Search results

1. kimos55

Chick Corea, RIP

Very cool watch
  2. kimos55

Rivera Amps ?

OK, I have a Venus 6 combo, it's better then my Fender Deluxe, Heavy though.
  3. kimos55

What band has the most interesting story?

I have to 2nd Rush. This is the kinda story that is so great, it's called beyond the lighted stage. Great Documentary. Granted there are a few mentioned above I have never seen, but some tragic one's too.
  4. kimos55

Sold Corndrstone Gladio 2020 Sliver

Sold Shipped and pp IMG_1774 by Alan, on Flickr
  5. kimos55

Steel wool for dirty fretboard

HI Jack, Long time no talk to. Gorgomyte is the best. Just wanted to shout out to ya.
  6. kimos55

Sold Quilter 101 Mini Reverb

Shoots I will take the quilter
  7. kimos55

My rig sounds really bad and I don’t know why.

Wow, I used a quilter before with just a 1 12 cab And I could have done a gig with it. i am trying to remember exactly how I had it set- seems to me that first you want a more or less classic clean tone with enough drive to just dirty up the tone enough, then use your pedal to drive the...
  8. kimos55

EVH All Star Jam - Tony Levin, Jan Hammer

WOW great vid, Thanks
  9. kimos55

Tube amp feel

I think that in a Studio the Fractal sounds great , it feels like playing through an amp. I felt that in the studio Amp modeling is better for recording , I much rather us a Fractal in the studio. Live playing gigs, I had a hard time gigging with the Fractal because of it is so hard to...
  10. kimos55

FM3 on the way!!

No I only used it through a house PA systems when I gigged Never used it as a stand alone efx
  11. kimos55

FM3 on the way!!

I gigged with the FM3 for 3 weeks then I went back to my amp pedal board rig. I just didn't have the time to mess around at the time for my live gigs, I went back to my standard rig set up. What I learned: Every mistake you make is out in front, I don't make many but if you do when your...
  12. kimos55

What is the best Combo amp for all around gigging clubs

I did it I pulled the trigger on a brand new Carr Rambler Purple color. Can't wait tell she gets here
  13. kimos55

WOW just watched the video on this amp, NICE. I have a Rivera era fender deluxe 2 heavy but I dig it but it has that fender tone but there is somthing missing, that can be better, Then My Rivera Venus, Sounds great but both are heavy. The Venus is good but I feel like I am fighting the...
  14. kimos55

Sold Germino Lead 55 LV RED

What can I say, I am getting another amp and selling this amp to fund another. SOLD . No trades , as I am funding another amp. I love this amp but I have to get a combo IMG_1411 by Alan, on FlickrIMG_1412 by Alan, on Flickr
  15. kimos55

Thanks for advice, I have been a Full time Guitar player for the last 9 years. In the quest for tone I have put together IMO 3 different pedal boards, 2 are travel size. Now the final quest is the best Combo for great tone. Can't wait to get one.
  16. kimos55

It;s looking like a Carr Rambler is the direction I am going to try
  17. kimos55

You are right on, that's why I am getting yet another combo. I have tried so many different amps. I like my deluxe but then I got a Rivera Venus ( heavy amp) I did an A B test with the Deluxe and the Rivera sounded different just had a better tone so thought maybe I can fine a even better...
  18. kimos55

I play R &B, Blues, Jazz and country, pop and have to be ready to play almost anything, I Just want to get the best all around Combo 1 X 12 . I still gig a lot and am moving in and out of clubs means weight does matter, I have been using a Rivera Venus, She sounds better then my Fender...
  19. kimos55

I really want to take guitar lessons, but why is so expensive

Get a one year True Fire subscription . I can point you in the right direction just PM me if you need. I have taken some classes at 50 an hour years ago, I teach guitar for my friends that need help now a days. IT depends on the teacher and what you get out of it. Great guitar players...
  20. kimos55

The 8502 Telecaster...why did people like them?

I Never knew about this 8502's tell this week, Found one for sale at 900. Looks band new going to check it out, Should I pull the trigger?
  21. kimos55

Did the Allman Brothers tune down?

The eat a peach is a tad off in tuning. I always had to slightly retune when I used to jam with that CD or album