Search results

1. S

D'Pergo vs. Lentz vs. DeTemple T-style

I've owned a lot of guitars but nothing like my D'Pergo Bakersfield. My main axe is a 1964 Strat that rips but I can do things on the D'Pergo I cannot do on my Strat. The neck is so fast and comfortable that it inspires new levels while performing and it sounds incredible. When getting into...
  2. S

D'Pergo from Donnie B

Just picked up a killer D'Pergo from Donnie B and what a great guitar! I've never played anything quite like a D'Pergo plus Don did a great job shipping, describing and following up, he's now in my list of best sellers!:aok
  3. S

Grosh Set Neck Hollowbody vs. Gibson335 356 Johnny a

Great point, I've played most of these guitars and the 335 does have its own sound.
  4. S

Wow, thank you so much. Now that is the brotherhood of the axe in action. You're tops, Sam
  5. S

okay I checked them out, wow. That is a true continder and I think I'm leaning that way after talking to Chuck and a few other people. :jo :confused: :NUTS :dude So many emothions
  6. S

Man, that is one nice lookin' guitar. But, I think I'm going with the JA because of the resale value and rave reviews. Thanks
  7. S

Hey Ken, That is the guitar I was looking at and the reason for all the questions. Your take on the Johnny A makes a lot of scence to me about starting there. Do you have any more information about the Set Neck that is at the Botique guitar exchange? peace, Sam
  8. S

I still have a gold top Morgaine, that got my attention. It sounds like a LP. I agree with you about the Grosh and the resale, they don't seem to hold it and that is a concern. Do you know when they are going to release the new Johnny A ? and thank you so much.
  9. S

I have been looking at a Grosh set neck hollowbody but I've never played one. I've been looking at Gibson 336, 356 and Johnny A. I've never played or heard the Grosh HBSN or the Johnny A but have played the 336 and 356. I know the 336 and 356 need some setup work and maybe a change of pups but...
  10. S

'54 Strat (Ash/Maple) - Who Makes The Best ?

Hey Tom, Yes, I did get the Steling and it is quite a different amp, just beautiful sounding. I also received my new Morgaine Beauty and wooooo mammy, this guy can build like no one I know, he is just in another league when it comes to LP's. I picked it up from Uwe in LA last week...
  11. S

'54 Strat (Ash/Maple) - Who Makes The Best ?

I play a Morgain Strat, built by German master luthier Jorg Tandler. I have Suhr, Tyler, Grosh and the Morgain is the best guitar out of the bunch. With that being said, I have had the pleasure of playing some of the Fenders masterbuilt by John Cruz and they are a great guitar, not cheap but...