Search results

1. D

Vintage SG Question

I think I've heard that the '64's have a bigger neck? I could be wrong. I know it's true with 335's. SG's are popular right now! Getting pricey.
  2. D

A little Olympic White action from 1964

My favorite look for a Strat right there.
  3. D

Where to Start

OK Guitars has a few Strats right now. He's very reputable.
  4. D

Mid '60s Guild Electrics, anybody into them?

I have a 73 Bluesbird I love, also an early 80's bass which is awesome. If I was a collector it would be Guilds.
  5. D

Original 65 deluxe reverb owner, play or preserve?

That is a workingman's amp.
  6. D

Think I want a tweed

Love me some tweed. Had a '59 Bassman back in the 70's. Now I have a Germino Tweed Deluxe and a Victoria 5112. The clones are close enough for me.
  7. D

How Much Will a Early 60s 335 Cost Me?

I think about this a lot. If it were me, (and it may be someday) I'd like to have $20K USD before I started looking. In that price range I can get the guitar I want, rather than the one I can afford.
  8. D

Guitars from 75

Guilds from the 70's are great. The HB1 pickups from that era are sweet! If you wanted an acoustic a '75 Mossman would be a nice choice. Better and cheaper than Martins of that era. 70's Les Paul Customs can be good but you better be in shape.
  9. D

Someone found an unplayed 1956 Les Paul

Might be worth it. Yowza!
  10. D

Guitars from 75

I have a '73 Guild Bluesbird that's killer. I love 70's Guilds! Also Mossman acoustic guitars from that era are very nice. I think Les Paul Customs from that era are nice (but heavy). I started playing at 16 back in 1970. For the most part those were dark times for new guitars, but there were a...
  11. D

1963 Guild Starfire

I think the pickups on the '63 are D'Armonds. If it was me, I'd go for the '66.
  12. D

Selling my newer gear and buying vintage.

I don't think it matters. I have a mixture. Three of my guitars are from the 70's, which to me is kinda hard to call vintage. I don't like them any more or less than my newer guitars. Half of my amps are vintage, the others are boutique tweed clones. They are all great.
  13. D

1968 ES335 Is it a keeper ?

Start playing. Old 335's are better than money.
  14. D

1960 Burst Restoration

Exactly.
  15. D

Vintage Ibanez appreciation thread.

I have a late 70's Ibanez "Champion" which is a sunburst dreadnaught. I haven't found anything that sounds better, and it plays great.
  16. D

What are '65 ES-335s selling for these days?

Check out es-335.org if you haven't already.
  17. D

Greatest vintage guitar 1962?

Double bound Tele in some cool color......or a 345..I like red ones!
  18. D

Vintage Guild Starfire models.

I have never played any kind of Guild guitar where I didn't fall in love with the neck.
  19. D

What piece of vintage gear are you saving or shopping for?

I think I want a Harvard. Probably get a clone.
  20. D

Why do I want a 70's Japanese Acoustic So Bad?

I have a 70's Ibanez "Champion" dreadnaught that's not going anywhere. Sitka top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, handmade.
  21. D

Guild Bluesbird 1973 legit ?

I just bought a '73 from Elderly for $1400. It looks the same except mine is a lighter tint. The neck pickup on mine is really really sweet. I also love the feel of the bound rosewood fingerboard (I normally play maple Tele's). Just a great guitar. I would have paid $1700 if I'd had too. It...
  22. D

Does a 1971 ES 335 qualify as Vintage?

To me, Vintage refers to the time before Gibson started cutting corners.
  23. D

74 Fender telecaster

I wouldn't buy a 70's Tele without playing it. They were pretty hit or miss back then.