Search results

1. P

BOSS WAZA Tube Amp Expander Questions/Problems

These are all understandable comments. We can do better, and are working on revamping the entire support experience you've went through. Feel free to shoot me a message in the future. And looking at my DS-1, the tone knob is currently set to 8:00. :beer
  2. P

Boss MD-200 or... (looking for all around mod pedal)

have you tried hooking it up pre and post? It has that function to be able to switch positions.
  3. P

Boss MD-200 or... (looking for all around mod pedal)

The MD-500 has the advantage of Dimension chorus, which is a favourite Of mine, and running two effects at once. Doesn’t happen often but Sometimes things get wild. MD-200 Tip: (that took me longer to learn than I’d care to admit) holding the main clicky button down and turning a knob, the...
  4. P

As I said above it’s completely normal, but I’ll let the experts chime in with a more technical explanation.
  5. P

Hi guys! I work for Boss and I’ve seen the comments in the other thread and have reached out to my colleagues for a response. I know quite a bit about the WAZA-TAE and tube amp design but I don’t want to overstep and say any incorrect information. The short answer I’ve been given is what others...
  6. P

Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander

Sometimes where things are located on the panel, front or back is due to keeping signal away from AC lines and such. I learned that lesson the hard way a few times when building amps. It went from "Why didn't anyone think of that?" to "Oh thats why." I have mine rack mounted but I'm not using...
  7. P

Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander

How many would be ideal for you? . For me, I've used 1.. I don't really want my tone to drastically change while I play, and I only ever really own one cab "in real life". but options are nice! Can you suggest any great IRs?
  8. P

Compressor? Why?

they are a little boring. Pedals that you "only notice when you turn them off" are boring. rock and roll is not about subtleties. but like I said, I'm a changed man. Unless the amps turned up loud. then see above
  9. P

Compressor? Why?

Former Compressor hater here - Diamond Comp convert. -it helps augment the feel in a pleasing way when I'm not playing at band volume. tube amp naturally compresses when I play with the band and the nuances are lost anyway. in quiet or headphone situations you can be a lot more critial of what...
  10. P

JTM45 & UA OX Box - Live Tones from Last Week - Not Sure What Else I Could Want

You’re not fooling me OP. I see that Boss Katana, sounds great too!
  11. P

DiMarzio Air Classic - The bargain PAF clone?

I have Air Classics in my Ibanez 2630 (335 style). I adore the sound of that guitar with those in them. Very round and warm sounding guitar now. I have a set of PAF Masters in my RGA321 and it’s much more aggressive and brighter sounding with more output. Guitar differences play a big part but I...
  12. P

Boss Katana Mk II

I run through that 5" speaker all the time. Very handy.
  13. P

BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander - Boss’s Answer to the OX / Power Station

There are no IRs on the speaker output. If you look at the editor you can see where the effects split
  14. P

Neo Creamback vs G12m65 creamback?

I actually did the reverse of this. I bought the creamback and switched it for a neo very shortly after. I wouldn’t necessarily agree with your assumptions. I’d say the Neo was tighter and more articulate. I wouldn’t say it was brighter. Honestly I was pretty floored, one of those “I have found...
  15. P

Another Synthwave-ish SY1000 track

Awesome! That was great.
  16. P

BOSS DD-8 and DD-3T Released

simpler, less $$$$
  17. P

Control Using an Expression Pedal Connecting an expression pedal (Roland EV-5, BOSS FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30; sold separately) to the TEMPO/EXP jack enables you to control the respective parameters of the [E.LEVEL], [FEEDBACK], and [TIME] knobs. * Use only the specified expression pedal. By...
  18. P

hey did you check page 19 of the reference manual?
  19. P

Can't get SY-1000 to produce a single sound

other way, midi out from unit to trigger external.
  20. P

One particular element I am excited about is integrating it WITH my synths. There are some tones I'll like from the unit but I've got a lot of analog I'm excited to integrate :)
  21. P

With Normal you can use the guitar effects and amps of course (pulled from GT-1000), and the Dynamic Synth which shares similarity to the SY-300. Getting a GK pickup allows you to use everything else, including the V-Guitar stuff, which I've been finding quite useful. Its important to...
  22. P

Fuzzes into Distortion sounds and the farts.

This was the kind of information I was looking for. Smart! And for the record we are talking about results of GUITAR ---> MUFF ---> OVERDRIVE ---> AMP I feel like some people are questioning why one would do this, indicating it may not be common... when many do this.. including Mr. Gilmour...
  23. P

After much experimenting yes, it just simply works better in this case. However I tried the Wampler ---> Timmy and I'm actually liking it better than the timmy I had in front. It adds a little more squawk than I'm use to with the Timmy into Timmy and I'm liking it a lot! So all is not lost... lol!
  24. P

double checked that one, no that’s not the case. Nice it has a switch on the side though!
  25. P

A lot of great comments. The comment about the Pre-Bass control on the timmy has got me thinking that is the key here. The bass is adjusted before any kind of gain.

Trending Topics