Search results

1. Bobbofallenstar

Naylor amps

Reviving a dead thread. Naylor owners chime in! Electroverb 38 here, yes it's British Racing Green.
  2. Bobbofallenstar

I want to put two amps together in one enclosure.

I like this idea best!!
  3. Bobbofallenstar

Those Little Walter's look sharp! Yeah, I want to do it but it is starting to look like a pain in the ass.
  4. Bobbofallenstar

Hey. So I just got back from a short tour where I was using a Fender Blues Jr and a Fender Pro Jr - running a stereo rig. Now, I know I could just keep running the two of those and be done with it but in my brain I think it would be awesome to have the two of them in one cabinet - 12" on one...
  5. Bobbofallenstar

Anyone make a clone of the old Gibson GA-79RVT Stereo amp?

Do you mean the concentric pots for bass and treble?
  6. Bobbofallenstar

Anyone make a clone of the old Gibson GA-79RVT Stereo amp?

I've been wanting one of these for some time but they're kind of hard to find and not many were made. I was wondering if anyone knew someone that made them? You know - this thing:
  7. Bobbofallenstar

Help making an amp cabinet -

I've decided that the amp I want doesn't exist but I know what it is. Now I have to find someone who can help me make it. The hardest part is the cab. (I think) Pretty much what I want is an amp like a Fender Blues Jr 1x12 AND a Fender Pro Jr. 1x10 in the same cabinet and I want it to...
  8. Bobbofallenstar

What's your "amp path" been. (or how many amps has it taken to find your keepers?

Dean Markley - blew it up Strumlin something - blew it up Peavey 130 - loud does not equal good Peavey blah Peavey blah Fender deluxe solid state something (getting better) Fender Pro 185 Fender London 185 - if one is good, 2 must be better. (mesa boogie 1/2 back cab & Marshall 1960A cab)...
  9. Bobbofallenstar

The amp, you said, you'll never sell.... But sold.

Naylor Electra-Verb 38. I'm still very, very pissed off at myself.
  10. Bobbofallenstar

Area 51 Tube Audio Designs - amps. Tried one?

The Add on Tremolo was like $200 and was easily the best tremolo I've ever heard, used - whatever. In a moment of stupidity I traded my Naylor Electroverb w/ Area 51 Tube Tremolo away. Seriously - what the hell was I thinking?
  11. Bobbofallenstar

Area 51 Tube Audio Designs - amps. Tried one?

Area 51 has been around for a while and they make this amp - The Model 2 - that looks so damn cool. I was just wondering if anyone on here has one. I've never seen or heard anyone that had one. This is their website. (I am in no way affiliated with them - aside from I once bought one of...
  12. Bobbofallenstar

WORST sounding amp you've played/heard

I played a Fender London 185 head through a Mesa 1/2 back cab for about a year before I realized my tone sucked. (I was young-ish) I heard Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds and Rick Richards tone and realized I was on the wrong path. I've owned 3 Reissue Deluxe Reverbs and I thought they all...
  13. Bobbofallenstar

Teixeira Amps Texosound Bernie--Lengthy Initial Thoughts

Well, this is attainable. I can buy one of these and be happy. Never mind the whole "implant" debate.
  14. Bobbofallenstar

This picture is better than the bikini thread.
  15. Bobbofallenstar

The I scored a great tube amp under $500 thread

Just picked up an Ampeg J-20 (handwired!) off the emporium for $425. I love the little thing!
  16. Bobbofallenstar

If you could own any 5 amps being built today?

1) My Jaguar Retro 2) Teixeira CC 3) Naylor Electroverb (that I had and sold!) 4) Area 51 Model II Hmm, can't come up with another one.
  17. Bobbofallenstar

Got a Rickenbacker today!

Nice! Can't wait to see it!
  18. Bobbofallenstar

I need one of these amps.
  19. Bobbofallenstar

If you could only have 2 amps/guitars

My #1 Telecaster My Gibson J-30 My Jaguar Retro Fender Vibroverb (2x10) Fulltone Fulldrive II Line 6 DL4
  20. Bobbofallenstar

Vox-type amps: which ones do you like?

I know you don't want to go boutique but my Jaguar Retro is pretty vox like - switchable 30/17 watts. Single 12" Alnico Gold. I got rid of my Vox CC2 and my Naylor electroverb when I got this baby.
  21. Bobbofallenstar

If you could only have 2 amps/guitars

My number one Tele My Gibson J-30 My Jaguar Retro 1x12 Combo Fulltone Fulldrive II Echo Park
  22. Bobbofallenstar

So, I'm curious. What's with the Mesa hate here?

I have to go back and say that I don't hate MB's. But they are in the same place in my head as Ovation guitars. It's like you see that thing in the magazine about Randall and how he started making the Mark I or whatever - he was just tinkering and came upon something cool and now the whole...
  23. Bobbofallenstar

So, I'm curious. What's with the Mesa hate here?

Not a Mesa lover here. I hated the tone coming out of our guitar players amp when he first joined. We did a session and all it sounded like was a bag of bees! I can see that they would have their place - and I know that they have lots of bells, whistles, switches, modes and what-not. But...