Search results

1. Bobbofallenstar

Double Gig Bag For Acoustic and Electric?

I hear ya on the hard case thing - my experience has been when traveling domestically, use the best most expensive hard case you can find because they will make you check it. When going overseas to Europe I use a Reunion Blues or Mono bag because I can bring it on the plane and it's easy to...
  2. Bobbofallenstar

Double Gig Bag For Acoustic and Electric?

http://monocreators.com/dual-acoustic-electric/
  3. Bobbofallenstar

What is your favorite iconic artist's guitar?

Joe Strummer Paul Westerberg Kathleen Edwards (with both her Gibsons) Dave Grohl The Edge Bonnie Raitt Some guy from Jersey Marty Willson-Piper
  4. Bobbofallenstar

Mandoguitar Owners?

Hey Mandoguitar owners! I'm having some issues with mine and I was wondering if anyone else had one of these and what-not. Here's my Phantom Mandoguitar I first tried an electric 12 string set but because of the 6 shared saddles - tuning was impossible. So I tried two sets of...
  5. Bobbofallenstar

P-90 Help. I know there's a million of them!

Some excellent advice. Thank you everyone! I have some homework to do now. Wolftone, Lollar, Fralin seem to be the winners.
  6. Bobbofallenstar

P-90 Help. I know there's a million of them!

I tried going through the forums and finding what I needed about P-90's but couldn't. I know there's at least 200 different companies making P-90's right now. I don't care about humbucking. I don't care who makes it. I have had one custom made and I specified underwound, alnico...
  7. Bobbofallenstar

Rank Your Guitars in Order of How Much You Play Them

I have a tele that I made with ash body, allparts neck, sd alnico II neck pup, GFS Dream 180 bridge pickup and has become my go-to guitar. It's ugly as hell but feels and sounds great. Acoustic wise - my Gibson J-30 smokes most acoustics I hear.
  8. Bobbofallenstar

You won the lottery...5 guitars...

Gretsch White or Black Falcon Gibson Les Paul Deluxe w/ Bigsby Rickenbacker 1997 model, black w/ f-hole Gibson J-200 w/ mahogany back & sides Martin D-21 or D-18
  9. Bobbofallenstar

The 10 essential guitars collection?

Telecaster Rickenbacker 12 string Gretsch Tennessee Rose Gibson J-45 Stratocaster Les Paul Jr or Special Les Paul Deluxe or Standard Pedal or Lap Steel Mandolin or Mandoguitar Second Telecaster for when you break a string Got them all except the Les Pauls - stolen.
  10. Bobbofallenstar

Relic Guitars, can we make it believable? And why no relic acoustics?

I learned some things from starting this. 1) Mostly that it's been argued to death already. 2) And my little self righteous grievance is just that. Oh, and that I would really love to see the "Relic Acoustic Troubadour Kit"(pat pend) come to life.
  11. Bobbofallenstar

Post a picture of your favorite guitar!

Gibson J-30 Thanks!
  12. Bobbofallenstar

Relic Guitars, can we make it believable? And why no relic acoustics?

This rant starts at a show I saw the other day where the bass player was playing a bass that he had relic'd. He liked the way it looked (which I guess is the only reason to do it) but all the relic'ing was nowhere near where he played it. He played right by the pickup on the p-bass and the...
  13. Bobbofallenstar

Post a picture of your favorite guitar!

Been around the world and was new when I got it.
  14. Bobbofallenstar

Mini Humbuckers in a Telecaster?

Pretty, pretty!!
  15. Bobbofallenstar

That's beautiful. Would love to hear it.
  16. Bobbofallenstar

THAT is exactly what I want to do!!
  17. Bobbofallenstar

So I'm thinking of putting a pair of mini humbuckers in my tele. Wondering if anyone else has ever done it. I've had a mini in the neck but never the bridge. I'm thinking I can get one of those humbucker tele bridges and, I don't know - put some tape over the open sides of the mini...
  18. Bobbofallenstar

Rocking out on a 12-string?

MWP is the reason I play a Ric 12 string. He's also the reason I play it as hard as I do. I solo on mine and it sounds huge. The toaster tops are a tricky beast with overdrive. I also made a 12 string telecaster that sounds gigantic when soloing. I've never done metal with it but I have...
  19. Bobbofallenstar

Post a pic of your #1 guitar!

Here's my #1. It even has the number 1 on it! Made from 2 other teles to make this one. It's been #1 since about 1998. at rest: at play:
  20. Bobbofallenstar

Show me your Gretsch guitar please?

1998 Tennessee Rose. (plus fancy snappy shirt)
  21. Bobbofallenstar

If You Could Buy Any New Guitar Right Now, It Would Be...

Hmmm, still can't think of one I want at the moment.
  22. Bobbofallenstar

What guitars did you gig with this weekend?

Gibson J-30 acoustic Kalamazoo mandolin Takamine EF-381 12 string rouge square neck dobro Eastwood mandocaster Harmony roy smeck lap steel Sho-Bud pro 1 pedal steel Homemade Telecaster (bardens & bigsby) I think that's all I used last weekend.