Search results

1. H

Let's get to the point. Your ONE favorite amp.

Somewhat surprisingly, my Marshall Class 5 ...
  2. H

NAD!! Supro Comet

Thanks guys - these are really helpful comments. Might just have to take the plunge without trying first ... Thanks again !!
  3. H

NAD!! Supro Comet

Congrats on the new amp! Like you, my nearest Supro dealer is too far away for me to try out. Just curious, how are the semi-clean tones, and touch sensitivity? I think the answer is no, but redundancy with a Princeton Reverb? I have a '68, and while I think it sounds pretty awesome...
  4. H

Amps For Bass and Guitar

Trying to find a amp that will do both well and drive a 2x12 or 2x10 or 1x15 cab - nothing monstrous. Looking for a compact / relatively portable set up. Maybe 50 watts or less. Fender Bassman Traynor YBA-1 Marshall 2061x What others are there ?? Thanks.
  5. H

Vintage Fender Princeton Reverb is simply amazing!

68 drip edge here - i love it. Lamp bulb is out tough - i would hink its an easy fix ? Gotta reserch this. But great amp !!
  6. H

New Vox AC15 Handwired Incoming!!!

Yeah, that fawn looks great - thanks for the review - going to have to try one out.
  7. H

Best Amp with Headphone and Line Out

Thanks everybody - I'm going to start looking into the Traynor and the Bambino.
  8. H

Just thought I'd give this another try. Maybe too similar to the home practice amp thread, but looking for the line out to plug into duet and then into a macbook. Weber Mass may be the way to go, not sure though. Cajone5 - thanks for the suggestion. Not really a high gain guy, but its a...
  9. H

Just wondering if anything else is out there that has both a headphone out and a line out besides a Champ 12. Maybe I should try a Weber Mass or something like that that has both as an alternative. Thanks!
  10. H

Getting my tone into headphones

The Koch Load Box looks good. Doesn't the blues jr have a cable that runs out of the amp and that connects to the internal speaker? If it does, I think it would be just a matter connecting that output to the Load Box (matching the ohms)? I'm not too good at these things either, but that's...
  11. H

5 to 15 watt amps with Reverb AND Tremolo

How about the Goodsell 5/17 mk III? I thought that they had both.
  12. H

My Alex Chilton Tribute/Tiny Terror + Strat Demo...

sounds great! radio city is all about that strat tone - one of my favorites. now slap a capo on the second fret and play september gurls!
  13. H

The 'I have more than 3 amps' thread...

Marshall Class 5 68 Princeton Reverb Clark Beaufort Special Fender Champ 12 Will probably swap the Champ 12 for a Vox AC15 at some point
  14. H

Amp recommendation for ambience....

Yeah, I'd agree with a Fender of some kind - nice cleans and great reverb for the space. I think with your budget, you should be able to find something nice! If you were on a tighter budget, I might want to check out some used Musicmans - I had an HD 130 4x10 (kind of like a poor man's Super...
  15. H

First Marshall...What do I get?

+1 on the Class 5 - this is my first Marshall, and like you, I have been trying to get some amps to get what I think are those classic sounds for mostly home recording (have a PR, 5E3, the Marshall now, looking for Vox). FWIW, I think the Class 5 is pretty great, and seems to capture what I...
  16. H

Whats a good 60s Fender Princeton?

I have a '68 Princeton Reverb silver face drip-edge (silver trim around the speaker grill) that I think sounds pretty good. A lot less expensive than a black face. Not sure how much you want to spend, but this could be an option.
  17. H

Marshall Class 5 - Headphone Out Question

No speaker emulation that I'm aware of. I tried this trick which seems to give me enough of a level to record directly from the headphone out to my Tascam DP004: http://marshallvintagemodern.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3794 I am using the headphone out for silent recording. Hope this helps.
  18. H

Bad Cat Mini Cat II

I have a Bad Cat Mini Cat head that I used to run through a 2x12 cab - it never really inspired me, although it sounded good - I often had trouble dialing it in for good tone though. I just picked up a Marshall Class 5 and I prefer this much more than the Mini Cat - the cleans sound more...
  19. H

Introduce Me to Marshall!

I'm a Fender fan too, and just picked up the Class 5, my first Marshall, and I think it's a really great little amp. It just replaced my 68 drip edge Princeton Reverb in the living room (at least for now). Mine doesn't rattle, but I can't really crank it in my apartment. The cleans sound...
  20. H

Best way to get Marshall tones at bedroom levels

Class 5 with headphones - its too loud otherwise.
  21. H

Noisy Reverb on Princeton Reverb

thx everybody - i'll look into getting a NOS 12AT7 for the reverb. thanks!
  22. H

tmac - thanks for your help - I'll check out those tubes first. thanks again!
  23. H

I'm not really a technical guy, but the reverb on my Princeton (its a '68) gets really noisy and hissy when I turn it up past 4 or so. Up until 4 its fine, but just gets noisy past 4. Is it a bad tube? If so, any idea which one? Thanks for the help.
  24. H

Top shops in L.A?

My favorite shop in LA is Westwood Music - mainly because the people there are very nice and helpful. Of course, they have some nice gear as well - a lot of nice acoustic guitars, and some good electrics as well. I heard my first Goodsell amp there, the 5/17 mark III, which is great sounding...
  25. H

Which Weber for my 5E3?

The Beaufort Special I just got has a 12A125 in it, and it sounds good to me.