Search results

1. TheNewWhatNext

Which amps get your pedalboards?

Any one of these heads into the Orange 2x12.
  2. TheNewWhatNext

Your favourite delay

I've not played that many, but of those I have the DM-2W stands tall. So easy to use and so many sounds on tap. A modern classic.
  3. TheNewWhatNext

Show us your Nano/Nano+ (6 pedals or less)

This one gets taken everywhere, love how small boards focus you to the essentials.
  4. TheNewWhatNext

E is for Esquire!

It speaks volumes that even that iPhone clip sounds superb. Great choices all round.
  5. TheNewWhatNext

Amps for punk..

Hell yes to Brian Baker! Absolute guitar hero
  6. TheNewWhatNext

Whats your favorite p90 guitar? Or just list some p90 options

If you can find a Gibson SG Classic you'll be very happy.
  7. TheNewWhatNext

Middle aged men playing punk.

Depends how it's done. I think as long as the music and lyrical content matures and ages with the band, then it can still be as brilliant and powerful as the music the same band made in their youth. Leatherface were a great example, they changed as they went on but it only seemed to lend more...
  8. TheNewWhatNext

Songs that is so unmistakenly telecaster

The crunching guitars in this... quintessential Telecaster. Also this. Absolutely proof positive Teles can rearrange your organs while still being absolutely Tele. Chris Spencer is know for using a stock Fender Twin, turned all the way up for the overdrive, with a DOD 250. What a sound.
  9. TheNewWhatNext

Amps for punk..

Really anything with good gain that doesn't flub out when you palm mute will be perfect. The bands you've listed are fairly diverse in punk subgenres but you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions here. With that said I've been using a Laney GH100L lately and you can find those for the cost...
  10. TheNewWhatNext

NGD Gibson SG Tribute

There's something really classy about an SG in a nice brown... like a great cup of coffee with cream. Happy NGD!
  11. TheNewWhatNext

What is the most memorable amp you have ever played?

A limited edition red tolexed Marshall JCM 800 2203 that belonged to the studio where my band recorded our last EP. I was hearing it in the control room through monitors but my god, with my Les Paul it was such a massive eureka moment of hearing the guitar sound of almost every single band I...
  12. TheNewWhatNext

2021 Fenders leak

Right?! It's a like an Esquire and a Les Paul Junior cross, insanely cool. Reminds me of a Potvin Ranchero but without the four figure price tag.
  13. TheNewWhatNext

2021 Fenders leak

Sweet jesus this Squier Jag... :drool
  14. TheNewWhatNext

2021 Fenders leak

Oh man, that Tele and Strat! A hardtail with P90s and (effectively) a Tele Jr... so awesome.
  15. TheNewWhatNext

NGD - SG Special Pelham Blue

Doesn't really get much cooler than that, happy NGD!
  16. TheNewWhatNext

Looking for the Most Raw Overdrive/Preamp

The DOD 250 has a pretty neutral EQ curve apart from cutting a bit of bass as you ramp up the gain, so it doesn't sound too 'manicured' like some overdrives can. One of the reasons I love it.
  17. TheNewWhatNext

Recommendations for a great strap

I really like Levy's, really well made stuff. I've also had great results with DSL straps for a slightly less pricey alternative.
  18. TheNewWhatNext

What is the smallest number of pedals you need to do (almost*) everything you do?

Tuner, Delay and Overdrive assuming the amp has good gain of its own. Tuner, Delay and RAT if it's not my amp and I have to run it cleanish.
  19. TheNewWhatNext

Any pedal that blurs the line between fuzz and OD…

DOD 250 definitely gets into fuzz territory with the gain in its higher reaches.
  20. TheNewWhatNext

Epiphone Guitars 2021 Wish List

Adding to the call for an SG Jr as well as Doublecut Jrs/Specials, preferably in TV Yellow & Cherry. I'm glad they brought back the Coronet & Wilshire too... basically more P90 stuff. Also would not say no to some satin/plaintop Les Pauls in darker hues.
  21. TheNewWhatNext

NAD MGL50

Wow, great sounding head. Nice score!
  22. TheNewWhatNext

It's RAT Week on Demos in the Dark - Let's settle this "best" RAT argument once and for all

Probably going to wait for the rest of the videos to come out before voting, and even then I can't really say I'm making an informed decision as I only own the Skinner Box out of that list so I will definitely be biased. Either way I love this already especially as the guy is using a rig not a...
  23. TheNewWhatNext

Favorite "cheap" amp?

Laney GH100L - £325 Fender Bassbreaker 45 Head - £439 Modded JCM tones from one, Bassman/Plexi sounds from the other.
  24. TheNewWhatNext

Favorite "cheap" amp?

I've heard loads of good things about these, am I right in thinking it's quite JMP/JCM-ish?
  25. TheNewWhatNext

What specific piece of gear have you never owned or used?

Never owned a Fuzz Face/Tonebender. Probably due to some assumptions on my part that they're only good for retro rock/blues revivalism, and neither of those genres appeals to me at all.