Search results

1. mmrxcsr01

String to string volume w/ Lace Gold's....

Other strings are all good.....just the high e.....
  2. mmrxcsr01

Yes to pup height, following the manufacturer guide....and this has been a gradual loss, just now at a point that I'm consious of it. I heard a recording of a gig last week , where I know I have pet licks that include the high E, and I can hear it drop out....frets have been leveled and...
  3. mmrxcsr01

Lately I've noticed a drop in my high E output, across all three pups... swapped out the string saddle, no change. New nut about 6 months ago; action high enough to play slide and finger style. Thoughts? Thanks all....
  4. mmrxcsr01

Framus / L6S pup question....

Not a total surprise, Gibson doesn't have a replacement part available.....anyone else have a thought?
  5. mmrxcsr01

Framus / L6S pup question....

Decades ago I was given a Framus electric, two pups, solid covers (no exposed polepieces), potted. I was able to get a schem/ wiring diagram from Bill Lawrence....and he referenced in an article somewhere about trying this out on the L6S... three conductors and a shield from each, feeding a 6...
  6. mmrxcsr01

Moderne specs?

Thanks friend, we'll see...
  7. mmrxcsr01

Moderne specs?

Anyone have a dimensional drawing for one? Or a source to point me to? TIA...
  8. mmrxcsr01

Truss rod troubles...

Dunno what it was previously strung with, 10-46 now. The set's been on for several weeks, guitar is in a stand on the ground level of the house, with all the other guitars. This is the only one with the issue. We adjust the rod to get the strings to a "normal", or "average" action, and within...
  9. mmrxcsr01

Truss rod troubles...

Sorry, should have said, forward.
  10. mmrxcsr01

Truss rod troubles...

Evening folks, a question, please...my son picked up an Indonesian- built tele, the "Designed and Backed By Fender" labeled one...used, maple neck. The neck had a bad bow, which was corrected by a truss rod adjustment. Trouble is, it holds for a few days, and then the bow is back. Bad rod? Or am...
  11. mmrxcsr01

how to coil split bill lawrence L600

I used to have a Lawrence that I sent the coil tap wire to the unused tab of the vol pot- at "10" the pup was a single coil, on "9", it was a 'bucker...I suppose you could use the tone pot instead- will that give you what you need, with the benefit of no additional pot?
  12. mmrxcsr01

don mare pickup wiring question

try reversing one pup at a time- you can do this with jumpers instead of soldering...
  13. mmrxcsr01

Les Paul Headstock Repair Advice-

Thanks all- looks like he's leaning towards getting in touch with BCR. Appreciate the input!
  14. mmrxcsr01

Thanks for your time guys. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my op; the cost of shipping the guitar to and from Gibson, plus the cost of the estimate, would approach the 450-500 range. Not the repair...waiting for pics to post...
  15. mmrxcsr01

I'll get some posted tonite when I get back home- thanks!
  16. mmrxcsr01

Good morning all- my son was given an 80's Les Paul, which, at one time, had the headstock broken off. Worse, the previous owner tried to repair it himself, using what he says was an epoxy. The headstock is literally being held on by the binding at this point. He has asked everyone in our area...