Search results

1. Bobbofallenstar

Really annoying amplified acoustic sound

I talked to a friend who works at Fishman today - he was telling me that they have had reports of customers buying the cheap "Fishman" parts shipped thru eBay from China being knockoffs or fakes and having lots of issues with them. So there's that.
  2. Bobbofallenstar

I dug around in there today. It is another damaged pickup! I had been getting the cheap Fishman's on eBay (shipped from China) and I got 3 bad ones in a row!! I had an old Natural 1, with the endpin thing and what-not - I just rigged it up with everything hanging out of the sound hole to try...
  3. Bobbofallenstar

Hey, so I got a few guitars, I've got them all sorted with Fishman's. J45, J30, Martin and a J100. I absolutely love the J100 but I can't use it because it makes a static-y type of noise when plugged in. First I thought it was the Fishman Presys so I got a replacement, then it was better...
  4. Bobbofallenstar

Looking for a Gibson J-100 xtra CE

Lafeekiboss! Awesome guitar. Very few of them! Yours and mine are like sisters!
  5. Bobbofallenstar

Don't be jealous Wayne - as far as I've found, there's at least 2 more out there.
  6. Bobbofallenstar

I absolutely love it. It fits me and I just feel at home on it already.
  7. Bobbofallenstar

Gibson Accu-Voice Pre-amp pickup system?

No one has any experience with the AccuVoice?
  8. Bobbofallenstar

Gibson Accu-Voice Pre-amp pickup system?

Hey Folks! I have a new/old guitar coming in this week that has the Gibson Accu-Voice pre-amp system and the 1/4" and XLR output jack. I know that this system doesn't really exist anymore - is that because it was terrible or is it a hidden gem? Just wondering your thoughts and advice...
  9. Bobbofallenstar

Found it! Bought it today! Woo-Hoo!! Patience.
  10. Bobbofallenstar

Playing acoustic through a DRRI

Just throwing this out there - I started making a combination A/B DI pedal. It's a very simple pedal, only uses a 9 volt for the lights to tell you which side is on. With this pedal you have a single 1/4" cable in (so you can switch between acoustic or electric) and then you choose if the DI...
  11. Bobbofallenstar

Still fighting acoustic pickups

Tac5 - I tried emailing you but it bounced.
  12. Bobbofallenstar

Oh, my gawd I'm dumb. The string didn't have enough downward pressure behind the saddle. I got out a file and notched it out and it's a bunch better. The bridge saddle is a compensated saddle so the high E string is further north than say, a straight bridge saddle. That combined with the...
  13. Bobbofallenstar

First off - thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions you've given me. I'm just still hating the pickup in my Gibson J-30. I had a Fishman Natural 2 in it that worked great for about a decade. Then the bridge saddle cracked and I had a new one professionally installed. Upgraded...
  14. Bobbofallenstar

Best Soundhole Pickup for Non-Acoustic sounds

Hey guy, I'm wondering about an Acoustic Soundhole pickup recommendation that doesn't sound "acoustic". Preferably a magnetic pickup that can be balanced string wise and then distorted through an amp. Thanks.
  15. Bobbofallenstar

Splitting or cracking an acoustic bridge saddle to balance the sound?

Ok, I never heard of this until just recently. I was looking at a guitar and the guy said that his luthier split the one piece bridge into two pieces. He cut it between the G & B string to balance the high strings with the low strings with the piezo pickup. I thought this was just crazy...
  16. Bobbofallenstar

Well I've played J100's and REALLY liked them but being the only guitar player in my band - I have to do some weedly weedly parts up high. I am very used to the cutaway on my Martin and don't want to move away from that.
  17. Bobbofallenstar

I am NOT a collector. I'm a player. I have seen two in all my interweb searching.
  18. Bobbofallenstar

Thanks. Yep, got to be the cutaway. That's what puts it over the top for me.
  19. Bobbofallenstar

Hey guys! So I recently discovered that my dream guitar was actually made for a brief while in 1994 and now I'm trying to find one. Technically speaking it's listed as: 1994 Gibson 100th Anniversary J-100 xtra CE. Spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck with a cutaway. I saw one...
  20. Bobbofallenstar

Gibson j100

I'm looking for a Gibson J-100!! Actually, more specifically: I'm looking for a 1994 100th Anniversary Gibson J-100 xtra CE with mahogany back, sides and neck with a cutaway. This is my dream guitar. Can't find any.
  21. Bobbofallenstar

Flipping the strings on a 12 string to make it Rickenbacker style

Beautiful finger picking! Yep. Thanks!
  22. Bobbofallenstar

Flipping the strings on a 12 string to make it Rickenbacker style

Hey, I was wondering if any of you have ever flipped the strings on your acoustic 12 string so that the heavy string is first and the octave second? You know, like a Rickenbacker 12 string. I realize that this would mean cutting a new nut and all. I'm just so used to it from the...
  23. Bobbofallenstar

Dual Sourcing My Acoustic - advice needed

Well I did it. Knobs and everything. 2 output jacks. I went the two jack route so that if I need to, I don't have to replace a stereo cable on the road - just any mono cable will work. And/or can do either or. Seems like more options there. I am beyond thrilled with how this turned out.