDG Vintage is the man. He built me a fantastic Princeton clone.
  15. presence

A word of caution to all you guys carrying your ToneMaster Twin Reverbs around with your pinky finger: you are running a serious risk of fracture of the distal phalanx, acute tendonitis and early-onset psoriatic arthritis.
  16. presence

Suhr Hombre introduced!

Looks sweet! Try neo creamback?
  17. presence

It seems to make sense that Fender would do a 1x10 (Princeton or tweed Champ) and/or a 4x10 next (Super or blonde Bassman). They already have a 1x12 and 2x12. I think a Vibro-King would rule, but that may be pretty far down the list. I also suspect Fender will open up the firmware to allow...
  18. presence

First ignore of the decade!
  19. presence

I played a Deluxe for a while tonight at my local GC which finally had one on the floor. I liked the tones a lot, but that's a lot of spring reverb for my tastes. Hopefully they'll eventually open up the editor to allow different reverb flavors with a more gradual sweep (along with harmonic...
  20. presence

Mesa ..anything new on the horizon

Thanks for posting that excerpt. When West says "deeper into the icons used for blues," I'm reading that as Dumble in the context that Mesa has already explored blackface and tweed.
  21. presence

I agree that 2x10 Vibroverb would be nice, or a Super.
  22. presence

185 pages and no one's mentioned solid state crystal lettuce?