Search results

1. G

Alessandro English amp demo

Hi guys - here' a demo of my Alessandro English amp - Im using NOS RCA 5691 pre amp tubes and JJ EL84's - no pedals - direct into the amp - PRS 245 guitar , Vox 2x12 - Celestion blue speakers
  2. G

Alessandro Rhodesian or American Coonhound

I'm sure he does - its best to go to his website and email him with the same question and see what he says
  3. G

Alessandro English Youtube Demo

4. G

Holy Crap I just fired up my new Bludotone

Totally awesome tone - I'm blown away !!
  5. G

Alessandro Black 'n Tan Arrives!!

I've never tried it but im almost certain it cant be done - I''ll ask George about that though
  6. G

Great sounding amp - quite similar to my bluetick actually - I love it ! if you've played a bluetick - can u describe any differences ?
  7. G

cool - i got your message - look forward to hearing some clips of the BnT -
  8. G

I'm dying to hear/see clips or vids of the BnT -
  9. G

The Amp You'll Never Sell

I have three amps the I LOVE - Alessandro English , alessandro Bluetick and my marshall Slash sig head
  10. G

EVM-12L with a JCM800/Jubilee??

I have a slash 2555 head and i have 2 EVM 12L's from the early 90's - the amp sounds really rich and balanced with these speakers but it's almost " too smooth " - although it sounds great i prefer this head with 4 25 Watt greenbacks - they are very distinctive! take a listen to the clips in my...
  11. G

Red Iron T Rex...

are you using the RCA 6SL7 or the RCA 5691's in your amp?
  12. G

I think my next amp will be an Alessandro: Need some owner's guidance please

it's possible - I heard the BnT cleans are to die for - BUT - I'm still waiting for clips!
  13. G

if i were you - I would seriously look at the Black n Tan - it's only 15 watts and with a muzzle can easily be a " loudish " bedroom amp - with an ultimat attenuator ( $500 +/1 ) you got a killer anything rig. the BnT is a kinda mystery alessandro amp as to date I've not heard a single clip - it...
  14. G

how much gain do you need to get for a " blues " tone ? not sure what you need but if you listen to my clips and the video in my signature you'll hear exactly what this amp sounds like Without Any Pedals - for me that's more than enough gain for almost anything - except heavy metal. i can tell...
  15. G

The "bullet" youtube clip sounds very like my English - I cant be sure but I can tell you that by looking at his volume knob on the amp , his gain is really low - if you listen to my clips you'll see that the English can get a lot more gain - but there is an inherint lack of midrange punch to...
  16. G

I haven't played either the Beagle or the Plott but from my experience with the Bluetick i would have to say that it sounds like the plott will get you closer to that kinda sound - the English has a much more refined OD it's much finer grained for use of a better word The bluetick is thicker...
  17. G

my bluetick has 4 EL34's at the moment - i tried 6V6's but I prefer the EL34's - it definitely has more meat than the english but don't say I haven't warned you - the English has " The best cleans " I've ever experienced yet!!! The bluetick is kinda better for soloing but I don't really care...
  18. G

hi adam - you're 90% right but NB my amp has changed since you last heard it - i have to agree that i tend to avoid diming the amp and guitar as it gets too compressed but I'm sure that you have to agree that overall the clean sounds and the semi dirty sounds are unique to this amp.
  19. G

Hi - I have an Alessandro English and a Bluetick - if I were to start all over again I would definitely go for the Beagle 10 watts is plenty. - also I prefer the cleans of EL84's compared to 6V6's - the only thing 6V6's have going for them is that they definitely have a thicker lead tone - but...
  20. G

Amp instantly shuts off

cool - just trying to help out.
  21. G

Amp instantly shuts off

the Marshall 1974x actually DOES have a tube rectifier At the very heart of its simple, but effective, two channel design can be found six valves: three ECC83s in the preamp, an EZ81 rectifier and a pair of cathode biased EL84s in the power stage. the tube rectifier could be the problem...
  22. G

Red Iron T Rex...

AWESOME CLIPS - GREAT amp!!!!
  23. G

Red Iron T Rex...

I'm hoping that you " Lucky " people with T-Rex and bronx amps will start posting clips