Search results

1. mmrxcsr01

String to string volume w/ Lace Gold's....

Lately I've noticed a drop in my high E output, across all three pups... swapped out the string saddle, no change. New nut about 6 months ago; action high enough to play slide and finger style. Thoughts? Thanks all....
  2. mmrxcsr01

Framus / L6S pup question....

Decades ago I was given a Framus electric, two pups, solid covers (no exposed polepieces), potted. I was able to get a schem/ wiring diagram from Bill Lawrence....and he referenced in an article somewhere about trying this out on the L6S... three conductors and a shield from each, feeding a 6...
  3. mmrxcsr01

Repair, or replace?

Opinions, please. 1965 Jazzmaster bridge pup. What does rewinding the original pup do to the value of the guitar, (vs installing a Lollar, or some other quality replacement...), and including the original in the sale? Thanks....
  4. mmrxcsr01

I'm not prepared to lose anyone else this year....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/eric-clapton-struggling-to-play-guitar-because-of-damage-to-his/
  5. mmrxcsr01

Moderne specs?

Anyone have a dimensional drawing for one? Or a source to point me to? TIA...
  6. mmrxcsr01

EH B9 thoughts?

Happy Thanksgiving all....I recently found this pedal, I know it's been around for a bit, and have watched two or three video reviews. I have NOT seen much in the way of LEAD playing, only chording...does anyone have any experience with it as relates to the bending of notes, and sustain, as in...
  7. mmrxcsr01

So, heat...

5e3 build, a little bigger cab (5e5 pro), and after the build, the burn in. Chassis (Weber chrome, from years ago), after running 4 hours, very nearly too hot to hold your fingertips on for more than a few moments. Thoughts?
  8. mmrxcsr01

A little help from the guitar players...

"Roll Roll Roll", from the T-Birds "Butt Rockin' " lp...we tried it at rehearsal last night, and NO ONE can decide how to count it off...sorry to ask a beginner question...what do you think? TIA...
  9. mmrxcsr01

Click track help...

A friend of mine has a duo, which plays to a pre-recorded drum track. The "stick count" that precedes each song is audible to the audience through the PA, and he would prefer it was not. It's part of the recording, so he can't cut it. Does a circuit exist (that might be simply a resistor in...
  10. mmrxcsr01

Truss rod troubles...

Evening folks, a question, please...my son picked up an Indonesian- built tele, the "Designed and Backed By Fender" labeled one...used, maple neck. The neck had a bad bow, which was corrected by a truss rod adjustment. Trouble is, it holds for a few days, and then the bow is back. Bad rod? Or am...
  11. mmrxcsr01

Alembic f-2b

Thinking of building one for a friend, and it seems to get the components into a single space rack mount, Alembic used a very small power transformer and a voltage doubler arrangement. If I DON'T have a size limitation, does anyone see any reason not to use just an off the shelf P/T (with...
  12. mmrxcsr01

Ever played a show and felt...nothing?

I just had the chance to play a blues fest in Ohio, nice site, major headliners each night. A friend called and asked me to play a bit, and we wound up onstage as an opener. It really was fun, but...I walked off at the end of our set feeling like...I had missed something. Just me?
  13. mmrxcsr01

Using both output jacks...

Forgive a beginner's question, but the Yamaha emx212 board I'm using has a 1/4" and a speakon for each output bay. To use it to drive foh and monitors, I need to connect the pair of mains to one side, and the monitors to the other. The problem is that the foh cabs I have only have a single 1/4"...
  14. mmrxcsr01

Any thoughts about Eastwood guitars?

I've looked at the ads for years, just not in the GAS mode, but I picked up a used Strormbird this weekend. Non-reverse Firebird-style Basswood body, maple set neck w/ rosewood board, the pair of P90's were replaced by the previous owner with a pair of mini-humbuckers...I moved the upper strap...
  15. mmrxcsr01

A little help with Zappa, please...

I'm looking for a print ad, or promo photo, of circa 69-71 FZ &TMOI...it can be from a magazine, or whatever. If you're willing to part with it, or have a way to copy it, please drop me a line...many thanks!
  16. mmrxcsr01

SRV/MTV Riverboat show...

Just in case I missed it, has the video of the Fab T-Birds opening for SRV on one of the New Orleans's riverboats ever been released? I saw it when MTV released it back in the day, but is it available now? Muchos gracias....
  17. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Starting a single channel ab763 deluxe lite build this week, vmtb, no t or v. Chassis is an 80's Peavey keyboard amp, with the same depth/ front angle, and the length was ok with a bit cut off. Cheap, but pine, Fender cab and road case from the net. I'm thinking either a single 12", or, given...
  18. mmrxcsr01

Ovation noise...kinda...

Ovation of unknown year, VTB in the onboard . If I bear down, pick hard, the signal seems to drop, and I get a crackling, like a bad cable....thoughts? Going thru a dirext box to a PA channel...TIA.
  19. mmrxcsr01

Direct Box question...

Never had need till now, and just a general glance at a large online retailer shows pricing ranging from $19.95 to several hundreds. For a simple way to get the acoustic guitar into the PA, why the huge range in cost? Is there really a difference between a $20 di and a $100 one? I just need a...
  20. mmrxcsr01

Reverb Locking lever

Does anyone have a photo, or drawing, of the lever used to lock the springs in Fender's outboard reverb? Many thanks-
  21. mmrxcsr01

Nighthawks-

Anyone remember Glen Pavone (rip) and his spouse Jill arriving in Pittsburgh (to join Billy Price's band ) in the midst of a Nighthawk's show? Maybe the Evergreen HoteL? Saw the show- still miss the lineup...
  22. mmrxcsr01

Ampeg reverbrocket 2

As put forth in another thread, opinions/preferences of models, given the 7591 finals, and why? Many thanks-
  23. mmrxcsr01

Les Paul Headstock Repair Advice-

Good morning all- my son was given an 80's Les Paul, which, at one time, had the headstock broken off. Worse, the previous owner tried to repair it himself, using what he says was an epoxy. The headstock is literally being held on by the binding at this point. He has asked everyone in our area...
  24. mmrxcsr01

"Pawn Stars" guitars...

When Rick is interviewed "backstage", there's a red strat-style guitar, with a blue guitar behind it. Anyone recognize the blue one? Tia...
  25. mmrxcsr01

Re-capping a Silver face Twin...

...and I'm having trouble finding filter caps. The usual sources have the usual brands, rated at 500 vdc, but the original are 525, and with the higher wall voltages today, I'm a little concerned. So, what are you using, and where are you buying them? Thanks-