Search results

1. K

The Dark Truth of working for major Production Shows - Backing Tracks

They were using canned backing vocals when i saw them.
  2. K

What’s the Deal With Austin City Limits These Days?

Selling tickets? When most of those bands come to town they play the smallest clubs around.
  3. K

Experience Hendrix -Letdown

Went to the show last night, had a blast. Everyone played well, even Zakk's bit was fun. Satriani and crew just destroyed. The naysaying, tan pants, blues junior playing old farts really need to get a clue.
  4. K

Jimi's secret Strat wiring?

Hendrix was a Fender endorsee. Both Lemmy and one of his other roadies are on record saying that he received dozens of Strats at a time from Fender. He also owned around 100 Marshall tops during his lifetime. The secret to his tone is his hands and 110 decibels.
  5. K

A guy I sub for (apparently) won't sub for me.....

I got a call early last week to sub in a previous band,as they were firing their guitarist. Told me they'd call me Monday with a date for practice. They never called, not responding to my texts. I get it if they decide to keep the guy, but not calling is totally unprofessional.
  6. K

Has Roth & EVH Parted Ways?

Dave's been back in the band a long time now, and their albums and tours have done very well. Don't believe the hype.
  7. K

My 19 yr old son doesn't like Steely Dan....

Smart kid. Steely Dans almost as overrated as the Grateful Dead.
  8. K

Saw VH w/Kenny Wayne last night.

Saw them in charlotte. They were great, and dave was much better than when I saw them in 2012. I agree about the mix. It was awful.
  9. K

The Aristocrats last night...

No pickguard. Plain maple top and reddish top. He played with a lot of clean tones this time around. I stayed after and got my cd signed, but I was over my beer limit. Bryan Beller looked at me like I was crazypants.
  10. K

The Aristocrats last night...

Amazing. Second time watching them and they were great. For those curious, Guthrie was using 2 Charvels and a Victory amp with 2x12. The only thing I could see on the floor was a Fractal unit, no pedalboard. :D
  11. K

Chilling in Myrtle Beach, SC - any music?

Rockburgers, purple gator, attic... Oh wait, that was twenty years ago.
  12. K

DJ Ashba Quits G N R- Does Anyone Care?

Yup. Too much money on the table to pass up...
  13. K

New Steven Tyler video.

Did he change his name to Caitlyn?
  14. K

Dream Theater: Last few studio albums?

First one with mangini was pretty good, don't care as much for the last one.
  15. K

Listening to Helmet's "Aftertaste" album..

I saw those guys a couple months ago. Great show. They should be much bigger than they are.
  16. K

Gig in an auditorium with no amp miking/PA/monitors... Best config?

Rent a pa and pay a soundguy. I'd rather lose money on a gig than put on an unprofessional performance.
  17. K

Jimi Hendrix's 1964 Strat Disappoints on the Auction Block

Lemmy was a roadie for jimi and has stated the same thing.
  18. K

Merged Van Halen Super Thread...post here. STOP WITH THE OTHER THREADS ALREADY

Yup. I think the album with wolf was better than the last 4 with mike. His youth gives the band a kick in the pants.
  19. K

Scott Henderson and VERTEX

You have the right to support and thank whoever you want to, and I have the right not to spend my money on Vertex's products or your albums (which now I certainly will not).
  20. K

Any decent music stores around the Charlotte, NC area?

Coleman music in china grove sometims has great stuff. Music usa and griffin guitars, both in salisbury, are pretty cool, too.
  21. K

The Grammys.....who do you want to see?

all of the above, cept ac/dc, mccartney, yoakam, and tony bennett. The rest are a bunch of lip-syncing poopstains.
  22. K

Why doesn't Buckethead get any love here?

Me too. I cant take bands like kiss or slipnot seriously, either.
  23. K

MEGADETH gear + more auction

Endgame and 13 were actually pretty good.
  24. K

EXODUS - Collateral Damage

There was never a big 4. There was a big 3: Metallica, Megadeth, and Exodus.