Search results

1. Jaddy

The Psychedelic Rock appreciation thread.

I always dug this one:
  2. Jaddy

Uninhibited creativity without drugs?

It's not in my personality to tell anyone the 'correct' way to do things as we are all wired differently and find that the older I get the less I seem to know. That said, I believe that a sustained work ethic is the best way to aid creativity (at least for me). I write everyday and have done...
  3. Jaddy

In The Room - Video diary of my album recording process

Good luck, Aman I look forward to following your process.
  4. Jaddy

Pretty Things - Parachute.... Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage

Never noticed quite how similar these recordings are. Please enjoy....
  5. Jaddy

Drum influences

My friend Donn & brother Bill (RIP). I aspire to be a combination of the two.
  6. Jaddy

an opinion about Ringo

I must admit, I didn't know that Ringo was left handed until I watched the video. Now I'm tempted to set my kit up left handed to see what the effect might be...
  7. Jaddy

Samsung study: Attention Spans Shorten, songs must shrink

I'm thinking that Guided By Voices are finally ready for the big time.
  8. Jaddy

Did Anyone actually play a New Year's Eve gig?

I played an instrumental tune at a funeral yesterday though I don't suspect that counts.
  9. Jaddy

"Rebel-Rouser"--A Solo Acoustic Interpretation

Very nice Inyo, I enjoyed that a lot.
  10. Jaddy

Hello It's a a Bee - Maybe a bit influenced by growing up around Captain Beefheart in the Antelope Valley

I'm currently playing with my cat, George and this fits perfectly!
  11. Jaddy

$299 for this?

It totally suits me.
  12. Jaddy

Short scale bass recommendations

I play a Danelectro Longhorn (had it for about 8 years or so) and I love it, it rocks. The low end THUNK is fabulous and the weight and length make it a pleasure to play on longer gigs.
  13. Jaddy

Miley does Courtney

I thought her performance was good, though I found the song boring.
  14. Jaddy

Anyone experienced a big reversal of opinion on a guitar type?

I started playing in the '70's and never liked LPs, then 2009 I saw a deluxe in a store, picked it up and haven't put it down since... go figure.
  15. Jaddy

speaking of (the) Replacements

Forgot about this. I love that they had the perfect song for such an event. My roommate in the 80's had this on video tape (first time I'd heard of the band) and this performance pretty much formed much of my approach for some years...
  16. Jaddy

5 Minutes That Will Make You Love Beethoven

Lovely stuff, thanks. I turned off some Guided By Voices for that and yet the two somehow compliment one another.
  17. Jaddy

Larry Carlton live 'really' going for it on a LP! No editing ... Wow!!

I think I saw Larry look at his fretboard once. Seems he's human after all!
  18. Jaddy

Name some obscure song you liked as a kid ....

I'm afraid not, roue. I had the album, but gave it away at some point this century.
  19. Jaddy

Lips...

Is that clickbait? So be it... Background - I'm 55 and have played since I was ten. Due to Covid, I've been mainly playing solo acoustic guitar stuff and I've found that my lips and mouth get tense and contorted while working on difficult passages (I've never had this problem before to any...
  20. Jaddy

Bob Mould at 60 is still KILLING it

I like that he's plugged in for the video! I imagine it was quite loud in his backyard that afternoon...
  21. Jaddy

If you could only have one...

LP for me because I prefer the feel and the weight (at least with my '79 Deluxe).
  22. Jaddy

Heavy Metal (film & soundtrack)

Geez, I barely remember the soundtrack, though did see the film in the theatre when it was released and all I remember was that there were animated sex scenes. Quite a deal back in the day....
  23. Jaddy

New music video

Man, that was a great song and the video was very entertaining! Oh and I stubbed my toe which hurt.