Search results

1. iama

New Fulltone OCD, v 2.0. The BRAND new one.

I love the V2. I had a 1.4. Loved that a lot. Bought the V2. Definately has tons of volume. Very robust by comparison. My nephew bought one after I told him my impressions and he bought one. Loves it, says it's a game changer. Highly recommended.
  2. iama

Best Mini or Micro OD

Suhr Riot Mini. Love it. The Donner Morpher is a great clone of the Riot, just barely different enough to recommend without guilt. Pretty close I'll buy a clone and if I like it, I'll buy the original, like the Riot. Usually better note definition and clarity, less mud. Plus you gotta give...
  3. iama

Fulltone OCD..I don't get it.

I tried the OCD when it came out, amid all the hype, and was completely underwhelmed. I didn't get what the appeal was, it was pretty ho hum. Like a car with low horsepower. What's the fuss? The last couple of years, I've noticed a couple of friends were using them and they sounded pretty good...
  4. iama

Favorite Cheap Clone of Clones?

The Eno Trouble pedal. Sounds great. I bought it cheap and learned it was a clone of an OCD. It's perfect as a low gain boost with my Hot Rod Deluxe. With the Marshall, less so. Oddly, when the OCD first came out, I didn't like it. Go figure. I'll check out the latest version next time I'm at...
  5. iama

NPD: Nux Roctary

After looking for a good sounding Leslie simm, I got the Roctary. It seemed any of the better ones were pretty expensive and the lower cost ones just didn't do it for me. Some were awful. The YouTube demos sounded great. I went to GC to try a used one but it didn't work. I ordered on from...
  6. iama

Buffer question:

I believe all are true bypass.
  7. iama

Buffer question:

Finally. You'd think I was new... Thanks for the help. My working man's, meat and potatoes board. Will a buffer help this rig? wah - polytune - roctary - trouble - riot - micro chorus - carbon copy - flashback - Vibratrem - HOF
  8. iama

Buffer question:

Having no luck with Photobucket! Any recommendations?
  9. iama

Buffer question:

Oops, here's my board: [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  10. iama

Buffer question:

Hi, here's a question. I'm thinking of getting a stand alone buffer for my pedal board. I don't even know if I need one but the arguments are pretty compelling. If I have a buffered pedal, ala Boss, would that cover the buffer issue? Would I need more than that? Am I just looking to spend $...
  11. iama

Every Leslie/Rotary Pedal on the Market?

It does indeed. My bass player heard about a minute of the roctary and decided to buy one and lose his EHX pedal. Apparently it sounds great, which is nice to hear when you buy blind. I like it a lot, I think it sounds great, still breaking it i but it sounds great. Lots of inspiration waiting!
  12. iama

Every Leslie/Rotary Pedal on the Market?

+1 for the Roctary. Just got it and it sounds great. Inexpensive.. Can't wait for rehearsal.
  13. iama

Ever re-visited a pedal and changed your mind about it??

Somehow, and I can't explain, I've bought the Fab Chorus three times! Sometimes, I'll move a knob and think "Holy s--t, that sounds amazing". Other times, meh.
  14. iama

Mini Pedals

+1 on the Rowin Trelicopter. Useless. Returned it same day. Wish I felt the same on the Mosky Spring Reverb. Meh. Sold it.
  15. iama

Cheap tremolo pedal, but choppier than the Trelicopter?

I bought the Trelicopter to replace my Marshall VibraTrem. No dice. It didn't compare. Hoping to find a Mini that's as good as the Marshall.
  16. iama

Winner! The Suhr Riot Mini

Other than turning the volume knob down, I didn't use it for medium gain. I wouldn't take a Porsche to do the laundry! For medium-low gain, I use the Eno Trouble mini pedal. $24 delivered. An OCD clone that sounds superb. Oddly, I didn't care for the OCD when I tried it in the store.
  17. iama

Winner! The Suhr Riot Mini

After wanting one but not looking to spend that much, I'd been using the Rowin Morpher, a supposed Riot clone. Doesn't sound bad at all. I still had the itch for the Riot. Bought a used one on EBay, but there was something wrong with it. Returned, but now I really wanted the Riot. Went to...
  18. iama

Distortion pedal? Looking?

Not him, but he must have taste!
  19. iama

Which are the absolute best sounding mini-pedals to you?

Love the Eno Trouble. Love it for low gain as well as higher gain. Superb pedal. This with the Suhr Riot Mini gets it done nicely. Oddly, didn't care for the OCD when it came out.
  20. iama

Suhr Riot Mini vs Mooer Solo

I've been using the Donner Morpher. Bought the Riot Mini. Better fidelity, lower noise. The Morpher has moved to the small board. Love the Riot mini!
  21. iama

Suhr Riot Mini - WOW

Got my Riot mini 2 days ago. Love it. Sounds amazing.
  22. iama

Distortion pedal? Looking?

I bought one and returned it same day. Wasn't as focused as I'd like. YMMV, but i realized i should just get what i really wanted. Cheap is expensive and expensive is cheap. Anyway, love the Riot mini.
  23. iama

NEW - Suhr Riot Mini

Just got mine. Tried a few clone pedals but there ain't nothin' like the real thing! Happily paid 6x's over what it replaced.
  24. iama

Xvive Golden Brownie gets reviewed

Well, sad to say I've returned my pedal. I was underwhelmed by the Golden Brownie. Just wasn't as focused as I'd like. The same afternoon I purchased a Riot Mini and that got me exactly what I wanted. YMMV.
  25. iama

Xvive Golden Brownie gets reviewed

Mine is arriving today!! Can't wait!