Search results

1. treedroppings

Help me pick a light guitar for metal

My 2012 Firebird is a whopping 7 lbs.
  2. treedroppings

Polyester finish thickness effect on guitar weight.

But used for a sealer only?
  3. treedroppings

10’s on a Strat and...what on a Les Paul?

Eleven of strings to 48 of Bass both Firebird and Stratocaster
  4. treedroppings

The best neck humbucker is ___

Zhangbucker pickups makes an LP sized firebird Humbucker called the Big Bird. It’s on the home page if you scroll down a bit. zhangbucker.com
  5. treedroppings

PAF pickup sets that do A4 bridge and A5 neck?

On a firebird pickup, I have a a2/a5 combo and it is nice in the neck. With a lot less output than my Strat.
  6. treedroppings

Should I upgrade the pickups on 1994 MIJ Telecaster?

SD Alnico 2 pro are a real nice sound through a Mesa mark style amp see the avatar
  7. treedroppings

Calling all Mark I owners...

The reissue manual really has a funny way of describing amps and tubes
  8. treedroppings

Calling all Mark I owners...

I also have a Mesa mk1 reissue it has an effects loop. Does yours have one? You really got a great deal btw
  9. treedroppings

Mesa Fillmore instead of Fender?

Congrats my mk1 reissue was a straight trade for a functional peavey triple xxx combo with el34 & 50 watts great sounds but not enough volume was the peavey I definitely had to fix that mk1. Because it’s really a rock legend Now
  10. treedroppings

Is tonewood a real an important thing? (poll)

Does infinite detail of the anchor points matter?
  11. treedroppings

So, switches and pots do make a difference...

I have a 2012 Firebird. I kept the electronics but changed the pickups. Will it be better off if I change the potentiometers? I think it is 500 kOhms. How much would an RS set cost?
  12. treedroppings

Strat Experts; Ash or Alder?

I tried a pale moon ebony tele , and it didn't have any of the specs that I wanted but it sounded so good with a GC return policy that could be fun for a few days and return it!!
  13. treedroppings

NGD 2020 Heritage H-150 Artisan Aged!

Beautiful. But no pictures of the head?! Just kidding.
  14. treedroppings

On today's AXED. You're given only a 24.75 scale mahogany bodied neck and body and a fuzz face...

APS-2, T-Top and a Sovtek mig60. I'll trade the Fuzz for a Boss Turbo Overdrive. Or: P-90s and a Gretsch twin Tremelo 6161t
  15. treedroppings

For those with more than one guitar...

Sell my Firebird and keep the Strat. The Strat is ssh, Ash body, fast maple neck, great pickups (2seymour singles and a voodoo '57 PAF with parallel switch). The Firebird is Very Nice but I like fighting the Strat (11-48 strings and high action) for the 'Blooze' tones. And great metal sounds as...
  16. treedroppings

Entry level Mesa Boogie ?

Mark I re-issue is nice for me. It was broken and I traded a working Peavey XXX for it. XXX was not very loud:(
  17. treedroppings

Guitar Center won’t sell showroom guitar for cheaper

I'd buy the guitar for cheaper and shop around for another showroom!
  18. treedroppings

What's the best color for a Strat when playing it live?

Fiesta Red white pickguard Strat with Maple neck!
  19. treedroppings

I discovered the 'secret' to Burstbucker Pro pickups

I had a T-Top style in the bridge of an all mahogany Paul 2 and it had mojo. So crisp and articulate!
  20. treedroppings

How To Make Lower Frets Easier To Bend Upwards?

Do Push Ups! Haha yeah you can eventually do it no problem. Just be patient and I did see some great suggestions in this thread!
  21. treedroppings

Epiphone shatters the price ceiling!

Suppose it's a 1970 1/2 SS Impala? Much better than the equivalent Cadillac!
  22. treedroppings

How would you spec your signature guitar?

Fiesta Red Strat with a thicker SRV type neck (all maple, tinted). Red Devil bridge and APS 2 middle and broadcaster neck pickups. Maybe three volume controls? White pickguard and plastics. Tremolo system for tuning stability, maybe a Callaham with locking tuners. Nickel plated hardware...
  23. treedroppings

Out of all the amps you've owned and played though, what was the BEST overall amp

A Gretsch twin Tremelo mesas Mark I &3 and a Sovtek mig60