Search results

1. LadOfEastPoland

The Album After the Masterpiece

As much of a proghead that I am, I'm not very much into Yes, however Tales From Topographic Oceans might just be my favorite Yes album, while its predecessor, Close to the Edge, is usually considered their best.
  2. LadOfEastPoland

Your favourite 90's electronic song.

My absolute #1 tune of the 90's overall: And to others that sprung into my mind:
  3. LadOfEastPoland

john abercrombie, r.i.p.

What a terrible loss, I absolutely love his ECM releases and contributions. Very inspiring. RIP
  4. LadOfEastPoland

Your favourite summer music

Yes, yes, yes, yes. Dub is the ultimate summer music. Last week's discovery for me:
  5. LadOfEastPoland

Black Metal

Varg is a psycho, but he is very interesting to listen to. He has a YouTube channel called ThuleanPerspective, where he discusses a lot of different matters (sadly, mainly political and phylosophical, many of which it's hard to agree with IMO), but he recently had a video talking about non-metal...
  6. LadOfEastPoland

the most Psychedelic recordings of all times .......

In my opinion, Germany produced some of the most psychedelic music ever during the late 60's and early 70's. Here are some of my favorites.
  7. LadOfEastPoland

hidden gems of the 70's and 80's

Oh yeah, love PFM! I wouldn't say they were a hidden gem, though. They had quite a career.
  8. LadOfEastPoland

hidden gems of the 70's and 80's

My favorite? There are lots. Here are five that popped up into my head right now. I apologize if the page gets hard to load because of the videos. Exmagma - a goofy German space-jazz-rock band (there is a mistake in the band name and the album title in the YouTube video below). Cosmic Circus...
  9. LadOfEastPoland

Allan Holdsworth R.I.P.

Also in shock. One of my all-time favorite guitarists. Horrible loss.
  10. LadOfEastPoland

Band names..funniest/dumbest you've actually been in

The lamest: a band from my city called The Ultimate Universe. The dumbest: another band from my city called Potato Monster.
  11. LadOfEastPoland

A few questions about Tascam 4-tracks

Haha, thanks so much! I'm very happy you took notice of the Manuel Göttsching inspiration, he is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. On this track, I experimented with mixing it down to the computer from a PHONES output rather than LINE OUT. Again, thanks a ton for very kind words.
  12. LadOfEastPoland

I totally forgot to let you all know - I happily bought a mint 424 MKII from a TGP member shikawkee a few weeks ago. It's a splendid machine - I think I already have more or less learned how to use it properly. I really love working with it - loads of fun all around. Even waiting for the tape to...
  13. LadOfEastPoland

Your top five influences on your current primary instrument

Hard to pick just five, but, as for now, this would be the list. Fred Frith Manuel Göttsching Michael Rother John McLaughlin David Gilmour or Allan Holdsworth
  14. LadOfEastPoland

Thanks a ton for answers, everybody! I really appreciate your time and feedback. I will be aiming for 414 MKII models (or well-preserved older models, where I can be sure it should work flawlessly) based on what you guys said regarding age of these machines and how it might influence their...
  15. LadOfEastPoland

Hey gang, I’ve been wanting to get a 4-track tape recorder for the last few months. Soon, I will be visiting the US, so I can pick one up. I like recording on a computer, but I also would love to have an analog, old-school workstation, because of a few reasons. I really like the warm, soft...
  16. LadOfEastPoland

10 "Most fun to play" classic rock tunes? HELP w setlist!!

Can't put 10, but no list of fun-to-play and fun-to-listen-to classic rock tunes would be complete without... "KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHERF#%$ERS!!!"
  17. LadOfEastPoland

Jaki Liebezeit Has Died.

What a terrible loss. Jaki is one of my all-time favorite drummers. I have just finnished listening to Future Days - what an excellent drummer. Can would not have been the same band without him. One man could go from funky fusion grooves, you could hear on early 70's Miles Davis records, to...
  18. LadOfEastPoland

Great songs with a woman's first name in the title

One I have just been listening to:
  19. LadOfEastPoland

M-Audio M-Track II vs. Presonus Audiobox vs. ... (help needed)

Perfect, thank you very much. I think you've convinced me to look into getting the PreSonus. Again, thanks much! :)
  20. LadOfEastPoland

Have you had any bigger problems with it? If so, what were the most "problematic"? Or were there any flaws that are worth taking into account?
  21. LadOfEastPoland

Hi TGP, I've been looking to get an audio interface recently, mainly for recording my guitar into the computer (eventually, my amp through the mic). I don't do vocals almost at all. I record into a 2008 MacBook with (promise you won't laugh) GarageBand. Studio quality is not something I need...
  22. LadOfEastPoland

Recommend me some relaxing, ethereal music

Some really nice stuff posted so far! I especially like the Miles Davis and Eno recommendations. I'll throw in a few "krautrock" favorites of mine. Popol Vuh's In Den Gärten Pharaos is one of the most relaxing albums I have ever heard. It has it all - slowly evolving drones, ethnic rhythms...