Search results

1. mmrxcsr01

Mission amp 5e3 voulme mod

Bruce will provide a download of detailed instructions after you've purchased the kit. Send him an email....
  2. mmrxcsr01

So, heat...

Thanks again for your time...again, the 6v6's are old, different brands...higher- than- they- should- be- voltages...all the tubes are just ones I use for the initial burn in of a new build. I try to suss out an issue before I take it out to gig, or let someone else use it at an open...
  3. mmrxcsr01

So, heat...

B+ is at 392/361/283. Plate voltages are 378 and 392 (with old, odd 6v6's ) ; cathode resistor (250 ohms 5 watt) drop is 18 volts. Old 5y3. Fender Deluxe Revern p/t and o/t. So around 13 watts. I know they're all a bit high, waiting on a zener diode...and I have a "bucking box" built as well...
  4. mmrxcsr01

So, heat...

5e3 build, a little bigger cab (5e5 pro), and after the build, the burn in. Chassis (Weber chrome, from years ago), after running 4 hours, very nearly too hot to hold your fingertips on for more than a few moments. Thoughts?
  5. mmrxcsr01

Alembic f-2b

Thanks Mark and Jay, appreciate your time.
  6. mmrxcsr01

Alembic f-2b

Thanks Jay, appreciate your input. Did you find the circuit to be a useful one, long term?
  7. mmrxcsr01

Alembic f-2b

Thinking of building one for a friend, and it seems to get the components into a single space rack mount, Alembic used a very small power transformer and a voltage doubler arrangement. If I DON'T have a size limitation, does anyone see any reason not to use just an off the shelf P/T (with...
  8. mmrxcsr01

[SOLVED] Strange thing happened to my YGM3 - no sound

Not in that particular amp, but I've had 12A..7's that had one half die- recently in a 5E3...sorry, but at this point, I'm out of suggestions...please post when you or your tech finds the issue...
  9. mmrxcsr01

I ask because my '72 has a circuit breaker, not a fuse, and the main speaker out is an RCA jack on the underside of the chassis. Broken wire there? Corrosion? I've had tubes that still light up, but pass no signal. Again, to be clear- a different guitar, a different cable, played through a...
  10. mmrxcsr01

Just to be clear- is this a ygm reissue, or one of the originals? Single speaker, or multiple?
  11. mmrxcsr01

Deluxe Reverb Clone crackling

Have you checked the grid resistors spanning pins 1 and 5 on your 6V6 sockets?
  12. mmrxcsr01

Deluxe Reverb Clone crackling

You may have seen this already, but it's one thing to check. I assume you swapped out tubes? https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1384147
  13. mmrxcsr01

DC on volume pot fix?

In my area, Home Depot sells a product called "DampRid", for wet basements, etc. Used one in my car once after leaving a window down overnight in a rainstorm, it's VERY good at pulling moisture out of a room. Try a package lying in your open chassis- is MAY pull enough moisture from your board...
  14. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Two new pics, eyelet boards for the filter caps and the main board. It doesn't look like much, but it was almost the whole afternoon Saturday...I warned you... http://s1164.beta.photobucket.com/user/krammp11/library/.
  15. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Smolder- here's the thing. I have a 5e3 and a 5e5 build, so I'm in the neighborhood volume-wise. I'm more interested in the tmb availability, and some clean headroom. Having said that- I think the 6v6 will do for the usual places I'll be gigging with it. Strat, tele, no pedals, guitar-bass-...
  16. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Sorry to be so long- but I think all's accounted for now. Here's a few pics of donor parts, road case, chassis, blank board, and small parts. I'm hoping to start the board layout this weekend, but you see what happened the LAST time I said that...
  17. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. The cab is a Bantam Bass, received with no baffle or rear panels, stripped of tolex, and stained. OK...it was $50 shipped. The chassis was a Peavey keyboard amp, a bit too wide for the cab, but it cut easily enough (being aluminum). I sold the 15" speaker...
  18. mmrxcsr01

AB763 Lite build...

Starting a single channel ab763 deluxe lite build this week, vmtb, no t or v. Chassis is an 80's Peavey keyboard amp, with the same depth/ front angle, and the length was ok with a bit cut off. Cheap, but pine, Fender cab and road case from the net. I'm thinking either a single 12", or, given...
  19. mmrxcsr01

Reverb Locking lever

Well, good to know I'm not the only one curious here...maybe Fender added it to the outboard reverb with the thought that it might get bounced around a bit more than one in a combo...anyway, if anyone can post a pic, I'd be grateful...
  20. mmrxcsr01

Reverb Locking lever

Does anyone have a photo, or drawing, of the lever used to lock the springs in Fender's outboard reverb? Many thanks-
  21. mmrxcsr01

DeArmond R15 clone build?

Any chance you can post it, or a link to it? TIA-
  22. mmrxcsr01

DeArmond R15 clone build?

TQR had an original blueprinted and built, and sells them- try to Google "Clarksdale" amp, and I think you'll find it. No luck with a schem, tho...
  23. mmrxcsr01

'59 Tweed Vibrolux

As to the brittle insulation on the pt leads, slip some heat shrink over them...
  24. mmrxcsr01

Ampeg reverbrocket 2

Which model is yours- going for opinions as to the most favored model- keep the opinions coming- thanks-
  25. mmrxcsr01

Ampeg reverbrocket 2

As put forth in another thread, opinions/preferences of models, given the 7591 finals, and why? Many thanks-