Search results

1. edwardz

Subdecay Vagabond: Anyone have one yet?

Yes, the replacement works and sounds great.
  2. edwardz

Subdecay Vagabond - Could you be the one?

I bought mine direct from Subdecay on Reverb.
  3. edwardz

Tested the Vagabond extensively over the weekend. Running at 12-18 volts didn’t help. Contacted Brian at Subdecay. He checked out some other Vagabonds from the same batch and found a resistor problem. He’s shipping me a replacement pedal today. Great customer service! Just bought a Super...
  4. edwardz

Tested the Vagabond extensively over the weekend. Running at 12-18 volts didn’t help. Contacted Brian at Subdecay. He checked out some other Vagabonds from the same batch and found a resistor problem. He’s shipping me a replacement pedal today. Great customer service! Just bought a Super...
  5. edwardz

Going to try that tmw. Will report my findings.
  6. edwardz

Got the Vagabond today. Sounds great! One thing I do notice though is the tone is slightly thinner in harmonic mode than in bias. Is this normal? Never noticed that with the Flint.
  7. edwardz

Got the Vagabond today. Sounds great! One thing I do notice though is the tone is slightly thinner in harmonic mode than in bias. Is this normal? Never noticed that with the Flint.
  8. edwardz

I just bought one yesterday. Looking forward to hearing it! Now the Super Spring Theory is on my radar.
  9. edwardz

Who’s using the Vagabond? This just made it on by radar recently. I like that it’s small, analog and only draws 25 mA. I hear both the harmonic and bias modes sound really good too.
  10. edwardz

Who’s using the Vagabond? This just made it on by radar recently. I like that it’s small, analog and only draws 25 mA. I hear both the harmonic and bias modes sound really good too.
  11. edwardz

Mythical Overdrive diode switch

I have a Lil Mo (small box Mythical Overdrive) with 1N34 and OA126 diodes. Can someone please tell me which switch position is which diodes? Always thought the down position was the 1N34, but now I’m not sure that’s right. Thanks!!
  12. edwardz

Derek Trucks album to hear him at his very best ?

AMEN!!! I’ve seen Derek a bunch over the years with his band, with the ABB and with TTB. I’ve seen and heard him grow A LOT since I first heard about him while in his early teens. I happen to love the dude’s playing, attitude and humility. I get that some people don’t care for his music or his...
  13. edwardz

best overdrive for blackface fender

I’ve tried a bunch of stuff different ODs over the years. Really digging the Snouse BlackBox 2 into a Rimrock Lil Mo (Mythical Overdrive) these days.
  14. edwardz

What pedal do you own 2 of?

Snouse BlackBox 2 and Rimrock Lil Mo (Mythical Overdrive)
  15. edwardz

EarthQuaker Plumes

Got it. Tried it. Didn’t like it. Too bright and gritty for my tastes, and couldn’t really dial that out with the tone control. Just my opinion. YMMV.
  16. edwardz

EarthQuaker Plumes

Not looking to do the SRV/TS thing. More interested in a versatile, mid-forward pedal that isn’t congested sounding and cleans up well with the guitar volume control. This one seems to check a lot of boxes for me. The price is great too.
  17. edwardz

EarthQuaker Plumes

Been thinking about getting some kind of TS-style overdrive lately, and this one is looking interesting to me. Who has one and what do you like/dislike about it? Never owned an EQD pedal, but I probably need to since they’re made fairly close to me. Thanks!
  18. edwardz

Origin Effects Compact RevivalDRIVE - Here it is! A picture is worth a thousand words!

Wondering how it might work with a Mythical Overdrive after it as a solo boost or always on.. I’ve always liked the idea of an AIAB but never found anything that I could bond with. When the original RD came out I was curious. Decided to pass due to the price and size. I might have to own this...
  19. edwardz

Origin Effects Compact RevivalDRIVE - Here it is! A picture is worth a thousand words!

Very interested in this pedal. Who has it in stock that you received one already?
  20. edwardz

I'm thinking of buying a used Rimrock Mythical Overdrive 1N34/OA126 ( but it would be my 2nd Klone).

I have 2 Vintage Spec Lil Mos with the 1N34/OA126 diodes. I had an original gold horsie Klon and ARC Klones and tried a gold Archer and Sugar Drive. The Lil Mos are the best of all. It’s every thing I wished the others were.
  21. edwardz

2 guitars 1 amp 4 pedals

Guitars: Les Paul/Tele Amps: blackface Fender (or blackface Vintage Sound Amps) Pedals: Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, Xotic Soul Driven, Mythical Overdrive and Strymon Flint
  22. edwardz

Tremolo that cuts through better

Source Audio Vertigo.. Nice stomp for the price. Three kinds of trem, level and shape controls and app to edit parameters. Worth checking out.
  23. edwardz

Never ending tremolo quest

I had a Demeter Tremulator for several years. I switched to a Suhr Jack Rabbit two years ago, because I wanted more features in the same size pedal. Switched to a Source Audio Vertigo two months ago and couldn’t be happier with the sound and features, including harmonic and bias tremolo.
  24. edwardz

Ramble FX Marvel Drive vs Bogner La Grange

I’ve had some time to try the Marvel Drive 3 now. Here’s some observations so far. Running it at 18 volts makes a big difference. It sounds bolder and clearer to me at 18 volts. Nine volts sounds more compressed. I think I like the channel blend better on the MD 3 than on the La Grange...