Search results

1. O

What model is this 2001 McCarty 10 Top?

Half the thickness of an archtop. No piezo input.
  2. O

What model is this 2001 McCarty 10 Top?

Image by ogradyboy posted Feb 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM What model is this McCarty 10 top?
  3. O

Whats this SG WORTH? PICS ADDED

Pics added to OP
  4. O

Once again, to the many of you who have offered constructive criticism during my ignorant moment of weakness by asking an incomplete question, thank you for your patience. I will make more of an effort in getting my hands on the original guitar again soon and amend this thread to include...
  5. O

If I had taken pictures of the guitar when I held it in my hands I would have most certainly done that. I understand the limited input without pictures. If I can I will add them. Along with its geneology and a DNA swab. Perhaps some residual sweat from the original owner and a GC and NMR...
  6. O

Thanks ctman. If I can get pics and more info I will revive this thread.
  7. O

Thank you elterrel and ctman. The guy showing me the guitar is 58 years old. Tells me (and I believe him because he is clergy) his dad bought it new when the guy was in grade school. So I am assuming early 60's. It is an off-white or very faded yellow finish. Black pick guard. Ivory tuners...
  8. O

Thank you to most of you for all if your kind words and support. If it weren't for the generous and giving, friendly and completely non threatening nature of TGP I wouldn't be a member for so many years. Once again, sorry for no pictures to those of you desperately needing the visual...
  9. O

An acquaintance showed me a Gibson SG owned by his now deceased dad who played it for every bit of 50 years, with all original parts, very worn with a warping pick guard and diffuse cracks in the finish. Neck is true and lots of corrosion on the metal hardware. Feels great,, low action, very old...
  10. O

Telecaster makers?

Matt Brewster at 30th Street Guitars in NYC. I love mine and he's great to work with.
  11. O

Is humidity control important in storing electric guitars?

As my friend finishes building his music room (temperature controlled above the garage) he is considering hanging his electric guitars on the walls for display. I've read that acoustic guitars fare better over the years if the room temperature and humidity are kept fairly constant. Does...