Search results

1. edwardz

Mythical Overdrive diode switch

I have a Lil Mo (small box Mythical Overdrive) with 1N34 and OA126 diodes. Can someone please tell me which switch position is which diodes? Always thought the down position was the 1N34, but now I’m not sure that’s right. Thanks!!
  2. edwardz

EarthQuaker Plumes

Been thinking about getting some kind of TS-style overdrive lately, and this one is looking interesting to me. Who has one and what do you like/dislike about it? Never owned an EQD pedal, but I probably need to since they’re made fairly close to me. Thanks!
  3. edwardz

Duane Allman octave licks on Whipping Post

Anyone know for sure what Duane was doing on the Fillmore East version of “Whipping Post” at around 4:12? Sounds like octaves to me but might be more to them. Definitely doesn’t sound like Wes Montgomery. Tab, photos or video might be helpful. Thanks!
  4. edwardz

Low to medium gain OD for blackface amps..

Looking at the Snouse BlackBox 2 and Rockett Blue Note. I've had the original versions of both and sold them. Not happy that Rockett left the hot switch off the Tour Series Blue Note. Any other suggestions? Not interested in anything TS-flavored. They're too middy and compressed for my tastes...
  5. edwardz

Fulltone OCD v 2.0

Who has one? How does it compare to previous versions? I have 1.7 and like it, but I don't love it and see how it could be improved. Just wondering what users are finding. Thanks!
  6. edwardz

50s wiring and tone capacitors

I did the 50s wiring on one of my Les Pauls and used .022 Orange Drop caps on both pickups. So far I really dig the change and these caps. I got some other value caps to try though. I see some folks recommend using a .015 cap on the neck pickup. I've also read that Derek Trucks might be using...
  7. edwardz

Thoughts on the Catalinbread Formula No. 55?

This one has been out for a while now. I'm looking for a versatile tweed-flavored pedal to run through my Vintage Sound blackface-style amps for some raunchy guitar and harmonica tones. I sold a Wampler Tweed '57 and need to replace it soon. Liked it for harp with a Shure Green Bullet mic but...
  8. edwardz

Mojo Hand Extra Special

What's the verdict on this one? I've had a couple Zendrives and other D-style drives over the years. I'm looking for something in that price, sound and feature ballpark. I've tried the Dude, Euphoria, DMBL and GS124 in addition to the Zendrive. I've also considered buying another Zendrive or a...
  9. edwardz

Sold Jim Wagner Pickups (JWP, formerly WCR) Fillmore Set humbuckers

Used Jim Wagner Pickups (JWP, formerly WCR) Fillmore Set humbuckers. Solid nickel silver plated covers on double black bobbins. Stock 2 conductor + ground wiring. Not wax potted. Approx. 3 years old. In perfect working condition. DC resistance readings are: neck 10.81 and bridge 13.34. Fat, full...
  10. edwardz

Used Jim Wagner Pickups (JWP, formerly WCR) Fillmore Set humbuckers. Solid nickel silver plated covers on double black bobbins. Stock 2 conductor + ground wiring. Not wax potted. Approx. 3 years old. In perfect working condition. DC resistance readings are: neck 10.66 and bridge 13.05 Fat, full...
  11. edwardz

Used Jim Wagner Pickups (JWP, formerly WCR) Fillmore Set humbuckers. Solid nickel silver plated covers on double black bobbins. Stock 2 conductor + ground wiring. Not wax potted. Approx. 10 years old. In perfect working condition. DC resistance readings are: neck 10.47 and bridge 13.54. Fat...
  12. edwardz

Sold J. Rockett Blue Note overdrive - LIKE NEW!

This is a like new J. Rockett Audio Designs Blue Note overdrive. It was purchased new in August 2014. This pedal has only been tested in my home. It was purchased as a backup but never used again since testing for proper operation. It is in excellent cosmetic condition (like new) and works...
  13. edwardz

Sold J. Rockett Blue Note overdrive

This is a used J. Rockett Audio Designs Blue Note overdrive. It was purchased new in July 2012. Two 1" wide Velcro strips have been removed from bottom. There are some very fine surface scratches on the top from normal use. Places where Velcro strips were applied on bottom are visible. Otherwise...
  14. edwardz

Used Jim Wagner Pickups (JWP, formerly WCR) Fillmore Set humbuckers. Solid nickel silver plated covers on double black bobbins. Stock 2 conductor + ground wiring. Not wax potted. Approx. 10 years old. In perfect working condition. DC resistance readings are: neck 10.15 and bridge 13.22. Fat...
  15. edwardz

Market for used pickups?

Thinking about trying some new pickups and selling the old ones. Is there a market for used pickups? My old pickups are WCR Fillmores. I also have some Gibson '57 Classics. I'd like to turn them into cash and wonder if I'll be able to.
  16. edwardz

"Zendrive" that cleans up better with guitar volume and works well with all types of pickups?

I've had several Zendrives over the years but always ended up selling them for two reasons.. They didn't clean up with the guitar volume control well enough to suit me. They sounded great with humbuckers and decent with Teles but not as good with Strats. I've tried the Jetter GS124, Mojo Hand...
  17. edwardz

Early Page & Beck tones with Bender pedals

I'm looking to add a Tone Bender-type pedal to my setup for early Page (LZ I) and Beck (Truth) tones. I understand that Page used a Tone Bender MK II and Beck used a Marshall Supa Fuzz. I want to stay in the range of $200 or less. I'm looking at the EQD Park Fuzz Sound, the JHS Firefly and the...
  18. edwardz

Anybody here have a Mojotone extension cabinet?

Thinking about getting a closed-back 1x12 to use with my Vintage Sound blackface combos. JUst wondered what folks think of them. Seem pretty solid to me.
  19. edwardz

Sold Demeter Tremulator NO RESERVE!

Demeter Tremulator for auction. Two years old and in excellent shape. SOLD for $125 NO RESERVE! FREE SHIPPING! (CONUS only) More pics on eBay.
  20. edwardz

Sold Monster Effects Swamp Thang temolo

Monster Effects Swamp Thang tremolo SOLD Starting price $105 Buy it now $140 FREE SHIPPING! http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252095531623
  21. edwardz

Source for effects boxes?

Just bought a pedal off the Emporium without a box. Any suggestions where to buy boxes? It's an MXR-sized pedal. Thanks!
  22. edwardz

Sold Strymon Lex

Purchased new in April 2015. Used a couple times at home. Excellent condition. Moved the serial number sticker on the bottom so it wouldn't be covered by Velcro. Includes box, adaptor, Strymon sticker and rubber feet. $235 Pay via PayPal. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the CONUS only included.
  23. edwardz

Sold Bogner Ecstasy Blue

SOLD! I purchased this pedal new in mid-May 2015 and used it for a couple rehearsals and one gig. There are some very fine surface scratches in a dime-sized area on the bottom of the pedal (I tried to photograph them, but they are barely visible). Aside from these small, fine scratches on the...
  24. edwardz

"smooth" overdrive.. Definition and examples?

I see the word "smooth" used to describe overdrive pedals posted so often that I'd almost consider it a throwaway term. What do you mean by "smooth", and what do you consider good examples of "smooth" overdrives? TS and D-style overdrives are often called "smooth". What overdrives would you...
  25. edwardz

Gibson '57 Classic pickups

I have two sets of these pickups that came in my Les Paul and SG. Over the years I've replaced them and all my humbucker pickups with WCR Fillmore sets, as I felt the '57 Classics were kind of thin sounding. The Fillmores have a deep, full-throated sound with plenty of fat mids. Been thinking...