Search results

1. jay76

Who owns a Dr Z Jetta?

I tried lots of speakers in my Cure and settled on a WGS ET-90. it's just perfect for that amp.
  2. jay76

Dr Z Cure right for my needs?

I bet you are chompin at the bit to try it! Interested to know what you think of it.
  3. jay76

Has it arrived yet??
  4. jay76

Dr. Z Cure - who's rockin' one?

Interesting thanks for the reply. Glad you found your amp! The reason I asked is that I thought the same as you abt the harshness. I put a wgs et90 in the Cure and it sorted it right out.
  5. jay76

Dr. Z Cure - who's rockin' one?

What did you do in the end?
  6. jay76

Does Every Good Guitarist own a Strat?

I have strats for all occasions; 1. S/S/S (The bridge pup has a metal base like Tele pups) 2. S/S/H The H is a PAF - Fender spaced by Radioshop 3. Billy Corgan strat - These single coil sized buckers sound more open than normal buckers and less compressed. Really great pups and just a great...
  7. jay76

Have a look at Blackstar Artist amps for great boutique tone pedal platforms. You get a lot for your money with them.
  8. jay76

Has anyone seen these new Larry Carlton signature Sire guitars?

I am super keen to get hold of a 'Gibson'ish' scale S type axe. I have a few strats and 2 Les Pauls. I prefer strats overall for my style of playing. but.. man can I rip on my Les paul's. I find the shorter scale easier with my medium length fingers and i am more accurate because of it. I...
  9. jay76

Has anyone seen these new Larry Carlton signature Sire guitars?

Music Man are bringing out a 24 3/4 budget/mid prices S type guitar too this year. Go to 14:38
  10. jay76

New Dr Z - the Jetta (?)

Well there you go.. the UK will have to wait unfortunately. it's OK though as I recently picked up a SV20C for £600 new and it is sublime! :)
  11. jay76

What's your favorite fender and plexi in one box amp?

Marshall SV20 IMO a 'better' clean that a fender and 1959 Plexi tones - all tones avail from your vol knob with out touching the amp. Amazing amp.. it really is.
  12. jay76

Marshall SV20C (Studio vintage combo)

Hi all, Has anyone got one of the Studio Vintage combos with the 10" V-Type? I have seen a few posts on the head but haven't found any feedback on the forum re the combo. That guy from Premier Guitar seemed to like the one he was demo'ing a lot. I am wanting the combo rather than the head...
  13. jay76

New Dr Z - the Jetta (?)

Wow, Peach in the UK are selling the Jetta for £1500! Christ what a rip off (due to the fact they are £1100 in the USA). I will be waiting until other shops stock them as I imagine most other people will in the UK. Dammed shame only Peach seem to have these at the moment.
  14. jay76

TS variants for a shootout

My favorite hands down is my Keeley TS9DX Flexi. It covers everything from TS9/808 up to hard rock, essentially 8 pedals in one. You see a few up for sale second hand here and there. Honestly the best pedal I have ever bought and it will never leave my pedal board.
  15. jay76

Fender BJ / 6p14p-EV Gold Grid EL84's

I would like to try these in my Junior as I have had them lying around for a while. Currently I have Groove Tube (4's) Can I just swap them out or do I need to take the amp to a tech to get it re biased? Thanks
  16. jay76

Alternatives to the 000-15?

I would recommend trying a 0015 too. Personally I chose the 00 over the 000.
  17. jay76

PRS SE custom 24 with Bare knuckle Rebel Yell's..

LOL well someone is having a case of Monday blues ;)
  18. jay76

Thought it might be of interest..
  19. jay76

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRS-SE-Cus...item460c37e523
  20. jay76

why the negativity towards ladder bracing?

Alot of people (who dont play the old fingestyle dirty blues) think that ladder bracing is inferior to X bracing (tone-wise). Its simply not the case. If you want to create an authentic blues fingerpicking sound, you NEED a ladder braced guitar. I have 2 LG1's and they are my go to guitars for...
  21. jay76

Martin 000 15m Tell Me What You think

My 0015M is a lovely guitar, being all hog it will only get better with age too. It sounded great when it was new, but after a week of primevibe seasoning I now find it hard to put it down. Its loud, punchy, sweet and articulate. Darker than a spruce top equivelant. Great for playing blues...
  22. jay76

Parlor-Tanglewood?

I have a TW73VS and it has a lovely tone. I posted a quick vid for a mate a while back as I installed rosewood pins which enhanced the tone further. do a search on you tube for 'rosewood pins' to get an idea of the tone. mine cost me £600 which is good for all solid wood and maple detailing.
  23. jay76

Your Favorite PRS TODAY!

I have to say +1 to Shellby's post. I feel the exact same way about my 2001 PRS CU24 its just incredible. My LP and strats just feel like one trick ponies in comparison. I even get an acoustic vibe when using the split coils out of phase poistion '2' that gets me beating down on the strings like...
  24. jay76

Rocker 30 or Dual Terror

Rocker's are going up in price every day so you wont loose out by buying one. They are probably the most favoured amp over at the Orange forum too. I managed to pick mine up used for £350 a year back