Search results

1. MRCHILL4

Capo advice.

i have a g7th and an old shubb. the shubb just sounds better. it resonates more. the 7 is nice, but has thin dampening thing going on.
  2. MRCHILL4

Capo advice.

INTERESTED IN THE THALIA. any g7th users also have a thalia? any better? i have a 20 year old shubb too. thanks!
  3. MRCHILL4

Gibson Hummingbird

Gibson told me it is a special model Ren made for a " special customer ". They would not tell me who.
  4. MRCHILL4

Gibson Hummingbird

Of course so would I, the Martins I have tried sound flat , not deep and bright like an excellent hummingbird. An old Martin is different . But you will pay through the nose for one. To me it ain't worth that. The one you see is a 2004 custom and it far surpasses the martins I have played...
  5. MRCHILL4

Gibson Hummingbird

MINE IS THE EXCEPTION IT KILLS EVERY MARTIN I HAVE EVER PLAYED
  6. MRCHILL4

need some reccomendations from the knowlagable folks here =D

the taylors i have played recently seemed very bright, but yet balanced. the martins i pick up sound loud but dark. the gibsons in the same price range sound the best to me.
  7. MRCHILL4

Gibson Hummingbird Pro Cutaway or Martin D-28 ?

had a d35 and hummingbird for years. the martin is gone and i am still very happy with the hummingbird.
  8. MRCHILL4

Not bonding with my HD-28...

i got rid of a d35 for the same reason. have a gibson hummingbird artist now, and i can play much more comfortably on it.
  9. MRCHILL4

After owning 81 acoustic guitars......here's what I've learned.

nice ! i have not owned as much as you have, i have found i prefer a custom hummingbird, and a guild d55 to MANY high end pieces i have owned/tried. the d55 was/is a great value. when i find another i will buy it again. just a simple solid guitar that d55 is :)
  10. MRCHILL4

Sell my Les Paul R9 to buy a Martin HD-28V?

i would not sell it, there are cheaper martins that are cool.
  11. MRCHILL4

Do you think an acoustic guitar can 'open up' from just setting a long time?

you mean 40 percent humidity of course. when a guitar is over 10 years old, do you think it is as affected by temp/humidity as it was when it was new ? i think that "checking" is enevitable after so many years. it is also this checking that may allow the guitar to resonate more or...
  12. MRCHILL4

dr. i put elixirs on mine. i have fossilized ivory pins in. the strings sound like crystal. YOUR GUITAR LOOKS SWEET MAN. KEEP HER IF YOU CAN. PRETTY.
  13. MRCHILL4

during low humid days i play mine out back in my yard sometimes. usually early spring, and early fall days. i think my guitar digs it :)
  14. MRCHILL4

i wouldn't sell mine. best acoustic i have ever had, and it does get much better with age. i noticed that the strings vibrated like crazy when exposed to loud acdc music. and the zep tracks "in the light" , "the song remains the same" .
  15. MRCHILL4

isn't it all about the vibrating of the top for the most part ?
  16. MRCHILL4

i have a 1997 hummingbird. i have done crazy things to "open it up", including keeping it in front of very loud speakers for hours. bringing it to practice and just leaving it on the stand infront of my amp, leaving it in front of an extremely loud giant church pipe organ while it was being...
  17. MRCHILL4

Guild D55

i had a carona d55 which i still miss. only thing after a year the neck got finicky ????? got alot of fret buzz , bought it to rudy's in nyc for adjustment. fine for a while then the bass side of the neck was warping ....went to another luthier for correction...then the fret buzz again. even at...
  18. MRCHILL4

gibson unique custom hummingbird

WHAT DOES ..."OPs pics" MEAN ?
  19. MRCHILL4

pappa, i was given this website by the manager of the guitar shop where it was purchased : http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx and the results were : Your guitar was made at the: Bozeman Plant , MA, USA May 15th, 1997
  20. MRCHILL4

Looks stamped and under the serial # it says " gibson custon shop original". It is on the inside heel of the base of the neck.
  21. MRCHILL4

i take it that you have personal experience with ren. the serial number for this instrument is 91357050. how can i research this ?
  22. MRCHILL4

gibson verified that according to the serial number it is real, and the style is verified to be a one of a kind custom piece. it was made to spec for an "artist". tha's all i know. i sent gibson the same images. ?????
  23. MRCHILL4

thanks papajuice, just sent an email to a mr.ellis there. hopefully these new photos can shed some light on the matter. thanks.