Search results

1. Dunzie

Calling Dr Z Amp Experts...

I got a bug for a Dr Z. I got a chance to play a Maz 38 NR today and really liked it. It was a 112 but had loads of volume and lots of clean headroom but a nice character to it and handled pedals well. I came home and started searching the Dr Z website and man, they have a lot of different...
  2. Dunzie

Hey Delay Experts

Looking for advice from people who have played a lot more delays than I have. I've been through a few over the past few years, from a Wampler Faux Tape (limited), Moog Minifooger MF (too dark and also pretty large and clunky), MXR Analog (no tap and limited tone), Rockett Alien (current on the...
  3. Dunzie

Anyone compared Keeley Red Dirt to new Germanium version?

I'll preface by saying the original Red Dirt is an absolute STAPLE on my board, and my go to lead boost for most low gain foundation drives I own. It really is an exceptional stacker and highly useful pedal. Curious about the Germanium version because I use the original so much, if it's worth...
  4. Dunzie

Pedalaholics Anon... Anyone else in treatment?

It's occurred to me I have issues. Dirt issues mostly. This is a cut and paste from a post I made in a thread someone else started ("List all the pedals you've owned") a while ago that got me thinking... Wampler: - Ego / Euphoria / Pinnacle / PlexiDrive Deluxe / Ace Thirty / Paisley Drive /...
  5. Dunzie

Help: Keeley 1962 vs Ramble Marvel

Has anyone played both of these pedals and if so what were your comparison thoughts? It'd also help to know what kind of guitar/amp you used with it. Thanks guys!!
  6. Dunzie

Ramble FX Marvel Drive - Who's Using One??

Curious - for users of the Ramble FX Marvel Drive - what other similar drive pedals you compared it to before keeping it, or what you kept INSTEAD of it? Also, what kind of amp are you playing through and how are you using the Marvel? I've got a bit of pedal GAS right now for it, and I wish I...
  7. Dunzie

Marshall Experts - Lend your expertise

I've always been a Fender amp guy... have owned old, new, tweed, blackface, silverface, twins, 410's, 12's, 10's, you name it. Very at home with them. I currently have two EC Twinolux's, and a 59 Bassman RI. I jam and gig with them regularly. But secretly inside I also enjoy rocking out...
  8. Dunzie

Sold Rockett, JHS, Wampler, Mesa, VS, TC

Trying to shave down my pedalboard and extra pedals. These are all in perfect working order, and most have boxes and literature that came with them as new. I'm meticulous with my gear. (1) JHS Moonshine OD: $160 incl shipping and PP. Mint condition in box. ***SOLD*** (2) Mesa Boogie...
  9. Dunzie

For guys who use the Barber Gain Changer... a Poll...

There's no question the Barber Gain Changer is one of those TGP darlings when it comes to overdrives, and why not? Hugely flexible, one of the more versatile drive pedals around, sounds great whether used as a low gainer or a mid gain crunch, can be powered by 9-18 volts, and heck, Barber's...
  10. Dunzie

Sold MXR M-237 DC Brick Power Supply

Excellent condition, functions perfectly. Includes all packaging and contents from new purchase, including all 10 power cables. 8x 9V output, 2x 18V output, small pedalboard-friendly design, short circuit and overload protection. Asking $85 Shipped and PP'd. Shipping is via Canada Post...
  11. Dunzie

Your favorite drive pedal at 18V?

Curious to see what pedals people are running at 18V (and hopefully have done the research to know is OK per the manufacturer)... how are you setting it up (gain level, EQ, etc) and how does it compare to how the pedal runs at 9V? Myself... only the Barber Gain Changer and Analogman Prince of...
  12. Dunzie

NGD - CS Strat Quilt Top & Birdseye

Been eyeing up this Custom Deluxe AAA quilt top Strat at my favorite dealer for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on it today. Really bucks my trend for all rosewood boards, but I really dig this one... nicely figured birdseye maple, with a chunky v profile and great smooth satin...
  13. Dunzie

NGD - A Strat Guy Sins...

I've owned some great guitars through the years, although the best of them have been Fenders. I had a Les Paul I liked back in the 80's but since then I've had a bad experience with most Gibsons I've bought. I had a Custom Shop ES339 that was a real disappointment build wise that I returned...
  14. Dunzie

Wampler Clarksdale OD Owners...

... how loud is your output? I know in the included paperwork Brian describes the pedal as being geared for higher output, and yet, I have to set dials higher than any other drive pedal I own to get unity output. Setting level and gain at 12 o'clock and 3 eq levels there too, my pedal actually...
  15. Dunzie

Overdrive Overload!

14 dirt pedals at the moment, and KNOW that I need to pare down, but can't bring myself to part with any. And that's after selling off my Timmy, DLS MkIII, Bogner Red and Blue, Box of Rock, OCD, Paisley Drive, VS-XO, Velvet Fuzz, Soul Food, Ace Thirty, Tweed 57, Alpha Dog v2, and Rockett Animal...
  16. Dunzie

Bondi Sick As vs Rockett Archer?

First off, apologies to those clicking on this thread hoping to see a comparison video... I'm actually asking the question though... Has ANYBODY had the good fortune to compare these two pedals. I know it's a longshot at this time because the Archer in particular hasn't been available for...