Search results

1. Ayan

New Pedal Python for My Pedalboard

Over time, I started taking advantage of backline equipment when available and using more pedals, and so my rack shrunk and my pedalboard grew. My pedalboards are set up with a send/return patchbay to put time-based effects in an amp’s FX loop if so desired, but set up and tear down using the...
  2. Ayan

A Word About (and a mod for) the Boss FV-30H Volume Pedal

I recently got an FV-30H for a small board I wanted to make. I had read reviews and watched videos, and a common remark was that the taper is awkward, and that the first 20% of the travel off the heel down position doesn't seem to do anything. In spite of that, the size and weight were...
  3. Ayan

Doctor Wu (Steely Dan Tribute) Live at Rusty's Surf Ranch in Santa Monica - Saturday March 5th 2016

My Steely Dan tribute band, Doctor Wu, will be returning to Rusty's Surf Ranch to play two sets of your favorite Steely Dan music on Saturday, March 5th 2016. The show will start at 8:30 PM sharp. Rusty's Surf Ranch 256 Santa Monica Pier Santa Monica, CA 90401 (310) 393-7437...
  4. Ayan

Sold 2012 Gibson SG Standard ’61 Reissue in Great Shape ** Now $1099 OBO **

2012 Gibson SG Standard ’61 Reissue Cherry Red with Original Hard Shell Case ** SOLD ** This is a no issues, fantastic playing instrument in very fine condition and completely stock. I bought it brand new in late 2012 and have played it primarily at home. Please see the pictures below and...
  5. Ayan

Advice on Guitar Volume Pedal, Please

After about almost 30 years of using Ernie Ball volume pedals, I'm ready for something new. My list of complaints about EB has continued to grow over the years, and it's got to the point where I am ready to jettison mine. First, in addition to the inherent cumbersomeness of changing pots, it...
  6. Ayan

Sold 2001 US Made Black Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster $975 OBO

SOLD 2001 US Made Black Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster with Original Tweed Case Reduced to $975 OBO PayPal'd and Shipped in the Continental US or Local Pick up in the Los Angeles Area This is a no issues, fantastic playing guitar that has been my go-to Strat for over a decade. It has seen...
  7. Ayan

Sold ** SOLD *** Hermida Zendrive Overdrive Pedal

SOLD Price reduced to $225 PayPal'd and shipped anywhere in the continental US This is an early original Hermida-built Zendrive, from shortly after Alf had started making them. It is in very good condition, as can be seen in the pictures below, and the bottom plate still has the original feet...
  8. Ayan

"Em" Open Tuning for Jack Bruce's "Rope Ladder to the Moon"?

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this one. All I have found out is that, according to Jack Bruce, he got the open tuning from Ritchie Havens. Thanks, Gil
  9. Ayan

57/Clapton Strat Pickguards: Ugly Aging

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon as well. I have a 2001 Clapton Strat which I bought new, but in great condtion, in 2005. Not crazy about the active elctronics stuff, I bought a new pickguard, loaded it with different pickups and used it like that for five years. I put the...
  10. Ayan

62 Hot Rod Strat Truss Rod Questions

Hi, I have had a 62 HR for quite some time and, overall, I like it a lot. However, as it had a bit more relief on the neck than I prefer-- I like maybe 5/1000" or less... -- I decided to address that via a truss rod adjustment. I use a hybrid 9 set, 9-46, so it's not like I'm pushing the...
  11. Ayan

Fender Vintage Stagger PU Question

Hi, I am sure that I am not alone in complaining about the staggered height in some Fender vintage style pickups... The "G" string polepiece is super high, while the "B" string polepiece is sunken in, making it impossible to get good string-to-string volume balance using a contemporary string...
  12. Ayan

How To Make Your C-tone Less Bright

Guys, I haven never played one of these amps or even heard one live. However, knowing the amp these replicas derived their inspiration from, I offer a few ideas based upon the work I have been doing in this area for 9 years to date. I was going to reply to an existing thread, but as soon I...
  13. Ayan

Do You Think Robben Ford Typically Plays Loud on Stage?

And I mean "club loud" -- not stadium loud, since RF probably hardly does those types of gigs -- where you feel discomfort after a short while if your ears are unprotected and you stand directly in front of his speaker cabinet from say 30ft/9m away? Gil
  14. Ayan

Pro Tools Free, Anyone?

Does anyone have a copy of Pro Tools Free, which has been discontinued, that you would be willing to share with me? Thanks, please PM or email me at gil_ayan"at"yahoo.com Thanks. Gil
  15. Ayan

ODS Question for Tommy C

Tommy, in the "other ODS thread," which has now exceeded 100 pages, you mentioned in passing something which arouse my curiosity: while talking about what has been described as RF's characteristic "phasing" sound, you indicated that you had dialed that out of some amps at the owner's request...
  16. Ayan

How To Balance Pot Tapers/Treble Bleed

I just posted this at the LP Forum, and thought some here may also enjoy the read. Hope so. :) - - - I have noticed that some folks here have posted describing how the volume controls on their guitars have different a "feel" after they've upgraded the pots. More often than not, these...