Search results

1. C

Live mic's that are good for recording too?

Thank you. I'm going out to demo one on Friday. Cheers!
  2. C

Live mic's that are good for recording too?

Matching mic's to vocalists in the studio has never really been a problem for me and, with live work, the task's been even easier (Thank you Shure!), but I'm just about to embark on a live recording project and I have to admit to being a little lost over the choice of microphones I need to work...
  3. C

do you think Jazz players know the names of chords they are playing ?

Have you ever heard Allan Holdsworth try to explain what he's playing?! :eek: "Some people would call this A minor ...with a diminished ...er... ...something. But to me it's an A square ...with a stripe through the square." :huh Honestly, how many other people would start their teaching...
  4. C

So I started listening to Robben Ford... GREAT PLAYER. Tone = meh

My copy of 'Minor Elegance' (the album Robben made with Joe Diorio) politely disagrees with you.
  5. C

Name a band that was better after an original member was replaced

Dr Teeth & The Electric Mayhem went through quite a few drummers until they found Animal, apparently...
  6. C

PRS Lost its Cool??

That's an easy position to take because all guitars make a person look cool by default. Come back with that argument after you've learnt to play a fluglehorn.
  7. C

Any Fender Prosonic users out there?

It's my birthday on Saturday, but here's been a bit of a cock-up on the scheduling front and the amp's not going of to get done until next Tuesday. But, hey, at least it's on its way! :homer:banana:glen
  8. C

Alan Holdsworth Sunday April 26

Not the DeLap? I wonder where that's gone? Btw, which Steinberger - the Synapse?
  9. C

PRS Lost its Cool??

...and you'll still have some way to go to match the abuse my Custom 24 has taken... Buckle rash... Forearm rash... FUBAR rash... ;)
  10. C

...or Black Magic. I think we should give him a couple of goes in the ducking stool, just to be sure... ;)
  11. C

I've been to The Iridum - with all the tables and chairs out, it can't sit more than 70-odd anyway, can it? Plus, you were at the early show. That might make a difference. Actually, I'd always been under the impression that he moved to America because that was the only place he could actually...
  12. C

Help with Prosonic?

The active EQ takes a bit of working out, but I'm getting some nice clean, drive and totally OTT tones out of mine now. I'm currently using it with a 2x12" extention cab and the results have been so good that I'm looking to get it re-cabbed as a 2x12" combo.
  13. C

STONE HIM! Stone the unbeliever! ;)
  14. C

...and it's quite a notable clip as it features (at 2:46) the very first Robben Ford clam I've ever heard! :eek:
  15. C

PRS Lost its Cool??

Yes, basically he said he was fed up of playing his CE24 and fancied moving back to a more Gibson-y sound. This doesn't make the PRS a worse guitar from a Gibson, just different. I remember seeing him (for years) perfectly happily playing a Superstrat through a Gallien Krueger, but times and...
  16. C

What was the funniest moment youv'e ever had at a Gig

Sounds familiar... Yes, I think I've got it... Serves you right for playing at The Smugglers Arms! :roll Next time your down my way, drop me a line so I can take you to some of the really bad pubs... ;)
  17. C

Why does everyone here love P-90s?

What, in the name of Setzer, is that?! :cool::cool:
  18. C

The P-90 spectrum...

Fellas, I've already copped to not expressing myself correctly in the first place, so let's not turn this into a pissing contest. This isn't The Pub. I'm just after the info. Cheers.
  19. C

The P-90 spectrum...

My command of the written word obviously falls short of the demand of my ears. I know exactly what I'm after. Thanks for the help.
  20. C

The P-90 spectrum...

Yes, thanks, but I'm sure you know what I meant! A Strat-like single coil... :rolleyes:
  21. C

The P-90 spectrum...

I'm after a pair of P-90's. The bridge needs to be as thick, fat and near-humbuckery as possible and the neck needs to be as light, airy and single coil-like as can be. (Actually, does anyone make a single coil p/up in a P-90 housing? That would do just as well.) Also, as a set, if one was RWRP...
  22. C

PRS Lost its Cool??

PRS guitars have definitely lost their cool. You should all sell them at whatever ridiculously lowball offers you recieve just to get them out of sight and so you can rid yourselves of the shame of ever owning them. Go to the 'Emporium' over on BaM and start out doing each-other with market...
  23. C

Why does everyone here love P-90s?

That tortoiseshell pickguard is the balls. :cool:
  24. C

What was the funniest moment youv'e ever had at a Gig

No band stories to relate, but plenty as a DJ... Once I had an outdoors gig for an afternoon event and so I had to box a bit clever with the look of the show as the entire lighting rig was next to useless in the daylight ...but I had an old-fashioned fog machine (i.e. an old tin bath that you...

Trending Topics