Search results

1. D

Always-on Compressor folks...please chime in

Diamond, surf green, first in chain, always on.
  2. D

Recommended Pedalboards...

Thanks all! I'll get to looking through those links...
  3. D

Anyone else have pedalboard recommendations?
  4. D

Perfect...thanks! I just found those as well. The Island Cases are about $150. You're saying you've found them to be of good quality over time, then?
  5. D

Oh, nice. I'll look for those. Thanks. If you find a link, PM or e-mail me, if you don't mind.
  6. D

Hello all, I'm in the market for a larger pedalboard. The one I was using was a home-made one that fits neatly in a case. Here's a pic: IIRC it's about 11" deep and about 20" inches wide....but regardless, I'm going to need something bigger with the new pedals I've acquired. I'm...
  7. D

Judge people based on their pedalboard! (II)

Oh this is good...now I have to put my old pedalboard on here and play along...
  8. D

NPD: Xotic SL Drive

Agreed! Wow. But, I totally understand what he's saying, and I'm glad he's being honest about it.
  9. D

What pedal(s) for an Angus/Malcolm Young-ish tone with a Germino Classic 45?

Thanks, dewman. Agreed on the EL34s in the Classic 45. It sounds great. I do still need to put 12's on my Gretsch...maybe I'll do that when I'm off work tomorrow. Do you really think TV Jones are that much better than the stock Gretsch Filtertrons? I've been on the fence about swapping them...
  10. D

Yeah, I'd read up on that, and have e-mailed SoloDallas about the pedal. Maybe there are other, more common pedals that would add that Schaffer-Vega Diversity deal?
  11. D

Yeah, that's the truth...and I know that, but figure I might be able to get a bit closer. Good suggestions, all. In an attempt to help my cause I'm running a pair of Heritage G12Ms in a closed back cab, and the lower efficiency of the speakers does allow me to get the amp cranked up a bit...
  12. D

Yeah, you know, I built an Airbrake clone a while back, and it was okay, but not as good as I'd hoped. I figure it's one of those things where you'll end up buying some $600 quality attenuator to really get the amp sounding proper when cranked at high attenuation. Kinda is that way with that...
  13. D

As the video progresses the tone gets thicker and the gain gets bumped up more and more. It's all good, really. It's the clean/overdrive stuff where it's hardest to fake with a pedal, and hardest to do with an amp that's not cranked. That's where I want to be.
  14. D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzfR9Oe39w That video, towards the end, is getting close to what I'm thinking. Perhaps what I'm really needing is a clean boost pedal. Something full and transparent with a touch of thickening grit? Something MOSFET?
  15. D

You know, you bring up an interesting point. An Attenuator. That's a whole other thread, but perhaps that's the way I should go. I mean, I KNOW the AC/DC tone is found in a cranked amp, so perhaps an attenuator would be wiser. I just figured there might be a pedal that'd get me close...
  16. D

Agreed. I'm running the gain at about 11 o'clock, bass and treble all the way clockwise (flat eq...), and the volume at about 1 o'clock. Seems to be the "sweet spot" for my needs.
  17. D

Already got one. The Germino is superior to all but the best vintage Marshalls, IMHO.
  18. D

This. I can crank the amp and it ain't *loud*, but it's too loud for 1) my overall hearing on a constant basis, 2) for the peace of my household (at least when someone's home...:) ), and 3) for using the amp when I play out. So yes, I'm looking for a way to get closer at more reasonable...
  19. D

I know, I know, there are many "eras" to AC/DC's tone, but you all know what I mean...that low-ish gain, full sounding, rich, clean-distortion thing, but at a controllable volume. I'm running a Germino Classic 45 head into a closed back 2x12 with Heritage G12Ms, and have been using a Tim...
  20. D

What gear did you re-buy?

Tim (x2) Top Hat Emplexador 50 head and 2x12 (x2) Semi-hollow guitars (x2) Voodoo Lab Tremolo (x2)
  21. D

WCR pickups.....yikes...so good....

Just received my first WCR yesterday (thanks Sergio!) and put it in my SG. It is a 10.1k Godwood bridge pickup with an aged cover. I played it through my 6G2 Princeton and was very impressed with it....balanced, is what I'd call it. Just the right amount of mids, lows, and airy harmonics...
  22. D

Pickups and pots for a Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean?

Very cool. That's good to know.....that the same pickups in a semi-hollow would be "weaker" than in a solidbody. In reality, I'm a huge fan of Malcolm Young's tone...so I'm considering putting a TV Jones of some sort in the bridge BUT keeping a humbucker in the neck...maybe a Lollar low-wind...
  23. D

I found out this guitar has a 490T in the bridge position, and a 492R (rare/odd?) in the neck position. I really like the vibe of the neck/middle positions, but the bridge is a bit harsh...
  24. D

Power Trons, eh? What made you choose those over the other TV Jones options?