Search results

1. Z

Determining Input/Output Impedances of Pedals?

3 questions guys. 1 - Other than looking at the manual for the specs, is there any other way to determine input and output impedances of buffered or true bypass pedals that are turned on? 2 - I read somewhere (maybe here?) as a 'general' rule, the input impedance should be at least 10x more...
  2. Z

Cleaning Vintage Pedals?

Specifically the old Electro Harmonix Big Muffs. I got me a '78 IC Chip Muff and a '81 Muff that looks pretty dirty. I was wondering what's the safest way to clean up the surface of the sheet metal. I can't post pics right now, but I can describe you that the pedals have same kind of gunky...
  3. Z

Cutting through the band with a Fuzz Face

This has always been hard for me. Fuzz Faces sound sweet and has awesome cleanup (I have a '69 mkii and a Hendrix Fuzz Face sig), but I find myself stomping on my Muffs or my RAT for my lead sound. Compared to the Muffs and the RAT, Fuzz Faces sound thinner (maybe it has less mids?) all-around...
  4. Z

Supplying power on old pedals (Using 1Spot)

Hello guys, I just scored a Russian Green Muff a week ago and I'm loving it. I don't want to waste alot of batteries so I opted to get a CBAT adaptor for my 1Spot. But with the adaptor, the battery cover won't close. Just wondering how you guys battle this dilemma. Leave it open to air (and...
  5. Z

I need TGP's expertness! (Unknown Guitar Content)

Hello, I found this online, wondering what type of guitar it is: Might be a Teisco, but none of their models have exactly that same body shape as the pic. Soooo I need your guys help please. Either way, it's going to be a steal from c-list and I'm going to play it through fuzzes so sound...
  6. Z

Flashback users! A Looper question.

I've been looking at the Flashback delay/looper as soon as it got released as I've been looking for a replacement for my Hardwire delay/looper. The Hardwire is nice all by itself, but it only has 20 seconds of loop time. (I kinda needed 24 seconds so I can play over slow blues). So I went to...
  7. Z

Educate me on Ibanez AD99 Analog Delay

Hello guys. I've had a chance to have for trade an Ibanez AD99 Analog Delay - the one with the purple butterfly. Just wondering what you guys think about it? How does it compare to the Aqua Puss? I have a Hardwire Delay and I'm pretty content with my faux-tape delay sound, just wondering if...
  8. Z

Question about buying pickups used

Hello. I was planning on buying a used Fender Tex Mex pickup set (via craigslist). I love the sound of those pickups, very bluesy. But question is, how can I know if it's really Tex Mex pickups if I can't try it out on a guitar? Thanks.