Search results

1. K

Synergy modular thread

Fryette amps sound nothing like a recto in the room, though. The fizz you hear can also be dialed out on a Fryette, but it never really can on the Recto. The Deliverance amp is capable of very chimey cleans, too.
  2. K

Need guidance for a power amp for Synergy rack setup

Any of the Fryettes and Mesas are great, and KSR is now building tube power amps too. I haven't seen any reviews yet, but their amps are really nice.
  3. K

Synergy modular thread

Haven't played the module, but the amp certainly can. It's more plexi, less jmp.
  4. K

Synergy modular thread

The be has more gain than a stock jcm800. It's a great circuit if you're into high gain Marshall tones.
  5. K

Synergy modular thread

Could be a preamp tube issue.
  6. K

Synergy modular thread

Friedman be or Fryette Deliverance for evh. A jose mod really doesn't sound like evh, the hbe would be a good choice for that though.
  7. K

Synergy modular thread

I'm sure covid threw a monkey wrench into everything. California manufacturing only reopened recently.
  8. K

Help an old timer build a rack please!

Synergy syn2 and 2 modules Axe effects Fryette 2/90/2 Done
  9. K

Synergy modular thread

'Insert ned beatty joke here'
  10. K

Synergy modular thread

Friedman's made that statement several times on the tone talk podcast. He's had a lot of trouble finding reliable el34s over the years.
  11. K

Synergy modular thread

The 5050 was voiced for the guys at synergy. Fryette sells a similar amp, the lxii, which is voiced to their own specs.
  12. K

Synergy modular thread

On stage with a band is where it really shines. I can hear every note and touch of the strings. Never had that with any other amp.
  13. K

Synergy modular thread

Start with both gains at 1 oclock, more mode. Back off gain I if it's too dark. The circuit loves a clean boost in front, too. I leave a rc booster on all the time.
  14. K

Synergy modular thread

The amp certainly can, Im sure the module can too.
  15. K

Synergy modular thread

The amp can do very clean, I assume the module can, too. Gain 2 off, mast volume up. Turn gain 1 off and slowly roll it up. The amp also goes from clean to dirty with the guitar volume knob better than any amp I've ever played.
  16. K

Synergy modular thread

The pittbulls all have similar preamps. The deliverance is based on the pittbull orange channel.
  17. K

Synergy modular thread

Plus they all missed how great the cleanup is with the volume knob.
  18. K

Synergy modular thread

Gain 2 is distortion, gain 1 changes the tone from voxy chime to bloated bogner. Super versatile for an amp with few controls. Nothing like a jose mod.
  19. K

The MXR Flanger/Doubler model 126

I always thought it was actual tape flanging on the album.
  20. K

Synergy modular thread

Less compression and odd order harmonics than you'd typically find in a high gain amp. Also, the eminence speakers fryette uses are very stiff in sound and feel, making the amps seem hard to play if you're used to the creaminess of more compressed amps. Using other speakers helps immensely, and...
  21. K

Synergy modular thread

Pittbull module is the Ultralead. The Deliverance amp is based on the orange channel on the Pittbull amps, but the dual gain controls make it extremely versatile. You can go from Vox chime to balanced plexi to fat Bogner type tones with one knob. The red channel on the Pittbulls has more gain...
  22. K

Synergy modular thread

Pittbull and Deliverance. Someone made a namm video with the Deliverance, it sounded outstanding. Edit: found the video
  23. K

N.R.P.D - Mesa Studio Pre

Studio 22 i think
  24. K

Synergy modular thread

I have 4 local guitar centers, they keep nothing in stock.
  25. K

Synergy modular thread

Ozzys first two albums with zakk wylde Megadeths rust in piece Most anthrax and slayer stuff