Search results

1. mody

Recommend 1-5 Watt All tube Amps

Bet it's a lovely amp!
  2. mody

What pedal for that early Malcolm Young crunch?

Hey, I'm so sorry I mixed them up, it's Angus's strings I was talking. Oops :)
  3. mody

To the OP, I'd suggest the Solodallas Storm, it's an Angus thing but it covers Malcolm's tone too. It's very ACDC :)
  4. mody

Wow been looking for something like that, thanks. Not true about the strings. Regular super slinskeys, pink. 9-42. Its def a cranked amp with a nuanced touch. There is articulation and dynamics in their playing, neither are constantly slamming the strings, accents Yes.
  5. mody

What Marshall amp to get this tone and what 1 watt Marshall head'd be close?

Some great references there Brek. You just made me a big fan of GM! Good luck with all the great gear would love to hear some clips when you get it all together. Sounds like a great setup in the making.
  6. mody

What's Your Current Wah Pedal?

Fulltone Clyde Std w/ Buffer
  7. mody

What are you GASing for right now?

Exactly my situation! Finally found my sounds, now all the stuff that I sifted through to get to this point is on its way out.feels great.
  8. mody

Show your pedalboard: 2021

I need a smaller board :D
  9. mody

What are you GASing for right now?

Nothing for a change
  10. mody

Boost pedals. Who uses them?

I completely agree, never understood the religious puritans :hide For one I love my amp, and it's usually set rather dirty, cleans up beautifully too. Lately, I've been wanting a little bit more out of it but don't want to change the settings on the amp, as it develops some frequencies I'm not...
  11. mody

That sticker covered hole on Strats

Meh... That spring doesn't have much elasticity, once it compresses fully it doesn't expand. Initially the trem warble bugged me too , but then I just got on with making music, it works just fine with the play n all, after a while u just embrace it's quirks. Still bothers you, use teflon tape...
  12. mody

Bent saddles & Block saddles: Basic tonal difference?

Absolutely true. Also often the pairing gear or situation will not resolve the differences, meaning the differences will not be noticed. I thought raw vintage saddles were an improvement with a dark amp, not so with a bright amp! Live and learn.
  13. mody

That sticker covered hole on Strats

That spring is the single most useless thing on a strat, I'm surprised it's still a thing!
  14. mody

Rockitt Retro RR100 Clips

Yes it cleans up entirely. Edit:. Just checked this on the amp, if I pick softly it cleans up a lot and maintians levels, if I roll back it gets a chime with a bit of hair, still retaining full volume, rolling back further the volume drop is not much to get a super fendery clean tone, if you...
  15. mody

Thank you!
  16. mody

Quartersawn Madness!

This post was making an unusual amount of sense for TGP, untill I saw the handle. I'd add SS frets to this list, I think MOST folks who insist on them have never worn down nickel frets to start with.
  17. mody

How much neck dive do you tolerate?

Zero tolerance, vibrato without any thumb often, deal breaker.
  18. mody

NOS Mullard EL34 pair

Ahem...
  19. mody

20. mody

Stringjoy Strings

Longest lasting do far, not kidding, I play hard and everyday, I change them out every six months, out of spite.
  21. mody