Search results

1. omfg51

Home recording -- what's the (reasonable) best room environment?

Honestly, it depends on how you like the sound of each room. I actually enjoy the somewhat echo-y sound of my living room, with my drums set up almost in the corner. It' provides a kind of a characteristic sound that's different, and I dig it. You'll probably have to try some test setups for...
  2. omfg51

Saffire Pro 24DSP?

I work at Guitar Center, and my manager is selling his Saffire Pro 24 DSP for 200 bones, and I was considering buying it. I am currently holding onto my other guitar player's interface and microphones for now, but I was looking at this specifically for recording our practices and...
  3. omfg51

Need help finding the perfect home studio setup

Also, is the Sennheiser e609 only bi-directional?
  4. omfg51

Thanks for the options, I appreciate it greatly. A lot of this sounds like a great place to start for me. I've got a Yamaha DGX 505 that I'm going to use for lots of sampling and as a controller as well. Right now my major piece is the interface. I wouldn't really mind spending the little extra...
  5. omfg51

As far as playback goes, I'm definitely set on my monitor system already, thanks to a buddy of mine. I've also received a free copy of Music Creator 6 Touch from another friend of mine. I've played with it somewhat in my spare time and it seems like it'll do everything I need it to do as far as...
  6. omfg51

Thanks, that's an excellent start, and I appreciate it. Any chance I could get some links to products for reference? I've already got a few ideas for mic and interface options, but I'd gladly accept more.
  7. omfg51

I'd like to be able to track guitar, bass, and drums, as well as vocals, and mix and master it all myself, all well enough to be able to share music with people. I'm not looking to cut a record on my own here, but I'd like to be able to produce my own music as self sufficiently as possible.
  8. omfg51

DISCLAIMER: Pretend that I'm building a home studio and starting from the ground up. Let's say I've got no prior knowledge or equipment for recording, and I'd like to leave no stone un-turned. I've recently decided after having amassed a proper arsenal of guitar, bass, and drum equipment...
  9. omfg51

New to recording, what mic to do it all?

I'm fairly new to recording equipment myself, and while I understand the process, I just don't know much about the gear involved. I'm basically looking for a mic with which I can record vocals, guitar, and bass. I'd like to be able to record my guitar LOUD. I'd like to drive my amps into gain...
  10. omfg51

I want a recording setup for Youtube demos and such

Anybody got something for me to chew on?
  11. omfg51

I want a recording setup for Youtube demos and such

Right now, what I really need, is a good setup I can use to put bits on Youtube. Just some good gear demos, song covers, or general jams. Can anyone recommend me programs, mics, and other such gear that might be necessary? I want this to be affordabe, but quality. I don't want to have to pay too...