Search results

1. J

Powerstage 170 or 200?

200 It has the extra eq advantages and higher wattage. I even use it for my bass rig with my FM3 and the results are pretty outstanding.
  2. J

Modeller users: FRFR or Real Cab and power amp?

I didn't love the feel of FRFR. Sonically it sounded great. I just prefer the feel of a power amp through a cab.
  3. J

how to contact mylespaulforum?

They fixed the CAPTCHA because of your message. Was able to get in and reset my password. Thanks so much for the help!
  4. J

Thank you! We’ll see if anything happens. Appreciate it.
  5. J

It says the same thing on the contact us section “You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again.” It appears there is an issue with the captcha on the forum, but I can’t figure out a way to notify them.
  6. J

Anyone know how to contact these people? I can't remember my password and the "forgot your password" link doesn't work properly. It asks you for your email address and then asks "Epiphone is owned by which company?". When you enter Gibson it says "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification...
  7. J

Seymour Duncan PowerStage 200

Thank you.
  8. J

Seymour Duncan PowerStage 200

Anyone know if this would work with 2 ohms?
  9. J

Pickups for 67 ES-335

This is what you seek. https://www.throbak.com/paf-pickups-throbak-er-custom.html
  10. J

Bogner 20th Shiva vs Bogner Ecstasy 3534..

Cool! I have an FM3 as well. I love it. I use it all the time. I do however love my tube amps through a reactive load as well.
  11. J

Bogner 20th Shiva vs Bogner Ecstasy 3534..

What did you end up going with? Any other opinions on the 3534 vs the shiva 20th? Looking to pick up one of these amps.
  12. J

Fractal FM3 - Mastodon tones

That sounds glorious. Any chance you’d be willing to share your preset?
  13. J

PIO caps vs. cheap ceramic caps

I'll add that gear is supposed to be fun. How something makes you feel can be just as important as how it sounds. People get inspired all the time by using and doing things I would never do. Stacking pedals, changing preamp tubes, strings, picks, pickups, eq pedals, reverb, delay, compression...
  14. J

Saying people are deluding themselves isn't exactly a non critical remark. Either way when I said "Try for yourself or check YouTube for examples" I was referring to anyone reading this thread, not you in particular. I did measure the caps and they were within .001uF of each other. Not exactly...
  15. J

That’s your opinion. Try for yourself or check YouTube for examples. Countless people experimenting and showing that there is a subtle difference. Whether that matters to you or not is a different story. Like I said, I’ve tried it myself. I have nothing to gain by posting my experience. In my...
  16. J

I will add that a PIO cap might NOT be what you are after with a particular guitar. But in the case of my jazzmaster, smoothed out the highs, made them less harsh. I love how people are willing to give feedback without any personal experience or experimentation. I know its pain, but the best...
  17. J

I've used PIO on my Les Pauls just because. Recently got into experimenting with my Jazzmaster. Can definitely notice a small difference, and it's a difference I like that is worth the extra $10 for a PIO cap. The highs seem smoother.
  18. J

CTS pot question

I just bought some 500k CTS pots off amazon. They are not brass shafts like I thought they were going to be but spec out at 520k and 525k. Is there any quality difference between these and the brass shaft pots?
  19. J

Great P-90’s

Fralin Arcane Righteous Sound Those are a few of my favorite P90s, but as others have said, P90s are hard to do badly.
  20. J

Jazzmaster cap and pots question?

What if I just increase the cap value? Maybe get an .047 or .1 with the 1 meg pots? Would that tame some of the brightness? Or would that just affect the high end roll off on the tone knob?
  21. J

Thanks for the response. Any opinion on caps? Orange drop or PIO?
  22. J

Thanks for the response. I have never used the rhythm circuit. Do you think I should disconnect it altogether or just leave it and try the 500k with .022? Also, any caps you’d recommend? Orange drop or PIO?