Search results

1. rotren

Easy minor blues solo - 10 licks

Playing this in the saddest of all keys... people weep instantly... according to Nigel.
  2. rotren

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun

Our band Warp Kings just released a new cover song. This is the first time EVER I play slide on a recording. Our singer made the trippy video.
  3. rotren

How to play fast bluesy licks

Obviously, there are several ways to play fast, but I get this question sometimes, and this mix of hammer-ons and pull-offs and slides is how I do it, Let me know your thoughts.
  4. rotren

How to play a blues solo with ONE lick

It works! Easy but cool?
  5. rotren

A sweet Dorian phrase

6. rotren

My solo on Run Rudolph Run

Short and fun.
  7. rotren

A Christmas song for you

This was a lot of fun to do. It would be awesome if you'd add a comment on the video and let my band members know what you think.
  8. rotren

Minor 9 voicing ideas (just a few)

In many cases, you can replace a minor chord (1-3-5) with a minor 7, minor 9, minor 11 or minor 13 chord. These extended minor chords simply give you "more" or "different" colour into to your music. I look at these as colours - sometimes I go for a minor 7 chord and another time, a minor 9 chord...
  9. rotren

The Christmas Song

Using a Suhr Badger 18, Ramos Guitar and RC Booster. @Husky
  10. rotren

Mixolydian with 3rds

Who says you can't polish a third! Enough Polish jokes. Here's my latest lesson.
  11. rotren

Desc 4 note pentatonic pattern

A very useful way of practicing a scale, in this case, the pentatonic. I'll do video on ascending as well. This is just ONE of MANY ways you can use sequence patterns for both learning the scale on the fretboard, as well as a way to make your fingers go in ways they may not be used to. This can...
  12. rotren

My band Warp Kings have 2 songs out now (Faith No More, The Beatles)

Check out my new band Warp Kings! We have a new single out now - Hey Bulldog (The Beatles). The first song we recorded was Midlife Crisis (Faith No More). Hope you like it! I do both mixing and mastering of the songs and play all the guitars. > Apple Music ->...
  13. rotren

Some Jimi-ish Chord Embellishment Ideas

Nothing complicated, just some good old moves everyone should know.
  14. rotren

4 inexpensive pedals from MeloAudio (delay, chorus, looper, pitch shifter)

I quite like the delay, chorus and looper. The pitch shifter, not so much. It's not tracking fast enough and comes with some strange pitch options that I would never use.
  15. rotren

Some easy blues-rock licks

16. rotren

B flat blues solo - free lesson

Some licks heavily inspired by Chris Cain.
  17. rotren

3 Sophisticated Blues Licks

Played over a C7 to F7 to C7 groove.
  18. rotren

6 grab & go blues licks

The last lick is a serious bend! These are easy blues licks that sound nice, or at least I hope so.
  19. rotren

Here's a minor blues solo

How's it sounding?
  20. rotren

Here's an easy blues solo taught lick for lick

This is a fun, easy blues solo in E. I'm playing it over a straight groove (even feel) but you can also play it over a shuffle. You just have play the 8th notes with shuffle feel, and it will work.
  21. rotren

Pentatonic 3 notes per string

After you learn the boxes, start connecting them. Here's a way you can do that.
  22. rotren

Dorian trick - m7b5 over minor?

This is a great little trick you should know. Play a minor7b5 arpeggio, one and a half whole-steps below the minor chord you are playing over, and you get the Dorian sound. That's 3 frets. Pretty cool? To do the same over an A minor chord, play the F#m7b5 arpeggio. To play over a D minor chord...
  23. rotren

SRV style chord tone triplet licks

Have fun with this classic SRV style idea!