Search results

1. cygnusx1

Hiwatt DR103 build started

Send it to me first!
  2. cygnusx1

Dry painful hands and guitar! Anyone know of a miracle cure?

Don't forget to drink tons of water in the winter. I forced myself too when I lived on the east coast. makes a huge difference.
  3. cygnusx1

What do you play when you are asked to play something?

I freeze up and say, I need a band around me as I don 't really play solo. Then I sweat a lot
  4. cygnusx1

Hand going numb

this. The numbness could be caused by a pinched nerve in the elbow as well. You might benefit from some professional advice.
  5. cygnusx1

Need some help picking delay and reverb pedals

Specular reverb v3. has 8 presets that are easy to set. Has an echo option as one of the tones it can produce which is just fantastic, plus u can plug an expression pedal in to control a parameter u like. with all that said, it has the most balanced and realistic verb to my ears.
  6. cygnusx1

Willie gave up weed?

Correction, stem cell therapy
  7. cygnusx1

Willie gave up weed?

I believe Willie had a lung transplant a while back, so realistically he's got lots more years to go to f thos theings up
  8. cygnusx1

Sold (One left!) Drew Goodin Free Shipping Holiday Special - 1x12 and 2x10 Cabinets

Hey there. Do you have any 1x12" Left? I have a JTM45 style amp and want a 1x12 option.
  9. cygnusx1

An Evening with Redd Volkaert

Yep, that's why I use a Grammatico. John is light years ahead of most other amp makers. I have seen and heard the comparisons first hand.
  10. cygnusx1

Are recent Epiphones better than comparable Gibsons?

I bought a new epi les paul some years ago, $399, changed the pickups and controls to quality ones, $600 total investment, it has Grovers factory which Gibson does not, plays and sounds better than any of my friends expensive Les Pauls.
  11. cygnusx1

No thanks

Thats a dude in the background! lmao
  12. cygnusx1

An Evening with Redd Volkaert

Redd uses a custom Grammatico twin. Pure gold
  13. cygnusx1

Chick Corea, RIP

Chick was my good friends cousin. Very sad day for music and my friend.
  14. cygnusx1

Solution to Worship Music/CCM

Stop trying to emulate the world to be appealing and set the trends yourself! If I see anotyer skinny pants bad haircut guitar player trying to be the edge or coldplay, instead of tearing into it at some point, I may just sit and cry
  15. cygnusx1

I thought I lost Van Halen's ADKOT ... but it recently resurfaced and uhhhhmmm...

She's the woman sounds like a 1984 tune that didn't make the album. I love it!
  16. cygnusx1

What brand guitar cable do you use ? Im tired of fighting my cables.

I have used spectra flex since high school. 1992! Still have both my original cables, too many gigs to list, plus lifetime warranty. I am quoted on their websit too!
  17. cygnusx1

Are JJ's Tubes Overated and Possibly Junk?

Yes, the jj's seem more gainy and loose. totally agree.
  18. cygnusx1

The Who - "Who's Next"

Nah. It's great and the envelope follower he used for the solo is amazing sounding
  19. cygnusx1

The Who - "Who's Next"

What???????
  20. cygnusx1

The Who - "Who's Next"

Pete is handsdown one of my favorite guitar players of all time. Saw him live before entwistle died. Pete can play mean leads, but serves the song rhythmically.
  21. cygnusx1

Creamback 65's vs Creamback Alnico's

Final update. I combined 1 of each. That's what I was looking for. That's a nice balance of both. That is all.
  22. cygnusx1

Reverb.com buyer says amp doesn’t work

Always have a pic of the serial number so no one can pull a swap on you
  23. cygnusx1

Considering new tuners on a strat: Will it really help the guitar stay in tune?

Graphtech nut, locking tuners, and a good set up on the bridge.
  24. cygnusx1

Thoughts on Carr Amps?

El Rey, I just retubed and added some vintage solder to different points on a friend of mines hot cat. It sounded like electric mud before, but with the mullards and solder, plus I installed a vintage 30 I had not the cheap vintage 30 in there to begin with, it is now useable. Not the best build...