Search results

1. T

Ivy league V front?

A friend of mine has one. Impossible to get a bad sound with this amp.
  2. T

Once set, do you ever mess with your amp's EQ?

My amp (Matchless Spitfire) has tone, volume and master only so it's usually "set and forget".
  3. T

15 watt club !!

Fender ProJr & Matchless Spitfire here. All the volume I need.
  4. T

List all of your current amps...

Fender ProJr Ceriatone 18watt head + THD 2x12 cab Matchless Spitfire 1x12
  5. T

What is The Coolest Boutique Amp Ever!?

I agree:-)
  6. T

Bright matchless amp

Yes, my Spitfire is bright as well below 10 o'clock. Just turn up the volume and be happy :-)
  7. T

Blues Jr. vs. Pro Jr.

The Blues Jr is more versatile but the Pro Jr (to me) is the one that's got 'it'.
  8. T

The 'I have more than 3 amps' thread...

1. Holland Little Jimi 1x12 2. Dr Z Z28 head 3. Ceriatone 18Watt clone (head) 4. Fender Pro Junior 5. Vox Bass-amp
  9. T

Marshall releases Paul Weller signature amp

The RAF-logo is also used by clothing brand Benny Sherman, which is a popular brand in the Mod-scene.
  10. T

One Amp. One Axe. One Pedal.

Currently: Gibson R4 Holland Lil' Jimi Hotcake
  11. T

What was the worst sounding tube amp you ever owned?

As far as I know this is just a regular Blues Junior in a Custom Shop cab and .......an entirely different price tag :-)
  12. T

Help me compile a list over top european amps!

I played one of those at Haar Guitars. That amp was so punchy, it was almost scary :messedup. Great amp.
  13. T

Angus from Z28

Yes, in a certain way; both amps run on 6V6 tubes. Soundwise they arev very different amps. The Z sounds much tighter and has that growl when pushing it.
  14. T

Angus from Z28

No problem. Angus actually doesn't use that much drive: "It is. The amp is set very clean. A lot of people who have picked up my guitar and tried it through my amp have been shocked at how clean it is. They think it’s a very small sound when they play it and wonder how it sounds so much...
  15. T

I'm trying to work out what time it is in....

I think you'll have to dial an international code first. In my country this is 00 but it might be different in Australia. Maybe you can check with your phonecompany ?
  16. T

I'm trying to work out what time it is in....

Yes, IN stands for Indiana. Are you in Europe by the way ?
  17. T

Holland amps. Opinions?

That cowboy-tolex looks great on that amp.
  18. T

Holland amps. Opinions?

Great amps ! What controls are on that head ?
  19. T

Holland amps. Opinions?

Seems that the domainname is still registered. http://www.hollandamps.com/ I wonder if the company will be back in business.
  20. T

Holland amps. Opinions?

I've got a Holland Little Jimi, 50 watt version with 5881 tubes. The sound is BF with some Vox thrown in. Takes pedals really well.
  21. T

Amps without reverbs

A DM2 is a great delay; it has none of the DD3 brittleness. (I've got both)
  22. T

Ceriatone DC30 clone

I'm interested in one as well. I've got one of his 18watt-clones; great amp and great workmanship.
  23. T

Ceriatone 50 watt plexi???

I've got his 18w amp. Build quality is excellent and so is the sound. I consider to buy his Lightning or DC30 as well. Anyone tried those ?