Search results

1. mamm7215

Big changes at Gibson...

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/gibson-bankruptcy-plan-formally-approved
  2. mamm7215

Chamaeleo Tail Mk ii issue...

I just picked up one of these cheap off a guy because he said it was broken. It switches between the loops ok but the program lights L1-L5 don't light up ever. I haven't plugged it in at home yet, will in a bit but it does "appear" at this point to be fully functional. The loop buttons do...
  3. mamm7215

NAD - 1st AC15, wheeee!

I just bought an AC15C1 last week. My first Vox! I thought the stock sound was great and like the sound of the greenback. Of course, if that was that I wouldn’t be posting. Local Craigslist had a near new Alnico Cream for trade/sale so I jumped on it. Traded a couple pedals I wasn’t using...
  4. mamm7215

Ok, I'll try...

My latest tune, attempting a reggae feel...
  5. mamm7215

Trio+ foot switch choices...

Hope someone can chime in, maybe @DigiTechRep? I just bought a Trio+, and I'm not needing a switch per set but an fs-300 just came up locally for cheap so was thinking about it. I know the newer one is the fs3x but it "looks" like they're pretty much the same pedal. Anyone know if it will...
  6. mamm7215

Xvive Golden Brownie gets reviewed

I'll just leave this here...
  7. mamm7215

My Tube Rattle Solution...

Hey all, been dealing with the typical power tube rattle in my 5E3. Tube Depot kit w/ET-65 speaker, stock JJ 6V6S tubes. Tube closest to rectifier would rattle annoyingly depending on volume and notes played which for me was sort of tolerable but unrecordable so I got some new tubes. 2 new...
  8. mamm7215

PGS finally reviews the DD-500

Been hoping to hear Andy take her out...
  9. mamm7215

NPD-Xvive Golden Brownie

So I've been looking at this for a bit now and last night after about my 4th Guinness it suddenly seemed like the best time to order. Being in Canada, for some reason Amazon.ca has been out of stock until recently but it was on my wish list and I got a reminder so this morning it showed up. I...
  10. mamm7215

Yet Another DIY 5E3 Speaker Question...yes, really...Update

But to keep it on point, I'll make it brief :) I've finally experienced the "farting out" sound on my 5E3 after putting a 5Y3Gt rectifier tube in. The extra sag and earlier breakup is great but it definitely does it on bassier chords when turned up. It's my TubeDepot build with the stock...
  11. mamm7215

Yet another DIY 5E3 thread!!

Well it's almost here! Going to pick it up in an hour or so. Then off to Home Depot for some shellac and lacquer. Big thanks ahead of time to Skipburz, Snowy, and RobRobinette for their advice and contributions. Rob's site https://robrobinette.com/Amp_Stuff.htm is a must read for anyone...
  12. mamm7215

Tubedepot 5E3 sale!

https://tubedepot.com/products/tweed-5e3-vacuum-tube-amp-kit So my question to you who've built these, is this a good price (I know it is but..) . Should I wait for thanksgiving/xmas sales, if they have them? Why am I asking? I live in Canada and right now it's a 31% hit on exchange so budget...
  13. mamm7215

DD500 Editor

Don't know if anyone's seen this but this guy has made an editor for the DD500, I'm just checking it out now... http://www.roaldvandillewijn.nl/?page=sw_1 It uses Max74 as an operating environment but the install is available on the same page...
  14. mamm7215

NPD Wampler Black 65!!!

So I've been a little disappointed with my OD's lately. Started with my old Tokai OD-1 when I built my pedal board earlier this year. Then I got a digitech CM-2. It's "ok" but didn't do much for me. Thought it would. Then I found an OCD on sale at guitar center in the U.S. (I'm Canadian)...
  15. mamm7215

Palisades/Dunes or dual fusion?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone's compared the two directly. I've got a cm-2 and an old tokai od-1. I wanted to get down to 1 decent od and after watching tons of video I think it's down to these two. I like the screamer drive but really don't like the mid hump. The cm-2 is pretty...
  16. mamm7215

NPD- Digitech Hardwire CM-2 OD...

Been needing to find a good versatile o/d for the board since I've got everything else I need. I do have an '80's Tokai OD-1 but it's a little mid-rangey I guess because it's supposed to be a ts clone. In any case I was looking at all the usual suspects but a local music store had one in 2nd...
  17. mamm7215

So I like my Blue Sky, not sure I love it...

But I got it for a great deal so given what they go for 2nd hand (approx 275-300-ish around me based on craigslist) would there be something cheaper/better more versatile of a reverb with enough room after sale for another pedal as well? Experiences? Tia.